Logo Request

Question

Hi all.

I'm building a new site, aimed at code requests - think NeoRequest, for code, and I need a logo for it. You might have seen my last attempts at logos for other people...and they were naff =P

Anyway, I'm offering $30 to whoever makes the nicest looking logo.

Specifications

Dimensions: 300x100 px

Colours: The site is going to be whites/light greys with blue highlights, so that sort of colour scheme please.

Must be nice and instantly recognisable.

Text: "Code This", "Code This.net", "Code-This", etc. - the site is code-this.net, so must fit in with that (Not much there yet, I said building =P)

Needs to look slick and modern...clean, that's a better word. That kind of thing.

Ideally, not a button background, just something which can go on the site and look neat and tidy.

If you can think of a good little sort of logo to put with it, that would be great, but if you can get just the text looking sweet, that would also be good.

If you have any other questions, feel free to post.

Many thanks to everyone who enters.

Joe

Edit: If you can also include a favicon, that'd be great =) Not required though.

Edits:

Thought: Try to include some reference to coding in it please. bob had a good one, with C#, but for example in PHP, variables are denoted by a $, maybe use $Code-This.net or something. Iunno.

Tagline might be nice if there is space to make it readable, and look nice, though it's not a requirement. If you can think up something snappy related to code requests, I'll comment on it. Overnight, I'll try and think of one or two myself.

I'm just using Jhae's logo temporarily while I'm building the site, got his permission, and I haven't chosen a winner yet, so don't worry =)

Edited by JoeC

I'll give it a go ;)

This is quick, but is this anything near to the kind of thing you're looking for?

1075f8m.png

Edited by Crud

I look forward to seeing it, Crud, should be good if your last job was anything to go by.

bob, that looks quite nice, though I don't like the overlaid code, it obscures the text too much. Favicon is very hawt, and choice of colours is good.

Bleh...you edited your post Crud. Can't double post...well, I can, but I won't =P

It's nice, but I'd rather you didn't put it on a button background, and it's a tad too plain I think =P

Edited by JoeC

Here is a version without the code (just for an example)

Do you want it without a background, or would you want something else for a background, or what?

post-108441-1148168418.png

I'm liking that quite a bit, bob. The text itself is hawt, just the reflection is a bit strong, as is the shadowy thing. Also, the fact that "code" looks the same both ways up doesn't help =P Maybe fade it out a bit?

For that one, I think w/o a background looks best, but if you can make a background go with it, I'm happy with that, but it needs to blend nicely into the site.

Crud, I think you mustn't have seen my edited post above:

Bleh...you edited your post Crud. Can't double post...well, I can, but I won't =P

It's nice, but I'd rather you didn't put it on a button background, and it's a tad too plain I think =P

Im not much of a gfx person but these logo threads are good for me to learn in :)

Ideas for improvement? (besides scrapping it? :p)

post-122333-1148169483.jpg

Hmph, I can make a mess if you like?

1076juq.png

Actually how I've rushed that, it just disrespects my good name to post it :p

Meh I'll do something tomorrow if this is still going ;)

fallen, I really like that second one, with the two lines, but could you develop it a bit and maybe expand on that kind of idea, that could look nice IMO.

Crud, I think the stroke is a bit too large, and the reflection isn't that well-done, it's not much lighter than the text. Not so struck on that one atm, sorry.

*Gasp!* Two more posts while I was typing...dang =P

azz - scrap it. Naw, I'm kidding. It looks a bit too ... busy I suppose is the closest word I'll get. There's a lot going on behind the text, and the border only covers 3 sides.

Crud, the last one there is nice, but I agree that it's a mess ;) It's not a very bad idea, just the code overlayed and whatnot makes it look messy.

not really sure where i'm going with this. just a quicky before i leave. i'll put some more thought in to it later. perhaps you have an idea of what kind of an image your looking for?

post-81645-1148170134_thumb.jpg

Krapzorz, they're coming too fast! I can't post comments quickly enough =P The following list is starting at the top of the page, and working down.

azz - Huge improvement. Still not quite there, and the text isn't very good, but the background is ten times better than the last one. I'm still more inclined to "open" logos, rather than buttonised ones though.

bob - VERY nice idea, I like the little #, ties into the coding side well, with C#. Not so keen on the font itself, but that C# is definitely a thumbs-up.

fallen - I liked it better with just the horizontal lines, if you could stylize them a bit, ah...imagine a bridge, top-down. Little shadows on the outside, that kinda thing. Hard to explain

Crud - It's nice for a buttonised logo, but I don't like them =P Like I said before, I'd prefer it to look at least partly connected to the page itself, rather than being entirely seperated from it in a button.

azz - Still, not keen on the pixel font. The other one isn't bad though.

Jhae - That's a funky C! Although I'm not so keen on it, I saw a boomerang and "odeThis" first time I looked at it =P Tagline isn't bad, but possibly something a little more oriented towards code requests perhaps? I'll try to think of one tonight.

Crud - See above, still not keen on the button =/ Sorry

Crud - It's quite alright, gives my topic an extra post and a bump ;)

azz - Still as above, although I prefer the other one over this.

Whew. Finally =P