The PRE game fun...

http://www.neovenusconstruction.com/loki/

Try'd messing with this funny neovenus site, and the above gives a valid page,

simply has

yes just off centre over there in the middle of the page.

Now tell me it's got nothing to do with this game ?? loki = 111, anyone any ideas ??

Off course this could be a completly different game ? As could the vanishingpoint.com and associated odd sites. There looks to be more here than we think, indeed it could be there are many paths to the answer we seek.

Oh and those log in pages there anyone care to try them out see if you can get in to something else ?

http://www.neovenusconstruction.com/vanishingpoint/

sets up an unfinished page as of now, with ERROR but frames and button bars - unlkie any other of its pages

EDIT :

The buttons work , 1st one gives 111

I am not convined even wiith this oddness and the braile message that this is the same game but its very interesting and good stuff like most links, not sure why unFiction have followed to this page but the loki think is weird, but 111 is not doing much for me in anyplace at all. May be other clues around the site, it needs checking out who is behing it.

Maybe this is where the 111 comes from.

Tourbit has already launched 10 flights to EDN delivering the supplies and machinery necessary for establishing a colony on its surface. The 11th flight is planned for early next year and will deliver the final and most important element to EDN, the human element. A crew made up of both NeoVenus Construction and Tourbit researchers, as well as a small contingent of experts carefully selected from the private sector, will make up the crew of 111 lucky pioneers trailblazing the new Frontier Project.

This event, being held in San Francisco on January 11, 2007, from 8:00pm to 12:00am, will commemorate the upcoming launch of the first human crew to set foot on E.D.N. The launch event itself is currently scheduled for the end of January 2007.

January 11, 2007, 1/11 111....

looking around the site, it looks to be something different than vanishingpointgame. Both sites were created in Oct 06. They are owned by capcom.

Edited by ddauber

http://www.neovenusconstruction.com/loki/

Now tell me it's got nothing to do with this game ?? loki = 111, anyone any ideas ??

Okay, I'll tell ya, It's a use of relative asset pointers so the pointers break in the nonexistent directories.

Which means that if you put an invalid directory, you will get the same error message

Just like if i try http://www.neovenusconstruction.com/neowins.html

Thanks NOL4 - I like the site - but don't think it has anything to do with us, I soon noticed that errors can give that page or simply an error, no reg data (whois) matches and the braile is obviously meant for that sites game - sounds good though but this Vanishing Point is taking up much of my mind time for now so cant waste time on a possible other game.

Back to thinking then !!

guys, this website is Part of an ARG (Neo Venus Construction - NEVEC). I really don't see any connection between it & vanishingpointgame

Haha. Um. These sites are totally fake. There's no contact info or addresses.

http://www.antarcticresearch.net/

That stuff has got to be related to lost planet.

Together, NEVEC and Tourbit have already sent several unmanned launches to a new planet (dubbed E.D.N.), carrying supplies such as food, medical supplies and equipment necessary for the initial phase of regional terraforming.

http://www.tourbitaerospace.com/re.html

Lost Planet

Wayne Holden must struggle to recover his past and the answers to E.D.N. III?s secrets.
Edited by randy_tho

Hmm the antartic page has some writting on its picture -

Can we have vote on these pages --

Are they anything to do with us ? or just another marketing game ?

OK its definatly a MS promo and it looks like they want the Laptops back guys.

http://www.platinax.co.uk/news/28-12-2006/...mo-to-bloggers/

Microsoft sent bloggers a laptop installed with Vista for Christmas - now these bloggers are outraged to find they are being asked to get rid of them.

The ruckus was caused by a marketing promotion partnered by Microsoft and AMD, and managed by PR firm Edelman, which saw prominent bloggers provided with free Acer Ferrari 1000 laptops.

Bloggers sent the 12.1 inch laptop included Scott Beale, Barbara Bowman, Brandon LeBlanc, Mauricio Freitas at Geekzone, Mitch Denny, and others.

