Neowindex 2007 - EU / US

post-82-1171917442.png2007

Where we all get on the same page

What

• A get together for Neowin staffers (18 people on two continents) and visitors

Why

• Increase staff communication, visitor interaction and have a good time!

When

• Friday, April 6th, 2007 to Sunday, April 8th, 2007

Where

• North American Index - Chicago, Illinois
  • European Index - Amsterdam, Netherlands

Who

• North American Index
  • Marshalus, Public Relations Director (North American Coordinator)
  • Shane Pitman, News Editor & Supervisor
  • AgEnTsMiTh, Supervisor
  • timdorr, Developer
  • Timan, Developer
  • shockz, Super Moderator
  • Frank, Super Moderator
  • SkyyPunk, IRC Moderator
  • dreamz, Super Moderator
  • Any Neowin Member!
    European Index
  • Neobond, Administrator (European Coordinator)
  • Redmak, Administrator
  • Daniel, Administrator
  • DaveLegg, Developer
  • Rob, Developer
  • creamhackered, Newsposter
  • Cashman, Newsposter
  • kinetix63, Moderator
  • Any Neowin Member!

Neowindex is Neowin's annual staff and member get together. Started in 2006 as a European only event, Neowin is proud to announce that we have expanded the event and this year will also be meeting up in Chicago to accommodate our visitors and staff members who live in the United States and Canada. We've got a lot of exciting events planned for Friday night and Saturday during the day at both sites -- including a group webchat between the two locations.

Staff members will be utilizing this event to generate ideas for strategic planning of Neowin's direction into 2007 and 2008 -- as well get to know each other better. As the event draws closer a more detailed itinerary will be posted for each site.

Members who are interested in attending should contact (via PM) Marshalus for the North American meetup or Neobond for the European. Please only contact us if you will be making plans to attend. We do not want to make reservations at locations if you will skip out on us. Members will be responsible for paying your own way and for any food, lodging or other accommodations.

post-82-1171917607.png

North American Plans

Forces of the Neowindex 2007 North American Expeditionary Team (or N7NAET for short) will be flying in from various locations around the United States and Canada and converge on Chicago. From there we will have a full day of events planned including some sightseeing around the Chicago magnificent mile.

Neowin will have its first group meeting open to the members, hosting a dinner at (undetermined location) followed by other activities that evening.

Saturday around lunch time Neowin staffers will be participating in our web-cast linkup with the European event. Details are still being worked out as to the exact time and location for this event.

After the web-cast, the North American crew will be visiting Chicago's famous Museum of Science & Industry, which we encourage Neowin members to visit with us. Following the visit, the crew will again meet up for dinner and host other activities in the evening. We're planning a raffle to give away some great Neowin swag and other products donated from various technology vendors. The details of such events are still being hammered out.

Sunday afternoon the N7NAET will be redeployed to their respective locations around the world to assist in the security of the Neowin homeland.

post-82-1171917582.png

European Plans in full

Overview:

Live Skypecast from the staff and members in attendance

Darts Torni Staff vs members

Free prizes and gifts

Post your own news to the Neowin front page

A guided tour of the real life of a moderator

Get insider knowledge and tips about running a large website and community.

Have a laugh hearing the real life funny stories, and cry at the momments when we all thought Neowin would close forever over the last 7 years.

Plans are still in development for US locations. We are always interested in any ideas you may have for events or things you'd like to do with staffers while in Chicago and Amsterdam.

Neowindex 2007 - Where we all get on the same page

We hope to see you there!

See pictures of Neowindex 2006 (Europe)

Edit: This was my 6000th post, w00t! ;)

post-82-1171917419.png

post-82-1171917376.png

Edited by Daniel

tobad you couldn't pick more of a centralized location in the US so it would be easier for more people to attend.

We picked Chicago because of its proximity to the majority of our staff and membership in both the United States and Canada. In the future we may select a different location. It would be impossible for us to economically select a location that worked out for everyone of the people involved. Our primary concern was allowing as many staff members to attend, Chicago worked well for that goal.

hmm might go to european, depends on how many people i know are going

ste

(also why dont you consider doing a UK one? i suggest Manchester?(for no obvious reason :ninja::shiftyninja::ninja:)

Looks like I might have a chance to go. It's almost a 6 hr drive for me but that's better than flying.

I drove from Kansas to Chicago last July, it's not that bad.

i would join u at one of the euro events but 1: my passport has expired and cba to get new one :p 2: got no cash 3: im 16 and my mum wouldn't trust me (plus i only know english and not everyone speaks english)

plus i cant legally drink yet lol im sure lots of thats planned

Wow... An event I might actually be able to make.. :) I'm only about a 2 hour train ride from Chicago... (And actually, last time I took the train to Chicago I was listening to a Neowin Podcast on the trip... how ironic...)

We picked Chicago because of its proximity to the majority of our staff and membership in both the United States and Canada. In the future we may select a different location. It would be impossible for us to economically select a location that worked out for everyone of the people involved. Our primary concern was allowing as many staff members to attend, Chicago worked well for that goal.

If Seattle is in the works for next year i'd love to meet up with folks. I've tried to get with fellow members during WinHec here, but was never contacted, except by Blackice, but that was jsut a quick phone convo....

I'm really looking forward to this! Last time I went to Amsterdam was when I was about 5, so I don't really remember much! Although I'm sure with all the booze I won't be able to remember much this time either :p