my wii is defective,

anybody here upgrade the firmware?

does your games still work?

my games stopped working after i updated the firmware.. the discs to play games on aren't detected.

Oh dale!

Just go back to the store and exchange it!

Rofl, if you're not being sarcastic, I don't know what do think.

Btw, did the upgrades (2 of them total, they both took too damn long :p) on my friend's Wii & stuff worked fine afterwards.

anybody here upgrade the firmware?

does your games still work?

my games stopped working after i updated the firmware.. the discs to play games on aren't detected.

Upgraded my firmware and all works fantastic.

ok, i figured that could have been the problem. the store is sold out, they promised me i get first dibs on the next wii shipment.

i put in the wii sports/gamecube discs, it loads, then said the disc cannot be recognized.

heh, Nintendo's phone line was off the hook, they pretty much said, call back later when they are not busy because they are too busy to even put me in a line up for a phone call..

How many updates did you wait through? I went through one, and it wanted me to update it again so I did.. I never tried to play a game between the updates, so you could just need to update it again

there are no more updates, i'm not even sure if that is the cause of the error.. i just got the disc can not read error (second picture).

i'll call up NOA later tonight and see if they can do something.. the store i bought the wii from is co-operating with me fully..

EDIT: Thanks for the link :)

well, there was new firmware out so.. i decided, i guess it wouldn't hurt to download.

i really don't think the firmware is the reason for the problem, it just happened 'after' i downloaded the firmware.

because if that was the reason, many many many many other people would be in the same boat as me.

I don't believe the Wii owners had a chance. I think to use some online features they had to download the update.

but the thing is, can one play a game right out of the box and not need to update? because I'll just wait on Nintendo when they fix the firmware update.

on subject of defective wiis has anyone with one specially if they have the black one could confirm that they screw up or dont operate properly when they are in direct sunlight for period of time ?