Prizes!

I would like to see some non-english speaking persons to win some prices. Perhaps COINKIDINKY-ly (:D) some guys from Germany :)

Or someone from Italy......... :D

I'm currently going to UWSP, and the next regular season is going to be great, GO PACK!!!

I'll get to see Favre this next season, 40 yard line 12 row!! My dad has season tickets.

Do you live in Green Bay?

I don't right now I actually just moved to Oklahoma January 25th where our main offices are located.

I would like to see some non-english speaking persons to win some prices. Perhaps COINKIDINKY-ly (:D) some guys from Germany :)

Well I'd love to bring something for the Republic of Texas and can speak few languages ...

unless you mean outside the US ...

There is no such list yet. Due a snafu from MK we were able to learn the destination of some

envelopes delivered by DHL, if you didn't get one yet, most probably you are not on the top

15 first prize winners.

Hang in there and be patient for the other prizes.

<comment not directed to you>

Damn, what's all the fuss about having to wait for the official list !! guys relax and take it easy

</comment>

Cheers

I would be very happy with the very last prize which is 3 windows platform games but I sure am hoping the luck of what little "Irish" I have in me gets me an X-box (the rest of my family keeps hogging the PS2).

Does anyone have any idea about how the winners of the not so exepnsive prizes will be notified?

I am a proud citizen who speaks several languages (all the bad words of course) living here in the state of Texas- I did not know "Bush" made us a Republic but I am surprised we have not been "asked" to succeed from the rest of the U.S. <grin>

I could live with that... :D

May-be someone from Frankfurt?

Hey, noch einer aus Deutschland... Bin ich ja nicht ganz alleine hier^^

Hey, noch einer aus Deutschland... Bin ich ja nicht ganz alleine hier^^

I'm sure you are not alone, it could be interesting to find out from e42

when we have the skypecast how many people participated from each

country.

I was kind of surprised when I saw from the "unnofficial partial list" that

8/10 first prizes were for US players, I was expecting something closer

to 60/40 or even 50/50.

Cheers

I'm sure you are not alone, it could be interesting to find out from e42

when we have the skypecast how many people participated from each

country.

I was kind of surprised when I saw from the "unnofficial partial list" that

8/10 first prizes were for US players, I was expecting something closer

to 60/40 or even 50/50.

Cheers

But did you expect 3 of 8, a whopping 37.5%, from Washington state? That is very interesting...

But did you expect 3 of 8, a whopping 37.5%, from Washington state? That is very interesting...

Yes, that's interesting too, perhaps has to do with more local buzz and proximity to MSFT ?

Also kind of rare not seeing somebody from California, that area has a huge geek crowd and

very large population, I don't know if Audrey saw somebody from there.

Lets take a guess, how many folks you think register to play the game ?

Cheers

Yes, that's interesting too, perhaps has to do with more local buzz and proximity to MSFT ?

Also kind of rare not seeing somebody from California, that area has a huge geek crowd and

very large population, I don't know if Audrey saw somebody from there.

Lets take a guess, how many folks you think register to play the game ?

Cheers

Audrey probably saw one from there ;)

Sorry if I'm late on this everyone. I've been out of town for 2 days. I was listening to messages on my answering machine and had one that was partially cut off. I deleted it, thinking it was a telemarketer, but now I'm hoping it wasn't anything related to a game prize. The part I heard was "press 1, or call us at 866-xxx-xxxx". Of course I didn't write the number down. Just wondering if anyone else had a call/message like that one that was related to the game. (PM me if you'd rather not post on the board.)

Thanks,

Matt

Sorry if I'm late on this everyone. I've been out of town for 2 days. I was listening to messages on my answering machine and had one that was partially cut off. I deleted it, thinking it was a telemarketer, but now I'm hoping it wasn't anything related to a game prize. The part I heard was "press 1, or call us at 866-xxx-xxxx". Of course I didn't write the number down. Just wondering if anyone else had a call/message like that one that was related to the game. (PM me if you'd rather not post on the board.)

Thanks,

Matt

What we know almost for sure is that the winners of the Grand Prize, Meta Puzzle and the 15

first prizes have been already notified, and paperwork was sent to them via courier, I

believe from the 15 first prizes all of them but one have the courier notification mark as

delivered.

I doubt that if you receive a call that it will be from an 800 number, and it looks like that

MK is sending the notifications via courier and/or regular mail.

My .02

1. Did Audrey play herself, or did her husband just have her use her account to enter an alternative answer?

2. How did Audrey or her hubby figure out Ivy as the answer on Sunday, long before 42Entertainment decided to give the 3 other clues that led us to Hardee, MS?

Since these question continue to be asked, I thought I would answer them.

First of all, I played the game for myself and actually I began to play before my husband did.

