AMD Catalyst 7.2 Released

This release note provides information on the latest posting of AMD's industry leading software suite, Catalyst™. This particular software suite updates both the AMD Display Driver (version 8.342), and the Catalyst™ Control Center (version 7.2). This unified driver has been further enhanced to provide the highest level of power, performance, and reliability. The AMD Catalyst™ software suite is the ultimate in performance and stability.

Catalyst™ 7.2 introduces a brand new version of the Catalyst™ Control Center for Windows XP. The new Catalyst™ Control Center delivers a number of significant enhancements:

* Significant performance gains; Catalyst™ Control Center start-up time has been substantially reduced, and overall responsiveness has improved.

* Reduced system resource usage

* New 3D preview which significantly improves the ability for users to understand the benefits of enabling the many Catalyst™ features of their ATI Radeon™ graphics accelerator

* Increased stability

* Native 32 and 64-bit support

Performance Improvements:

Open GL performance improves for all ATI Radeon™ X1000 series products. Gains of up to 25% in Doom 3, 48% in Quake 4 and 21% in Prey can be seen on a variety of ATI Radeon™ X1000 cards. These performance gains are noticed under the Windows Vista operating system.

Full release notes: https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2...ease_notes.html

Download Driver: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Can anyone upload the file onto a file sharing service? I have a Dell laptop and I can not download unless its from Dell, which only has like version 6.2 or something.

I am asking for the Radeon Mobility version...

Just thought to post my opinion here instead of the main post.

I like how AMD (ATI) is dealing with the whole drivers situation in Vista AND in XP, unified drivers with an ACTUAL requested changes/fixes, I really wish I had an ATI card now!!

</rant>

Can anyone upload the file onto a file sharing service? I have a Dell laptop and I can not download unless its from Dell, which only has like version 6.2 or something.

Which Dell?

i just posted in another topic about 10 mins ago saying that i was having some problems with the new drivers, hopefully this will fix them, good timing ati :)

does this fix error code 43 for anyone as I read on a forum someone talked to ATI and they said they would fix it in the one of the next few driver releases, though I thought it was a chipset problem, but it seems to be only with ATI cards, so who knows.

Open GL performance improves for all ATI Radeon? X1000 series products. Gains of up to 25% in Doom 3, 48% in Quake 4 and 21% in Prey can be seen on a variety of ATI Radeon? X1000 cards. These performance gains are noticed under the Windows Vista operating system.

Me likey! Now my wife might actually be able to enjoy using all her openGL based apps again.

Now if nvidia would get better.

Hopefully this fixes the problem with the ATI X1950XT cards in Vista, when running fullscreen apps.

Update: Nope, the bug is still there. The service ATI external utillity still crashes the displaydriver when running fullscreen apps.

Edited by [X]-bYtE

reboot fixed it. working good. Had to download the multilanguage install. The English one said "file not found". Increased my vista graphics score from 3.8 to 3.9. Now sees card as x1300/x1550 series.

Edited by djdanska

Maybe so, but Nvidia dropped the ball harder.

I could care less how hard they dropped their ball, i don't use nVidia.

Good thing I don't have a 1950 AIW I would be throwing some bricks.

Just go to http://ati.amd.com/online/mobilecatalyst/ it will always let you download the latest mobile drivers!

If you have Vista they have scrapped that verification rubbish :D

I could care less how hard they dropped their ball, i don't use nVidia.

Good thing I don't have a 1950 AIW I would be throwing some bricks.

what are you talking about aiw support??? it's supported by catalyst

and there's no such thing as an x1950 AIW, x1900 was the last model

what are you talking about aiw support??? it's supported by catalyst

and there's no such thing as an x1950 AIW, x1900 was the last model

If you owned a AIW you would know what I was talking about. I was referring to the lack of AIW support meaning the soft encode and lack of functionality with the TV tuner. Try using MCE under Vista with AIW you will be disappointed.

50 Off, focus on my point instead of model numbers.

I just ran the 7.2 installer, choose upgrade, it checked my hardware and software, gave me options to upgrade the driver and CCC like it should but it also gave me the ATI driver for my ATI motherboard chipset!!!!!! 7.1 didn't even have the ATI chipset driver.

Upgrade went smooth, rebooted and refreshed my index score and both my aero and 3D figures stayed the same but my HD performance went from only 5.1 to a 5.3! Nice improvement if you ask me considering a 5.1 is pretty good anyway.

I was hoping for a increase in my aero and 3D though, Oh well, maybe the next driver version will help that...

I only have an X1300 128MB btw...

Anyone else having problems starting Control Center (CLI.exe) up?

Me. using 1950xtx. can't start it up. control center goes to the basic one with only 1 option. has errors on installing too. weird.

Hi everyone, I am using Acer Travelmate 8102 series notebook having mobility radeon x700 graphics in it. May i know whether this works with my laptop? Cause previous versions i tried will display some artifacts on 3D graphics. Example: grass on land cant be seen, trees having black cloth "tied" from the tree top down to the root side.