[cursors] Windows Aero (Vista RTM)

The first cursor scheme (Windows Aero) is the original cursor scheme from Windows Vista RTM (Build 6000).

I've added cross & text cursors (they don't exist in Vista) + cursor scheme installation files.

@ request: Black, Gold, Shadow & Tailless schemes. :)

Install: Extract the zip files, right click on the inf files and select Install.

The cursors are copied to the default cursor directory and the Cursor Scheme is generated automatically.

Open Mouse Properties (Control Panel), select the Pointers tab, select one of the Schemes and click on Apply.

Click on the Picture to Download.

? ? WinAero.jpg ? ? ?? ? ? WinAeroS.jpg

? ? AeroBlack.jpg ? ? ?? ? ? AeroBlackS.jpg

? ? AeroGold.jpg ? ? ?? ? ? AeroGoldS.jpg

? ? AeroTailless.jpg? ? ? ? ? ? AeroTaillessS.jpg

Edited by Herby

is this allowed?

I don't know, that's a good question, but I would be guessing no.

But then again, Build 5536 is technically public release, so maybe it's ok.

Either your download is corrupted or your archive extractor is on crack. It works fine for me. Try re-downloading to another directory.

And thanks, Herby. :)

Either your download is corrupted or your archive extractor is on crack. It works fine for me. Try re-downloading to another directory.

And thanks, Herby. :)

I still get a 146k file that supposed to be 177k...

I predict, this thread will close in about 30 seconds.
Why? :rolleyes: The cursors from an older build have been posted before without issue.

Herby, check the regular-sized "Working In Background" cursor for Windows Aero Shadowed. The halo hiccups as it spins.

I still get a 146k file that supposed to be 177k...
Dude, make sure you're downloading the cursors you want. There are two .zips posted; one is 146k and the other is 177k. Nothing is wrong with them; one version is shadowed the other is not.

Cant'open the file, it's saying "file corrupted can not open archive".

edit: I get a 146k file...

Try right click -> Save Target As... & extract with WinRar.

Herby, check the regular-sized "Working In Background" cursor for Windows Aero Shadowed. The halo hiccups as it spins.

Working on it,.. :)

Great set. However, for the shadowed cursors, they don't look as sharp as your previous set (forgot where the thread was, but the file was called "AeroShadow2.zip") - in particular, the working background and busy halos. The shadows, in particular, don't have as much contrast compared to the Aero Shadow 2 cursors.

See the screenshot (bottom cursor is this set):

post-99705-1156891714.jpg