Secondly, as Rob said earlier, Ivy was an educated guess. We picked it for a couple of reasons based on the other names...

1. The other 3 names were pretty normal or at least ones you hear on occasion. None of them were strange or off the wall.

2. The names seemed to be getting smaller (or vanishing). We thought that was interesting so we decided to look for 3 letter girl names that began with i. That lead us to the name Ivy.

Finally, I put my answer in on Sunday, not Tuesday. I hope this answers everything.

Since these question continue to be asked, I thought I would answer them.

First of all, I played the game for myself and actually I began to play before my husband did.

Secondly, as Rob said earlier, Ivy was an educated guess. We picked it for a couple of reasons based on the other names...

1. The other 3 names were pretty normal or at least ones you hear on occasion. None of them were strange or off the wall.

2. The names seemed to be getting smaller (or vanishing). We thought that was interesting so we decided to look for 3 letter girl names that began with i. That lead us to the name Ivy.

Finally, I put my answer in on Sunday, not Tuesday. I hope this answers everything.

Thanks for answering those questions. I'm glad that you won, but even more so that you were actually playing along with the game. I'm sure that there may be some winners who barely worked on the puzzles, so I am thrilled to find that you weren't like that. You sweated through this with the rest of us.

As for your early guess at Ivy, very well done! And it exemplifies how we solved many of the puzzles before the clues were available (like with the skywriting and the fireworks). While the rest of us were running around going "Right, Up, Down, Right..." trying to find a location, you were sitting back having answered without all that work.

Thank you again for clearing that up, and once again, congratulation! You highly deserve it!

Edited by agentleman

Can someone confirm whether Sydney Australia was the final DHL delivery address or was it just the "next stop" on the way to being delivered. Also what is the date it arrived in Sydney?

I'm asking this because I live near Sydney and was crossing my fingers hoping this might be me. I'd also like to double-check the address that I registered with but couldn't see any options on the site. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Matt

That's actually a phone scam that's going around.

Haven't logged on here for a few days, so missed a bit.

Woohoo! Go Sydney...

Hopefully there will be something waiting at home for me tonight when i get there.

What we know almost for sure is that the winners of the Grand Prize, Meta Puzzle and the 15

first prizes have been already notified, and paperwork was sent to them via courier, I

believe from the 15 first prizes all of them but one have the courier notification mark as

delivered.

I doubt that if you receive a call that it will be from an 800 number, and it looks like that

MK is sending the notifications via courier and/or regular mail.

My .02

Thanks. Figured it wasn't related, but just wanted to be sure.

The rest of the prizes are rolling in!

So the first thing I usually do when I get home from work is look down to the right at this little table in the entryway where the mail gets piled up. With all the people living here, it's usually covered in a mass of junk mail, bills, and things that showed up for people who have long since moved out.

But like everyone, I love getting things in the mail. The odds are that if it's not from Wilmington, DE, I'm going to open it. All of this leads up to me trying to describe the sheer and utter *joy* of laying my eyes on the plain white envelope with the Marden-Kane logo in the corner.

What followed was undoubtedly a personal best for why-is-this-stupid-envelope-in-the-way-of-my-correspondence. My eyes quickly darted from paragraph to paragraph, first confirming that yes, the letter was addressed to me. Then, the "Congratulations!" made my heart skip a beat. Account Executive Erica Valdellon instantly became my new best friend, as she was pleased to announce that I would soon be receiving three (3) Microsoft Games for Windows game titles.

All in all, it's been quite a wild ride. I look at the paper in my hands, and more importantly, feel it, as a kind of tangible and satisfying conclusion to the whole affair. After chasing this woman around the globe for a month, it's good to have something as a lasting reminder. Something that, for a change, isn't going to vanish.

.......unless the games uninstall themselves after 90 days.

Can someone confirm whether Sydney Australia was the final DHL delivery address or was it just the "next stop" on the way to being delivered. Also what is the date it arrived in Sydney?

First off, Hi everyone /wave. I've been lurking for the past few weeks following your progress on the meta puzzle, it's been a blast :)

It's the city that the DHL pack entered the country by. I'm the UK 1st prize winner and it shows my pack as London, whereas I actually live half way up the country in Northampton. No idea how long it's going to be before MK contact me again, I did email Erica, the account manager at MK asking if she could confirm which pack I'd won but no reply yet. I'm guessing that they're waiting until everyone has responded or not before they kick off the next step.

Oh so this means I could be in with a chance as I'm in Australia, and they'll no doubt send it via sydney

I'm currently going to UWSP, and the next regular season is going to be great, GO PACK!!!

I'll get to see Favre this next season, 40 yard line 12 row!! My dad has season tickets.

Do you live in Green Bay?

Nice tickets. I really hope Favre at least gets a winning season this year.

I go to UW-Madison, btw :yes:

-Spenser