ad blocker recommendation

Any ad blocker recommendations? Doesn't have to be free. I tried Ad-Muncher but it used to use a lot of bandwidth sometimes. Any others that don't use internet bandwidth?

If you're using Firefox, the Adblock extension will be your best friend.

If you are using IE, you can modify your HOSTS file to "block" known ad websites.

If you're using Opera, the newest version has an ad blocker, but I don't know the details.

Any ad blocker recommendations? Doesn't have to be free. I tried <snip> but it used to use a lot of bandwidth sometimes. Any others that don't use internet bandwidth?

Try <snip>. It's better.

Edited by John S.

<snip> : Long live Late Scott Lemon!!

(Y) still the best after all these years. Though Ad-Muncher is pretty close, just wish it was cheaper.

I am currently using <snip> and it is good.I havent tried <snip> yet.

But i will try it soon to see how it will compete aganist <snip>.

Edited by John S.

• 3 weeks later...

<snip> on Firefox - it's slightly easier to use than the standard <snip>. For example, it's much easier to allow ads on certain sites. It also allows you to subscribe to filters.

Edited by John S.

With the HOSTS file, is there a way to not leave huge white blocks everywhere? Or same thing, but with the built-in Opera content blocker?

Edited by Napalm Frog

• 2 weeks later...

<snip> very low memory usuage you wont even know its there.. removes all types of ads i encountered for the last few years.

Simply the best

Edited by John S.