Vista RC2 released

I think Paul publishes some reasonably accurate information. I hope this "RC2" or whatever Microsoft calls it is actually worth the "RC" label this time.

Interesting news ... well my laptop is ready for a reinstall :yes:

Ditto!

:yes:

Wonder if i'll be one of the random CPP people.

Haven't been able to install Vista on my real computer at the moment (burnt disk does nothing), but i have installed it in VMWare, it runs very nicely (apart from the BSOD's with VMWare's USB handling)

Thanks for posting. Great news! (prays for new nvidia drivers!)

No probs! Okies if you pray for new nvidia drivers, I'll pray there's some evidence of UI fit and finish work (to try and swing the mood round from :angry: to :D).

Hmm... actually there's so many wants, we could compile a "RC2 wish list", a "RTM wish list".. heck.. we could start one for Vienna too! :|

I hope there will be finally an official creative audigy 2 driver that is compatible

What do you mean by this? Does your audigy 2 card not work in Vista? I have one (just regular version, not platinum or anything) and its ok for me.

I hope there will be finally an official creative audigy 2 driver that is compatible

i'm hoping for new drivers from creative too (at least sometime soon). i had a dozen problems with the audio on 5728 using the beta drivers from creative (i have an audigy 2 zs gamer). other than that, everything seemed to work reasonably well in 5728.

I think it could use a RC2 and possibly a third release candidate before I'd put any money down on it. Well we'll see what Friday brings. Let's hope Microsoft knows what theyre doing on this one.

could RC2 feature some secrets and new things?

Highly unlikely. They don't have enough time, and if that article is true in that they really do have 1400 bugs remaining (that they know of), the programmers have enough on their hands.

God I hope they changed the maximized windows behavior..that crap is gonna be hell for epileptics :p

Highly unlikely. They don't have enough time, and if that article is true in that they really do have 1400 bugs remaining (that they know of), the programmers have enough on their hands.

God I hope they changed the maximized windows behavior..that crap is gonna be hell for epileptics :p

I really don't understand this obsession with fact it goes black. I mean, this is ignoring the fact your comment made absolutely no sense whatsoever ....

They should add an option to turn it off, but it exists for very good and sensible reasons. If you've maximised a windows, why would you want whatever is behind it to distract you?