Virtual PC 2007

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...ylang=en&tm

Download the full version of Microsoft Virtual PC 2007.

Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition (32-bit x86); Windows Server 2003, Standard x64 Edition; Windows Vista Business; Windows Vista Business 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Enterprise; Windows Vista Enterprise 64-bit edition; Windows Vista Ultimate; Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit edition; Windows XP Professional Edition ; Windows XP Professional x64 Edition ; Windows XP Tablet PC Edition

The download you requested is unavailable. If you continue to see this message when trying to access this download, go to the "Search for a Download" area on the Download Center home page.

Is it just me or are the down speeds horrible?

It's not just you. Go go 2.8 kb/s!

And I'll be very sad if this doesn't work on Vista Home Premium. So sad, in fact, that I'll have to walk all the way to the other room to use it.

Is this any different from the Release Cadiate that has been available on Microsoft Connect for the past few months? If so is there an easy way to update it without losing virtual machines?

It's not just you. Go go 2.8 kb/s!

And I'll be very sad if this doesn't work on Vista Home Premium. So sad, in fact, that I'll have to walk all the way to the other room to use it.

According to the release notes, it only works (for Vista at least) on Ultimate, Business, and Enterprise. As for installing over the RC version, you have to uninstall the RC, then install the release version. You won't lose your virtual machines though, because those are stored in your Documents folder.

Edited by roadwarrior

Is this any different from the Release Cadiate that has been available on Microsoft Connect for the past few months? If so is there an easy way to update it without losing virtual machines?

I'm wondering the same thing. I've been using the Release Candidate from Connect for a while now, and I've had no problems.

dang it.. I have Home Premium.. Anyone know of any good software, that would allow me to connect to my home pc (running Vista HP) from my work pc ( XP Pro) ? Of course I would love for it to be free.. But if not at low cost?

dang it.. I have Home Premium.. Anyone know of any good software, that would allow me to connect to my home pc (running Vista HP) from my work pc ( XP Pro) ? Of course I would love for it to be free.. But if not at low cost?

That's not what Virtual PC does anyway. Perhaps you should be looking at VNC.

So is Virtual PC 2007 free or is this a trial/release candidate?

It's free. Microsoft made Virtual PC a free product (well, for Windows at least, not for the Mac) a while ago.

So is Virtual PC 2007 free or is this a trial/release candidate?

It's totally FREE and is the final release so not a Beta or RC build. :yes:

I experienced the same slow download speed earlier and finally finished downloading, so I've uploaded Virtual PC 2007 x64 version to my webspace, should make a difference for anyone experiencing slow download speeds from the official download link.

http://www.foxframes.net/download/Virtual-PC-2007-x64.zip

I currently have the x86 version downloading and I'll upload it once the download here is complete.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Here's a link for the x86 version:

http://www.foxframes.net/download/Virtual-PC-2007-x86.zip

Edited by Pegasus124

How does the Mac version compare to Parallels Desktop?

It's far less advanced, but then again, it also only runs on PowerPC and Parallels only runs on Intel, so it's impossible to directly compare them. Parallels is a virtualizer, but Virtual PC (at least the Mac version) is a hardware emulator.

It doesn't. In fact, they stopped development of it.

Oh, I didn't realize 2004 was the last version.

It's far less advanced, but then again, it also only runs on PowerPC and Parallels only runs on Intel, so it's impossible to directly compare them. Parallels is a virtualizer, but Virtual PC (at least the Mac version) is a hardware emulator.

Hmm... I'll stick with Parallels, then.