[Beta 1] Gui.Air

Gui.Air Beta 1

First off, thank you everybody for your support and patience.

I have spent a long time making the widgets, for example, check the way the caption buttons 'sink' when you click and hold them. Little details like that help define a theme, so keep your eye open for them :?)

Gui.Air.png

Please Read>

1. This is a pre-release BETA which is only available here. Do not upload or distribute.

2. Bug reports are welcomed, as is constructive criticism.

3. Please, do not whine because orange is not in this release.

4. Try it for 30 minutes before you post, that way you'll get used to the interface and your feedback will be more accurate.

5. I havealpha-blended> the caption bar corners to match the desktop (or any light background), so they look ultra smooth. This is atest> and will eventually be removed so the corners look good on dark backgrounds. I am enjoying this style for now so I thought I'd let you see how it felt too.

6. Wallpaper included.

7. FONTS ARE NOT FINAL.

8. Progress bars, tabs, vertical taskbars (shudder) and sliders are not skinned.

9. Use the black cursor scheme. Don't argue, just use it :?)

10. Modifications will not be given permission.

Enjo(Y)Y)

GuiAirB1.zip

Edited by b0se

amazing thx b0se

EDIT: one of the sexiest start buttons/panels ever.

first thing i gotta request is for the gray bar above/under the taskbar (depending if it's at the top or bottom of ur screen) to be optional. i can live with it but prefer it without.

so sexy.

User pic now turned off, strange how it didn't show on my own PC. Re-download if you have the bug - should be gone.

Black buttons are staying, its part of the design. They will grow on you, just takes some initial getting used to because its different.

b0se:

Words fail me. This is superb, and I don't mean that lightly.

It's just sooo usable!

There's so many other awesome themes, but this really is coming out top.

I have 2 early observations on this Beta;

1. Would you consider adding some kind of separator for the items on the taskbar?

2. Whether it's just something with my machine (highly possible :p) or what, but I have a bit of the XP Account Picture showing on the Start Panel:

untitled5vl1.th.jpg

Going to use this theme constantly now and post any issues back here, so that the release can be truely "perfect".

Thanks so much dude, you've made my day.. well, week... aww heck, year. :p

EDIT: It appears you fixed bug 2 whilst I was typing this. AMAZING!

hey this is great BoSe!!

taskbar is pretty much perfect, the only part that bugs me is the start button, something about the shadow/impression around it dosn't look right. also iam not really likeing the caption buttons.. just look.. em a bit boring(which is more personnal taste).

but great style will be keeping it on for bit :p

1. Would you consider adding some kind of separator for the items on the taskbar?

2. Whether it's just something with my machine (highly possible :p) or what, but I have a bit of the XP Account Picture showing on the Start Panel

The program icons act as separators. None of my themes have separators on inactive taskbar items, never felt the need for them!

Re-download the theme, it was a bug that was fixed about 2 minutes after initial release. Well, I hope its fixed - anyone verify that?

Thanks for the comments (Y)

The program icons act as separators. None of my themes have separators on inactive taskbar items, never felt the need for them!

Re-download the theme, it was a bug that was fixed about 2 minutes after initial release. Well, I hope its fixed - anyone verify that?

Yes it's fixed.

Yeah, bug = gone! :D

I also agree with freedom about the shadow around the Start button. I think it would look better if it was just the white button directly on the taskbar.

Yeah, bug = gone! :D

I also agree with freedom about the shadow around the Start button. I think it would look beeter if it was just the white button directly on the taskbar.

I actually like the shadow. Just my opinion though.