Xbox Live Members Earn Rewards for Achievements

Xbox Live Members Earn Rewards for Achievements

As just announced on GameInformer, we're launching a program in the US to reward Xbox Live members who increase their gamerscore, beginning Feb. 12. We're partnering with Old Spice to give away prizes valued at more than $500,000.

Since this is a pilot program, we're starting with the US, but the team is already talking about what they can do in other regions. Be sure to log into the site on Feb. 12 to register (you have to sign up to be eligible, and to track your progress).

Since we're just getting started, we'd love to hear your thoughts. What kinds of things would you expect from a program like this? What would you like to see?

From an email we just sent to the media:

Xbox 360 is teaming up with Old Spice to bring the first Rewards Challenge to Xbox Live. Gamers will be charged with increasing their gamerscore by 1,500 between February 12 and April 12, 2007. That?s 60 days to bring your overall gamerscore up by 1,500 for the chance to earn a bounty of rewards. In order to participate, you need to have a valid Windows Live? ID with your Xbox LIVE? gamercard linked, be a legal resident of the 50 United States and District of Columbia (expect future challenges to be global in scope) and at least thirteen years-olReward Package Qualificationss

• (Gamers who have an annual gamerscore between 0-4,999 at time of entry): Game Picture, Dashboard theme, Contra for Xbox LIVE ArcadeLevel 22 (5,000-9,999 annual gamerscore): Level 1 Package, 100 Microsoft Points and a contest T-shirtLevel 33 (10,000+ annual gamerscore): Level 1 Package, 200 Microsoft Points, contest T-shirt and Fusion Frenzy 2

[*]In addition, Old Spice will give Level 1 and 2 the gift of experience by upgrading their Rewards Level for 2007.

Think you can do it? With more than $500,000 in total rewards, such as Microsoft Points and Xbox 360 games, it is time to tackle those unbeaten games and start unlocking Achievements, because this Spring the rewards go beyond just having an impressive gamerscore.

Be sure to log on to www.xbox.com/rewards on February 12 to sign up for participation. Reward quantities are limited so gamers who reach the set goal will be awarded on a first come, first served basis only.

Check out the GameInformer article for an interview with Kim Janzik, Director of Global Xbox Marketing.Source:: Gamerscore Blog[/uEdit::

Official Press Release

Edited by Spartan_X

I was expecting a totally different award scheme.

x amount of points = x amount of point currency. Therefore, pick your prize.

Edited by 305

I don't think these prizes are anything special at all. It's stupid to give away XBL Arcade games or even regular games for that matter, because many people have them already. They should let you pick a game from a list or something rather than having specific ones set.

I don't think these prizes are anything special at all. It's stupid to give away XBL Arcade games or even regular games for that matter, because many people have them already. They should let you pick a game from a list or something rather than having specific ones set.

I agree. And 100 points? Sure it's free, but at least give away something people really want to work for. It's like, here, sit down and spend countless hours racking up more achievement points and we'll give you an XBL Arcade Game you probably don't want and $1.25 worth of marketplace points so you can get some gamer pictures which should be FREE in the first place since it's just an image you could find on the net that's been reduced and cropped.

ok, let's see... we have around 5.000.000 XBL users and maybe around 3.000.000 of them will qualify for a $10 price that'll be $30.000.000 in less than 2 months, biz wise thats a big NO! :rolleyes: :laugh: :rofl: :p

ok, let's see... we have around 5.000.000 XBL users and maybe around 3.000.000 of them will qualify for a $10 price that'll be $30.000.000 in less than 2 months, biz wise thats a big NO! :rolleyes: :laugh: :rofl: :p

Hey, either go all out or don't do it at all. Why not have a drawing instead and make the prizes more tempting? I'd rather not half-ass the prizes but make it available to only a few who qualify and then have a drawing.

Hey, either go all out or don't do it at all. Why not have a drawing instead and make the prizes more tempting? I'd rather not half-ass the prizes but make it available to only a few who qualify and then have a drawing.

For sure. It's not really a prize if it's available to most of the people and the "prize" is something you might already have, a t-shirt, and some points worth about a buck.

Since this is a pilot program, we're starting with the US, but the team is already talking about what they can do in other regions.

no HDMI cable for you!!! :laugh: :rofl: :p

^ Your quote has nothing to do with my comment. I was talking about the prizes, not the region that the prizes will be available in. :p

And I've come to terms with no HDMI, which is the main reason why I stayed away from the HD-DVD add-on. I'll wait till stand-alone players are a bit more affordable and will stick with my upscaling HDMI DVD player in the mean time. :)

wow, can you people complain more about FREE STUFF i mean seriously, its not like they are asking you to buy a token then play the game, its freaking free man common....who cares if the prizes are not new cars or a plasma tv, your paying nothing to enter and getting free stuff for something you may be doing any way!

shessh

gg nothing for canada.

This is just a pilot program so they're just starting with the US, hopefully they'll make a rewards program for us soon.

Though I don't see whats so hard about including us in this pilot too...I mean we live right above you guys :p

^ Your quote has nothing to do with my comment. I was talking about the prizes, not the region that the prizes will be available in. :p

I quoted that to kill two birds with one stone... one for the value of the rewards and the other one for the region the pilot program is starting from... :happy: :yes:

And I've come to terms with no HDMI, which is the main reason why I stayed away from the HD-DVD add-on. I'll wait till stand-alone players are a bit more affordable and will stick with my upscaling HDMI DVD player in the mean time. :)

ohh too bad! I just learned new info about the HDMI solution for the Xbox 360, but since you don't want to know anything about it I'll just let it go... :devil: ;)

but to get level 2 the consumers have already purchased at least 5 games, probably more (since 1000/1000 is hard on some games). and 5 games = $250 at least, and if there are 3,000,000 of them then thats $750,000,000 on games...

anyway, i know that what i've just written is a load of bollocks, but thats the other side of the argument... i know that that $750m will have gone to developers and publishers, not to a marketing campaign by MS.

Guys. Excuse the bit of language, but they're giving away free sh** for doing something you normally don't get anything but enjoyment out of (just playing the games). You should be happy they are doing this at all.

So the prizes aren't much to you? So don't care about it then. Just go along playing the games for yourself like you always have in the past and let the people who do care get the stuff. And sure, there are people that let others get their points for them, but you've already stated that the awards aren't worth it, so I don't see the big deal.

-Spenser

yeah, stfiler's right but so are some previous posters. it would have been nice if gamerscores were convertible into MS points. but as is, it's still a pleasant initiative. already have contra but i'll be getting my gamerpic and theme (level 1, right?) as soon as it's on Feb 12.

thanks By Owner, i mean MS!

but what's with the Old Spice? why them? why not Marlboro? some free smokes would have been very nice.

but what's with the Old Spice? why them? why not Marlboro? some free smokes would have been very nice.

you'll see Durex as a partner before you'll see Marlboro... :laugh: :rofl: :p

you know... just "playing it" safe... :whistle:

<snip>

I just learned new info about the HDMI solution for the Xbox 360, but since you don't want to know anything about it I'll just let it go... :devil: ;)

Okay okay, I'll bite. :rofl:

<snip>

IP2L.jpg