They also reported they were sent a note ?from Loki?, which identified the gifts as part of Microsoft?s Vanishing Point Game - a viral marketing campaign intended to promote Microsoft Vista.

However, a comment by Aaron Coldiron, from the Vista development team, stated that these were review copies only, and that these should be returned or given away, rather than kept.

The suggestion was that this was made clear to the bloggers - but the bloggers disagree, and report that no such statement or request came with their gifts.

The result is that a high-flying promotions campaign is fast turning into a public relations disaster.

The bloggers who received the gifts are being perceived to be taking bribes to post positive reviews - something ex-Microsoft employee Robert Scoble also made clear at first.

The bloggers are also angry that they felt improperly informed about the purpose of the gifts, especially that they are now no longer part of a viral marketing campaign, but instead simply ?reviewers? with no brief on disclosure.

The overall effect is that the marketing campaign has backfired quite badly.

Additionally, it has also raised an important case study for marketers on the issue of sending free gifts to bloggers for promotional purposes.

Thoughts !

EDIT:

We have here the names of all who have a laptop - but we do not have this many clues - is someone keeping them to themselves - someone give them a nudge !

Edited by KarlSheldon

you know how she says something about stars in sky and sand on beach well its fromm Bible and God said it to Abraham wen he said that Abraham will have lots of kids refering to Jews and after Abraham got the baby his name changed to Aabraham

Reading through some of the in text links in this page is sad reading, whats a few grand to MS in its Vista campaing, although from the comment of Bob it could be a lot. Anyway anyone who does not wish to keep the Laptop please send it to me - I'll pay the UPS, I realy could od with one been as mine is in the UK and I am in Canada at the moment. Please !

http://news.cnet.co.uk/laptops/0,39029680,49286474,00.htm

Have a look at this it fits in with us here well - A followup to Origarmi - is that where we are !

http://labnol.blogspot.com/2006/12/blogger...-microsoft.html

and this has links to all of those who had a laptop, not sure if we have had all the clues yet so have anyof them got boxes not yet made public.

And why has it all gone so quiet - lets get back on with the game !

Edited by KarlSheldon

Well, they say there's no such thing as bad publicity. That was a brilliant move. I think we may have also just gotten another clue... Now we know everyone who got a laptop. Let's take a look at those names and those blogs.

Nobody we didn't already know about mentions their note from loki. Shall one of us e-mail them or post a comment?

Edited by Accipitridae

comon guys why did we stop solowing the puzzle, everyone is so upsest with gifts they gona give that they frogot about the game every one just keeps on talking what will the gifts be i think we should try soloving the dam puzzle :(

comon guys why did we stop solowing the puzzle, everyone is so upsest with gifts they gona give that they frogot about the game every one just keeps on talking what will the gifts be i think we should try soloving the dam puzzle :(

I think the reason for stopping has got something to do with christmas, new year, and booze. Now, I just cant find the link between the three, maybe you can help? :D

Just give it a few days(up to a week for some i suppose), and most will be back on track.

Did we ever figure out what "THe STaNDaRD" meant?

I am not sure if this has been noticed, but IMO, TH ST ND RD stands for 4TH, 1ST, 2ND and 3RD; maybe this is the order for the PIN code provided:

ORIGINAL: 5813

"DECODED" 3581

If 3581 has not been tried, could someone do that?

I am not sure if this has been noticed, but IMO, TH ST ND RD stands for 4TH, 1ST, 2ND and 3RD; maybe this is the order for the PIN code provided:

ORIGINAL: 5813

"DECODED" 3581

If 3581 has not been tried, could someone do that?

Nice work! that sounds very possible... I'm in Canada so I can't try it, should try Skype I guess

Still getting the same message :( Does it work for anyone else?

I guess it's not too important though, since that puzzle was already solved. Really want to solve the biography and file ones :p