How do I remove Nero Search on Taskbar?

Question

14 answers to this question

You can also go into the Nero Serach options and uncheck the 3 boxes which acivate the program from starting up and running in the taskbar.

Disable Nero Search:

Run this command:

Cmd.exe /c regsvr32 /u /s "%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroSearch.dll" && regsvr32 /u /s "%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroSearchBar.dll" && regsvr32 /u /s "%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroSearchTray.dll"

Or use the attached shortcut. :)

DisableNeroSearch.zip

Further question along these lines...

This disables the taskbar from appearing (which is great.)

Now... how can you remove it completely??? or can you?

When I right-click on the taskbar and move up to Toolbars it still appears in the list.

Can it be removed from the system completely and if not can it at least be unregistered so it does not appear in the taskbar->toolbar list like this?

That would be even better.

Thanx

I don't have Nero installed right now, just did a fresh format. But somewhere in Nero you get the option to disable Nero Scout. Disable that and all the stuff remains on your system, but it's not actually doing anything or wasting resources unless you re-enable it.

I don't see any real use for Nero Scout. Nero really did get too bulky. They need to add the option in the install process for Nero Scout. Even though you can turn it all off, there's no reason to have those files for it wasting space. Not that much space, but still.

Disable Nero Search:

Run this command:

Cmd.exe /c regsvr32 /u /s "%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroSearch.dll" && regsvr32 /u /s "%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroSearchBar.dll" && regsvr32 /u /s "%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NeroSearchTray.dll"

Or use the attached shortcut. :)

Just perfect...when all had no answers you came thru with the main one to prove them all wrong...

Search finally ended...

Thank you