Build 5734 Released to Testers

when will be the next big release?

or maybe the next buid?

There probably won't be anymore "big" releases. TAP testers will continue to get updates, but most likely technicial beta testers will be left with 5728 until it RTMs. Vista should be finialized on or before October 25th, so 5728 will probably be the last build released to technicical beta testers and to the public.

There probably won't be anymore "big" releases. TAP testers will continue to get updates, but most likely technicial beta testers will be left with 5728 until it RTMs. Vista should be finialized on or before October 25th, so 5728 will probably be the last build released to technicical beta testers and to the public.

I'm sorry Hurmoth you are wrong about us being stuck with 5728.

I'm sorry Hurmoth you are wrong about us being stuck with 5728.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know this? It's less than a month from RTMing, why would we get another build? TAP testers are the real beta testers, they'll get more builds, but I don't see why we would.

Just out of curiosity, how do you know this? It's less than a month from RTMing, why would we get another build? TAP testers are the real beta testers, they'll get more builds, but I don't see why we would.

Read the newsgroups.

I will wait a little before there's a stable build and can't wait to test it in Boot Camp :p

All I wanna know is will it play games better? I know nobody has an answer on this, but still. I want the question answered asap by microsoft... I mean, all I will do on Windows is play games and some of my work with office 2007. Otherwise, I never use Windows.

I will wait a little before there's a stable build and can't wait to test it in Boot Camp :p

All I wanna know is will it play games better? I know nobody has an answer on this, but still. I want the question answered asap by microsoft... I mean, all I will do on Windows is play games and some of my work with office 2007. Otherwise, I never use Windows.

I am going to hazard a guess that current games will run at roughly the same speed. Although the OS does more in the background etc. (therefore consuming resources), there are a lot of optimizations throughout (therefore relieving resources), and it's nice that the UI is graphics powered (relieves CPU usage, and the OS gives the video memory back if it's needed (games etc.)).

Also, Vista means DX10, which means it can play the next generation of games with detail that will not be seen in XP. Therefore, the next generation of games (as long as the system have suitable hardware) should perform better in Vista than XP.

Read the newsgroups.

Yep.