vista installed just fine, with a hic-up @ beginning

hey guys, went out tonight and bought vista at 12:00 pm pst. the install did go just fine with no problems at all... but something was very interesting in which i thought was pretty funny. since i was upgrading to windows vista, vista did perform a clean install. i thought you werent able to do that at all. but the only bad thing, was that everything that i moved to another hdd as backup; did wipe that out too... i dont know how it did, but it did wipe all my backups of stuff i was working on for the last 3 weeks. suxors. but vista did do a clean install with the upgrade package that i chose.

the windows vista boxes, i thought we going to be big, but they are about the size of a game box you get now, but you gotta pull the little red tab at the top to open it from the side. So far, from beta, my rating went up 2.8 more rating and running super fast in dual monitors. i did how ever once getting the os to boot for the first time, got a lovely EXPLORER error which caused me to restart my machine, and then after restarting, I checked the windows update feature which crashed and gave me another EXPLORER error, which I had to restart a 2nd time, then once i restarted, everything just worked fine which there was 7 updates that it downloaded to the machine, then 3 optional updates for the os once restarted, and had no issues at all with it. I cant believe how fast this is running compared to all the betas i was in, which was expected, but it looks and runs beautiful.

I'm also surprised - my OEM version seems to be doing an upgrade...

I have an OEM XP Home installed, and I have bought an OEM Vista Home Premium

Follow my progress (in real-time, refresh every so often) here

I believe an upgrade can in fact do a fresh install.. because it says on the comptability charts and stuff here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...gradepaths.mspx

that some window versions require a fresh install.. where as some state "in-place installation option available"

I think that the only thing is we have the OPTION AVAILABLE to us to do an in-place installation, but if we want we can still do a fresh install..

(at least for retail?)