New iPod U2 Edition

Apple have released an updated U2 edition of the iPod Video

The new iPod U2 Special Edition. As distinctive as the band it salutes. Red Click Wheel. Black metal back engraved with the band?s signatures. 30GB (1) of storage with room for 7,500 songs, up to 25,000 photos and up to 75 hours of video for just ?239 (UK) / ?359 (Ireland) including VAT.

Original of The Species

Like no other, iPod U2 Special Edition stands out. Jet black, it bears a prominent red Apple Click Wheel, a full-colour display and, on the flip side, the autographs of each U2 band member on striking black metal. Thanks to this unique partnership between U2 and Apple, U2 fans can finally find what they?re looking for.

Even Better Than the Real Thing

The iPod U2 Special Edition also comes with an exclusive iTunes Music Store coupon you can redeem for a 30-minute video of music videos and band interviews (2). Think of it as your virtual backstage pass.

iPod U2

Deja vu anyone?

Anyway, it's a nice design (blod, anyway). I might buy it, but I'm not much of a U2 fan.

I hate U2, but I think the design is alright not good enough to make me want to buy it over the other ones though.

U2 remains my favorite band despite all this marketing bs and new crappy albums by them because of their older albums like Under A Blood Red Sky and and The Joshua Tree.

I wouldn't buy any product endorsed by any band though. How does that enhance my music experience? Especially since I have all their older (better) albums, it doesn't..

I love U2, one of the most prolific and poignant bands of today.

I couldn't tell from the site, any idea if they are still offering the $50 off coupon for the U2 collection or not?

Even Better Than the Real Thing

The iPod U2 Special Edition also comes with an exclusive iTunes Music Store coupon you can redeem for a 30-minute video of music videos and band interviews.(2) Think of it as your virtual backstage pass.

That's all, Wolvereen.

There isnt much point to this ipod cos if u wanna a black ipod u get the video or nano in black so only die hard u2 fans and people who like red click wheels will buy this,which isnt a lot of people.

I don't about apple but I didn't see any U2 iPod's selling like mad so why are they wasting their time with this crap? I am sure they would make more money if they chose Pink Floyd, AC/DC, or any of the more prominent bands. (Not saying I like those bands but just suggesting.)

oh man c'mon! Care to have imagination with an another band than u2?

My thoughts exactly. Also, I do not even notice a difference between the previous model and this one. :huh:

There isnt much point to this ipod cos if u wanna a black ipod u get the video or nano in black so only die hard u2 fans and people who like red click wheels will buy this,which isnt a lot of people.

Do you have any idea how many U2 fans there are?

I like the Black/Red design, as it's different than any other iPod out there. If this was a nano, I'd buy it today.

Love iPod. Love U2. Bono's Great. RED Product based iPod would have been nice too ..

Just makes me think, should I buy my video iPod now or should wait till august ?

Why would apple release an iPod at this time, when a new iPod would be appropriate in three months time ?

Cheers .. K

I think they're ugly :blink:

My friend has the older 20 gig U2 ver Ipod.

Iono, i think he honestly thinks it's worth more becuase of the mass produced machine engraved copy of the band member's signatures on the back.

Although it is 'limited' mass produced supply. lol

The only reason i would have got one is because they were black, but with the release of the black nano/video...No real point to get one for me atleast. Not a massive fan of U2 anyway, maybe if Apple started doing this with other artists i might jump onboard.