• Bioshadow
    • fmxer
    • Mohsin Naqi
    • spex04
    • urge
    • ZiGGA

Question

Contest is now offically over!

The winner will be announced around 21:00 BST (GMT +1)

Hi Guys,

Update: To clear up some confusion, the contest is still open till the end of the week. This poll is to get a general feel towards the current

designs.

I recently started the following logo contest to build a logo for my site www.curvycorners.net see topic: www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=453181

I need some help deciding which logo to choose. I have attached pictures below of the ones that I have narrowed it down to. The logos have been overlaid on a sample of the new site design.

Please vote and/or tell me what your favourite logo is. Each logo is below with the name of the contributor, if you like one then vote for it!

Bioshadow

post-35657-1145473944_thumb.jpg

Fmxer

post-35657-1145473976_thumb.jpg

Mohsin Naqi

post-35657-1145473988_thumb.jpg

Spex04

post-35657-1145474002_thumb.jpg

Urge

post-35657-1145474355_thumb.jpg

ZiGGA

post-35657-1145474377_thumb.jpg

Latest Submissions

Ok these cant be added to the poll, as I cant edit that but if you like any of the designs below then please vote by repling to the topic with the contributor name.

X@vier The Winner

post-35657-1145518824_thumb.jpg

Fmxer Update

post-35657-1145520365_thumb.jpg

-- LATEST UPDATE --

Even more designs. So many designs now and no more diskspace for this post so Im only going to

link to the orignal topic: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=453181&st=60

Note that I will annouce the winner on both topics. The winner will get $20 for logo or $45 if banner.

Thanks!

Edited by camsoft

I'm going to go with Spex04's header on this one :) I think its the best one here, and to be honest, was a hard choice! Cracking job all! :D

Bioshadow, Spex04, or ZiGGa's. I like how clean cut they are. Personally, I like the first two I said a tad better then zigga's, but I still think they are all very clean, and they go with the rest of the site. I think that the other ones don't look as clean, they look like they're using common themes with a slight twist, like all the glass crap in Aero, or something.

I dont really love any particular one. Eek!

What dont you like about the logos?

I think they are all well designed and clean.

Edited by camsoft

They are indeed all well designed. Its just that I dont love one particular one.

First two are too washed out, not bold enough.

Third one is a bit messy, and the <div> is slightly random.

Fourth, the text seems slightly too big, seems a bit disjointed, having the three different text colours, gradients in some bits, different character spacing, different borders and some drop shadow, and still looks like curry corners.

Fifth, this is ok. But the little cuved accents look quite cheap.

Sixth, this is probably the most finished looking logo. Its still not prefable to me, because the text does look somwhat quirky, and im not sure whether this is a good style for your web page.

As a general hint for all the designs, lay easy on the green! The design is already choca-block with green, there needs to be some contrast to draw your eyes to a certain areas, and it looks like the eye is immediately drawn to the surrounding area which completely consumes the green logos, the first two inparticular, because the background is a stronger green than the logo themselfs!

Anyway this is totally my opinion, and well done to all the designers, you've created some nice clean logos, but theres always room for improvement!

Good luck!

Wasnt expecting you to "end" this contest so soon, i was going to improve my logo.

DG55 the site itself is kinda washed out, i have a bold version of my logo and it looks weird when placed in the site.

They are indeed all well designed. Its just that I dont love one particular one.

First two are too washed out, not bold enough.

Third one is a bit messy, and the <div> is slightly random.

Fourth, the text seems slightly too big, seems a bit disjointed, having the three different text colours, gradients in some bits, different character spacing, different borders and some drop shadow, and still looks like curry corners.

Fifth, this is ok. But the little cuved accents look quite cheap.

Sixth, this is probably the most finished looking logo. Its still not prefable to me, because the text does look somwhat quirky, and im not sure whether this is a good style for your web page.

As a general hint for all the designs, lay easy on the green! The design is already choca-block with green, there needs to be some contrast to draw your eyes to a certain areas, and it looks like the eye is immediately drawn to the surrounding area which completely consumes the green logos, the first two inparticular, because the background is a stronger green than the logo themselfs!

Anyway this is totally my opinion, and well done to all the designers, you've created some nice clean logos, but theres always room for improvement!

Good luck!

Thanks for your comments. Them seem quite valid.

Wasnt expecting you to "end" this contest so soon, i was going to improve my logo.

DG55 the site itself is kinda washed out, i have a bold version of my logo and it looks weird when placed in the site.

The contest actually has not ended yet. I just need to pick a design and then we could tweak it. I dont think its fair getting everyone to tweak their design only for me to say no thanks, as I can only pick one.

For anyone reading this I am still acepting new logo designs, so keep them coming. Any ones that I like will get added to this poll!

Note: Just to let people know the actual website the logo will be on gets 40K-100K hits each month. So far this month the site has atracted 1334 Unique Visitors and 72,000 hits, so it will get seen!

Didn't you say this contest is open till the end of the week or will this be the final decision? I had ideas and improvements to make danggg

edit: just realised you said we can still submit logos, if that's the case then no problem. Let me do that.

Edited by ZiGGA

this is toughest poll i ever voted on. so much talented ppl in the poll, i was tored between bioshadow and mohsin, finally gave my vote to mohsin.

Its so nice to see the thread started is really serious about this and hope all ends well too and the winner gets his due money. keep this good thing going on.

Goodluck to everyone in contest.

fmxer has updated his design.

post-35657-1145520365_thumb.jpg

this is toughest poll i ever voted on. so much talented ppl in the poll, i was tored between bioshadow and mohsin, finally gave my vote to mohsin.

Its so nice to see the thread started is really serious about this and hope all ends well too and the winner gets his due money. keep this good thing going on.

Goodluck to everyone in contest.

I would have to agree. These designs are fab. This is why I started the Poll as I could not decide which ones i liked the most as I lot all of them!

Good work guys.

X@viers :)

Same vote here.

thnx guys :blush:

but i do find it that i have a little of a disadvantage because my name is not on the poll :( and for that same reason i give myself a vote :rofl: :laugh:

anyways, let the best man (desing) win!!!! :D

gr8 work every1!!!

X@vier

X@viers , sorry about not being on the poll, I did not realise that I would not be able to edit the poll.

The poll will not decide who the winner is, its just a guide. I could still choose the least popular design as the winner.

I?m still very undecided, as I like most of them!

X@viers , sorry about not being on the poll, I did not realise that I would not be able to edit the poll.

The poll will not decide who the winner is, its just a guide. I could still choose the least popular design as the winner.

I?m still very undecided, as I like most of them!

bro no prob but it is unfare on my part:(:(

Anyways, u have the last say and I'm sure u'll make the right decision, and the one that fits ur needs best:):)

Thnx to everyone that has taken the time to vote (reply) for my design.:blush:h:

and i vote for myself again:rofl:l:

X@vier