Request for Logo for an upcoming Linux Distro

Question

Hi,

I am in the process of creating a new Linux Distribution known as Zibzoo Linux, i'm just adding a few finishing touches to it. it's got a nice sharp looking GUI and plenty of software for every purpose and lots of stunning vista like wallpaper (not the one included in the pics below, thats just an example one with logos).

I'm just in the final stages of creating some attractive logo's, picking the most suitable and attractive icon's and creating a boot screen.

Heres a few examples of various logo's i've created so far...but i know someone out there will be able to do a much better and more professional job.

If you have an examples please feel free to post. if i see one that takes my eye, i'll try to make it worth your while in the best way i can.

The minimum i'd offer is a copy of the final version sent through the post as a liveCD so you can use all the software etc without installing it to your computer but i'll also include the option on the desktop to install to hard drive. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to have a go.

post-186470-1162918680.jpgpost-186470-1162918714.jpg

post-186470-1162918727_thumb.jpgpost-186470-1162918753_thumb.jpg

17 answers to this question

Is that a beryl window I see? could be interesting :shiftyninja:

Here's my first concepts:

zibzoo.png

They're all InkScape Vector, by the way.

Any feedback you have is appreciated :)

my try... i know it lacks the "professional touch" but i can make a cleaner one if you like the form :)

by the way are those screenshots real? I liked the dock-like taskbar look.

post-127663-1162939494.jpg

nice work everyone! i like them! i'll announce my favorite in a couple of days.

Yeah them screenshots are real, i've made a few nice little changes aswell, installed firefox 2.0, latest frostwire and i replaced the BitTorrent app with the latest Linux build of uTorrent.

Once the final versions complete i'll upload some screenshots, download links etc.

Thanks for taking the time to create some logos,

Andy

*EDIT. Screenshots are real except for the bootscreen. That's concept art for the minute but boot screen should look similar once finished.*

Edited by Andz07

I'll throw in a couple as I had a spare half hour tonight...

Zibzoo2.jpg

Zibzoo3.jpg

Zibzoo4.jpg

...the Z is created out of lines, not from a standard font, then cut from the circle, so it would be transparent if you want it to be.

another good one :) couldnt say a bad word about any of the logo's, there all good :)...

what i mite do if you like, i'll upload some screenshots of Zibzoo Linux with the different logo's to see what it looks like and to let you all have a look.

Stay Tuned Folks and thanks again.

Yeah, there ace.

I'll try to upload some more screenshots a little later.

I've created a 2nd LiveCD and changed a few bits and added some new themes and software etc. and it's got a new bootscreen,

i'll take a screenshot using VMWare of the bootscreen but so far so good.

I've been experimenting with Linux for a few years now but my inspiration to create a new and hopefully original distro

came from looking at a magazine article. It showed a picture of the person who created Mandrake (now Mandriva) Linux.

He had a decent computer and an old scanner and a few other bits in his office but nothing spectacular and with a bit of

devotion and hard work it took off and it's now one of the most popular distro's available :)

theres some nice new additions to the collection of logo's here :D

I've just started work on the website, it's an early version and at the minute it's just using a template from freewebs but it still looks ok.

Once i'm finished work on Zibzoo Linux i'll begin creating an attractive website using dreamweaver 8. I've created on already but it needs a lot of work doing to it etc before being published to the web.

So i thought an already complete template would be the short term answer.

The Website address is http://www.freewebs.com/zibzoolinux

And with your permission i'll upload these logo's which you have created onto the new website because i think they deserve alot of credit. I could even put a rating next to them if you'd like to see what people think about your design.

Just to let you all know chances are i won't be posting anything for the next few days. I'm posting from work at the minute but my processor (an AMD Athlon 64 3000+) has just decided to explode!! Had all the proper cooling equipment etc. but i think the processor or fan's been faulty for a while but it finally decided to die yesterday... mind u i Resuscitated it by taking out the bios n changing a few bits but the fans making the same noise so after i checked to see if the hard drives were working ok n they work fine.

I just switched it off and the good news is i havent lost all my files from zibzoo linux but even if i did, i've got a backup so i wouldnt have had too much trouble adjusting some stuff.

Even if the problems fixable, it's a good excuse to buy that Core 2 Duo E6600 Processor i've had my eye on ;)

Hi again all, all my computer problems have been resolved and i've also got a whole new Core 2 Duo system :D

From what i've experienced with it, it won't be too long till computers take over the world and turn Terminator on us. :devil: lol

Good News!! Zibzoo Linux is back on track and ahead of schedule. I've got a final logo design and it looks nice and sharp and i've finalised the packaging and it looks fantastic. I will upload the packaging and final logo's tonight along with some final wallpapers which will be included on the DVD.

I'd say the final version should be released within the next few weeks (don't worry i'm not going to do a microsoft and keep everyone waiting for the next 5 years)

If you would like copy sent through the post once complete please feel free to email me. The address is zibzoolinux@googlemail.com I'll also make the file available for download possibly through BitTorrent. Stay Tuned Folks.

post-186470-1163601162.jpg

Hi,

It's been a while since i last updated this forum and i've been very busy working on Zibzoo Live Spin (I think i mentioned before that the name has been changed) it's coming along very well indeed, my first attempts looking back were very very amaturish to say the least but i've came though that and it's looking very sharp (if i do say so myself).

I'm in the proccess of finallizing and making sure that it'll work with as much hardware as possible, so far it's worked perfectly on all the systems i've tested it on.

I'm also about to attempt to make a deal to try and get Cedega and CrossOver Office included in a payed version, i've installed crossover office on one of my copies of Zibzoo and i've managed to get Microsoft Office 2007, Internet Explorer 6 and Windows Live Messenger working correctly, it took a little bit of tweaking but it wasnt too painful.

I'm impressed with aMSN Messenger, it looks good with the right theme ;) and loads of very fast (and doesnt do that annoying occasionnal disconnecting like on MSN or WLM), hasn't got any ads, you can view webcam, send webcam, send nudges and you can even send and recieve animated emotions from people using MSN Messenger 7+ or Windows Live Messenger

Anywayz, i've got some new screenshots up on my old site, it's just a temporary site to host my pictures and updates, the final design for the website will be my own, not a template and i will upload the site once i've finalised Zibzoo Live Spin, Zibzoo Portable Desktop etc.

http://www.freewebs.com/zibzoolinux

Also if anyone is keen on playing a part in the development of Zibzoo please let me know,

Thanks to all who have sent in your idea's and suggestions, I believe that you scratch my back and i'll scratch your's, so if you would like a free copy once it's complete (or an almost complete version if u want it asap) please email me at zibzoolinux@gmail.com

Thanks.