[REL] Longhorn Beta 1

(Port of VistaXP 4074 for Windowblinds) Original Theme Download - Deviant Art

Based off of what I think was one of the best beta UIs of Windows Longhorn, with a few of my own additions. This theme is virtually identical to the theme that was used in Beta 1, except with a few minor differences. Firstly, the taskbar is true glass, meaning it's not dark shaded, or some cloudy 4074 glass task bar. As far as I know it's functional to the point where it can be used on a day to day basis. Personally I've used this theme since I created and haven't gone back since. There is no shellstyle.dll created with this release, mainly because I felt I couldn't improve on the current shell style that is in place. Also, DWM is largely unmodified, except for one minor detail, the close button is no longer red when the window is active, as I felt that it was a huge blemish on an already picture perfect Aero Glass. One last thing, I really hope you enjoy this release, I've spent about a week on it, not as long as other themers, but this is simply a mod of the Windows Aero theme.

Download - Deviant Art

themepreviewkp7.jpg

Edited by -Hiroshi-

Interesting, but it didn't work when I tried it ... yes, I replaces all 3 of the files that now need to be replaces :blink: :unsure:

Strange.. did you replace them in Safe mode? Because for me it constantly replaced the files when I wasnt in safe mode.

maybe that's what it was, i didn't do it in safe mode ...i took ownership and replaced all the files.

i'll try this again later.

Same here, including safe mode.

"Aero style" shows up when I open it, but I still get Basic (I can't run Aero - perhaps that's the problem?). :wacko:

[edit] Wait a minute, scratch that. My start menu button seems to have changed, but the rest of the theme is still Basic. :laugh:

[edit2] Also, parts of explorer seemed to have changed. This is amusing. :laugh:

Edited by Tomi

^^ Yeah, you gotta be able to run Aero for this to work, I'd assume.

It does indeed work in Safe Mode. Thanks for the heads up.

To be completely honest, this is the one I am really looking forward to though,

indexzo1.th.jpg

It's a copy of Longhorn's 4074 look will be coming to Vista. It's being worked on at Aeroxp.org Forums..should be out around Christmas.

I like the min/max/close buttons better on this one :yes:

xxdesmus: could you do me a favor and post on that forum asking them to test out double taskbar? Vista automatically centers the orb for Aero and does the exact same thing for the modified start button, so maybe they could find the option to disable that, otherwise, the theme doesn't look that good.

xxdesmus: could you do me a favor and post on that forum asking them to test out double taskbar? Vista automatically centers the orb for Aero and does the exact same thing for the modified start button, so maybe they could find the option to disable that, otherwise, the theme doesn't look that good.

PM me a screen of what you're talking about (just to make it a bit more obvious) and I will try and get it to the people who are working on this theme. :cool:

Damn, you made me put the theme back on just to show you, heh. It's centered/ugly to me, but it could just be me. I think it's really designed for the Aero orb to be centered, but I guess I'm not used to it doing that, since I used some themes like this in XP a while back.

:: D'oh! You said PM. Too late :/ Sorry to hijack the thread.

post-19111-1166416302.jpg

^^ Yeah, you gotta be able to run Aero for this to work, I'd assume.

Ahh, that sucks. :(

Someone needs to make a theme that works well on non-Aero compatible computers. Basic makes me want to go back to XP. :pinch:

You do get a differant start button and a SLIGHTLY differant taskbar, but to fully enjoy it, you would need an aero capable computer. Im working on fiddling with the non-aero interface right now...shouldn't be too difficult once I figure out the locations of everything.

• 2 weeks later...
You do get a differant start button and a SLIGHTLY differant taskbar, but to fully enjoy it, you would need an aero capable computer. Im working on fiddling with the non-aero interface right now...shouldn't be too difficult once I figure out the locations of everything.

Awesome. (Y)

I cant even get it to replace my files! i used the x64 patch from http://anti-tgtsoft.com/ i tred replacing in safe mode, it seems that the files are alreday being aceessed! Any one know how to solve??? i am using Vista Buisness RTM with Aero enabled!

Right click the files, choose properties.

Click the security tab, then click advance. Click the Owner tab. Click Edit highlight your name and click Ok, it'll give you a prompt.

Click ok untill you get back the the original security tab in the file properties.

Highlight your name and click edit, in the new window, highlight your name and then click full control in the lower box, click ok.

Do this for all the files and you wont get an "access denied' error.

Is there ANY uxtheme for Dutch versions of Vista yet?

The patch by Rafael should be compatible with other languages too, but Im not totally sure but it SHOULD work.