Halo 3 BETA dates revealed, Halo 3 ViDoc

Halo 3, one of the most anticipated videogames for the Xbox 360, will be released to the public in test, or beta, from 16 May.

The online multiplayer element of the game will be made available to the public with feedback going to developers Bungie.

More than 14.7m copies of Halo titles have been sold and more than 800m hours of online Halo games have been played.

The beta will last for three weeks and ends on 7 June.

Three multiplayer maps will be available - Snowbound, High Ground and Valhalla.

source

Just over a month to go! :drool:

EDIT: Apparently there is a new ViDoc available on Marketplace, showcasing some unseen MP footage.

Edited by ynnoj

ah excellent, hope this is true!

tbh 3 weeks is just enough... gives you a taste of whats to come and leaves you wanting more :p

my xbox should be back by then, its currently on its journey to the big tech support factory in the sky :p

The Vidoc is awesome, look at the bubble grenade!!!

I can't wait for the beta, i never really played the other Halo's online but i think i'll give this one a try.

Hmm only 3 weeks, seems pretty short but better than nothing.

Well, if you think about it, Bungie have their internal alpha testing, then their Beta testing, and then MS will probably test it, and then somewhere along the line it gets released to the public for 3 weeks as well.

lol 3 weeks... Good job Crackdown was a good game in itself. If I was one of those that brought it for the beta only I'd be upset but it was always a bonus and never a reason to shell out ?40

Hmm so really it will be only up for two weeks considering the server will no doubt be so stressed it'll be going up and down like a yo-yo! ;)

Hmm so really it will be only up for two weeks considering the server will no doubt be so stressed it'll be going up and down like a yo-yo! ;)

You'd expect they'll make sure that doesn't happen.

After all, they know how much people are participating, and I'm pretty sure they've made their calculations right. At least, I hope so.

LOL! Not a very long time period! Definitely not worth the $60 pricetag along with that packin game that came out earlier.

If you are talking about Crackdown, then no one forced you to buy the game for the beta. Crackdown was an awesome game and one that has been totally worth $60, the Halo 3 beta was just an added bonus.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?ty...AndVidocRelease

Here you?€™ll meet the Multiplayer team and watch a level get built from concept to completion. You?€™ll see the care and attention that goes into every aspect, and yes, you?€™ll see a level or two that nobody has ever seen before.

There are a lot of questions raised in this Vidoc, and we’ll be answering them in the next couple of weeks, so keep checking back for more updates. You’re probably not even reading this huh? You?NOTE: All of the game footage in this doc was taken during the Alpha stage and isn’t even representative of what you’ll see in the Public Beta, let alone the final game. You will see frame rate skips, unfinished animation and graphical features that will change come Fall. All the footage is clearly marked Alpha. You’re looking at the features here folks, not the final quality bar – which we’ve set pretty high. Your next taste of that will be in May. ?vAnd there’s a ton of stuff in the Vidoc you simply haven’t seen before (including the X-Button) – doc you simply haven’t seen before (including the X-Button) – and it’s well worth the download. Now, there’s nothing like seeing it in 720p in Dolby Digital, so remember this Vidoc is also available today on Xbox Live Marketplace, where big screen TVs can do it more justice than your PC.

DL: http://xboxyde.com/news_4195_en.html

DL #2: http://w:).bungie.net/News/content.aspx?ty...AndVidocRelease

The gameplay looks amazing. :) Bubble shield and trip mines! Snap!

Ill bet alot of people are going download it and then unplug their xbox from the internet and set the date back like 6 months, i'm not sure why if you cant play on live, but people will try and it probabably wont work.

The reason it's so short is so you dont just play it for the next few months and then by hte time it comes out you will already be bored with it.

The multiplayer vidoc was so awesome!

Yay, I'm glad I'm not paying $60 for 3 weeks of beta gameplay! :shifty:

Get it right Crackdown was $60, halo3 beta was free.

Anyone who bought crackdown just to play the halo3 beta is a fool.