Prizes!

I just got a letter this morning for third prize, and it has to be returned by the 26th, I doubt I could write it allina dn get it confirmed or whatever and then send off and arrive in time.

Oh well, nice to wins something I suppose.

I called Marden-Kane and for residents outside of the U.S. a notarization is not necessary. A family member or a friend is also allowed to sign this. And for all who aren't sure that their letter arrive in NY in time can fax it, but they have to send the original letter by mail, too.

I hope this helps.

DHL have been stuffing around for the past three days trying to deliver the "affidavit" to my address in Sydney - hopeless lot - talk about a run around sprinkled with bulls***.

Probably run out of time. :^$

Ok, I actually got a letter yesterday delivered from DHL saying I'm a potential THIRD prize winner and it included the forms and terms and conditions.. also, got this e-mail today for those interested.

February 20, 2007

Dear Microsoft and AMD ?Vanishing Point? Sweepstakes potential winner,

Please be advised that the Affidavit of Eligibility and Release form which you received to determine your eligibility as a winner in the Microsoft and AMD ?Vanishing Point? Sweepstakes does not need to be notarized. A witness signature will suffice. For example, a family member, friend, or co-worker can serve as a witness.

Please feel free to contact me further with any additional questions. Look forward to receiving your completed Affidavit from you.

Sincerely,

Erica Valdellon

Erica Valdellon

Marden-Kane Inc.

Tel: (516) 301-2219

Fax: (516) 365-5250

Email: erica@mardenkane.com

web: http://www.mardenkane.com

Ok, I actually got a letter yesterday delivered from DHL saying I'm a potential THIRD prize winner and it included the forms and terms and conditions.. also, got this e-mail today for those interested.

got the same email - it assumes I got their couriered paperwork which I know reached Australia days ago and has been handed from courier to courier and back to customs [ or so I have been told]

I won 3rd prize, thanks for everyone that helped on neowin! you guys are great and now I get a free version of Windows Vista Ultimate edition! thanks all! <3

not sure if this has been asked, and forgive me if it has...

do any of the prize winners (or anyone who has dealt with marden kane) know how long it will take to receive the prizes?

do any of the prize winners (or anyone who has dealt with marden kane) know how long it will take to receive the prizes?

For my second place prize, the time frame was not indicated in the letter I received. Instead, when I contacted MK for a time frame I was told it was likely to take longer than 4-6 weeks to receive the prizes.

I've got a 4th prize letter, only did the first puzzle box so can't complain :D thnak you for all the help in this, unfortunately due to personal reasons I couldn't do the other parts :(

I've got a 4th prize letter, only did the first puzzle box so can't complain :D thnak you for all the help in this, unfortunately due to personal reasons I couldn't do the other parts :(

So people are still recieving prize letters?

I wish these people receiving letters would tell us where they live...

Sorry im in the UK :) and yes received mine the 2 days ago, although says it was posted 7th Feb from New York, not sure why it took so long to arrive though :(

Hey everyone, Grand Prize Winner here. I've been reading all of your posts since early Feb and just wanted to say congrats to all the winners and sorry I won with only 370 points.

Hey everyone, Grand Prize Winner here. I've been reading all of your posts since early Feb and just wanted to say congrats to all the winners and sorry I won with only 370 points.

Apparently there are a lot of people who won with 300-some-odd points, but that is the luck of the draw.

If it was strictly a points based system, would we really have been able to have a community like we had here during the contest, sharing our knowledge and helping each other to complete all of the puzzles. If it was strictly based on points, probably not.

So congratulations GPW, you deserve it as much as any of us. And as much as any of us who didn't win might moan, it shouldn't detract from your joy.

Thank you for playing the Vanishing Point Game with us, GPW, and congratulations for taking the Grand Prize!!!

Oh, and now that you are a member of Neowin, don't be a stranger. I think that you'll enjoy it here!

Quote - (binny1070 @ Feb 19 2007, 09:47)

so what ever happened to that 17 year old that won? did he end up getting anything? if he did congrats i guess.

He vanished and changed neowin his profile to some random stuff.

New name: asdfoi83wyrl

I don't know if he's won anything, haven't read all his posts.

The winners so far are posted at Vanishingpointgame.com. Look for the link on left side, says see list of winners.

One of the winners location was interesting, Cairo, Giza.

well i got something in the mail today from marden-kane. good news and bad news. bad news is...the prize will be shipped in 6 to 8 weeks, plus i'm getting taxed for the prize. good news is they told me exactly what i'm gonna get (second prize winner), and that is vista and an xbox 360.

i scanned the letter for proof :)

letter.jpg

I got the same letter today except mine said Vista and the Iriver Clix, I'm kinda bummed about that, already got an Ipod was hoping for the Xbox, my aproximate retail value was only $598 I guess because the Iriver is a lot cheaper then an Xbox, oh well I guess I can't complain its free.