Windows Media Player 11 Beta 2

Currently, it is not possible to sync album art from Windows Media Player 11 to the following devices:

SanDisk Sansa e200 Series MP3 Players

man that sucks.

I've also made the post over here: https://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&a...&cid=485296 before this post was made... But it doesn't matter as long as someone put here :)

But there is still one bug in windows media player 11 beta 2 that hasn't been fixed yet...

When your playing a video right click the screen and go to Video Size.. u'll noticed that "Fit Video To Player on resize" is checked off... you'll need to uncheck that and recheck it to correct the video size..

Yup thanks for the heads up...

Just downloaded and attempted install and have run into a problem tho...

After validation, and accepting the agreement I get the following error message:

On line install required: A required component is not available for download during windows mediaplayer setup. Please connect to the internet and run setup again.

But, I am connected to the internet?

EDIT:

Extracted files thn ran the wmp11.exe then rebooted, and all ok now!

Looks very nice gotta say!

CeNo.

Edited by CeNoEviL

Great update but there is one problem for me. All my chinese songs which are encoded in uhh Unicode doesn't work anymore. Now it just says that "WMP cannot play this file..." Back to foobar for playing those chinese songs. -.-

edit: nvm only some doesn't work... i think it is my tags :s

Edited by vrif

Still Beta for 2003 server, alltho it is supposed to be supported in the Final build. anyone had any luck installing on Windows Server 2003?

Did you try to extract the .exe file into a folder and run the wmp11.exe... Then reboot.. Then go back into that folder and run wmfdist11.exe? that should work...

Is it ok to install ontop or should I uninstall the old one first? Will I lose my tags on my mp3's and album art if I uninstall?

i've installed over top of the beta1 and didn't have any problems... all of the album art if store in the same folder as your mp3s... An once you start beta 2 up most of your mp3s should reload into the library...