Xbox 360 Elite on sale

http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/19/xbox-36...target-to-thank

Xbox 360 Elite hits the market early, Target to thank

Posted Apr 19th 2007 9:11AM by Darren Murph

Filed under: Gaming

4-19-07-elite_target.jpg

Waiting around another week or so for Microsoft's Xbox 360 Elite to hit the market didn't seem all that painful from here, but to those looking to get their sweaty palms around the sleek, HDMI-enabled rig on the double, you can apparently fulfill your fantasy right now. Unsurprisingly surfacing on none other than eBay, the world's first Xbox 360 Elite bundle to leave Target's doors in a customer's hands has arrived, and if the small bevy of photos and actual receipt aren't enough to arraign some careless bullseye-sporting employee, we don't know what is. Of course, if you're still unwilling to shell out the above-MSRP asking price, you can always patiently place a pre-order, enjoy the hands-on photos, and envision yourself in the place of those Microsoft drones playing with it on video.

[Via Joystiq]

so they released this to compete with sony? HDMI is still kinda usless for teenagers etc and i dont see current owners going to buy one to replace their current one

I keep telling myself in no way am I going to buy one of these but I def keep second guessing myself.... man I hate MS for doing this to me.. .lol

so they released this to compete with sony? HDMI is still kinda usless for teenagers etc and i dont see current owners going to buy one to replace their current one

Not sure what you mean by useless to teenagers.... if there is a 1080p HDTV in the household that only accepts the 1080p signal through HDMI it is not useless... there are plenty of people who have the cash to throw around and "upgrade" their current 360

I keep telling myself in no way am I going to buy one of these but I def keep second guessing myself.... man I hate MS for doing this to me.. .lol

Not sure what you mean by useless to teenagers.... if there is a 1080p HDTV in the household that only accepts the 1080p signal through HDMI it is not useless... there are plenty of people who have the cash to throw around and "upgrade" their current 360

same since the upped the trade in value on the 360 to 250 its really tempting

Teenagers aren't the only ones that play games, y'know ;)

ye but xbox target auidence is mainly teenagers and students (i have reason to believe) none of my mates who have a 360 have a HD TV so an HDMI port would be useless....

wow.. came out 10 days earily, i want some videos of it in action... it looks so cool

HDMI isn't as great as people think. Component is better for splitting colours, and if your using Optical for 5.1 surround (like most of us these days do) HDMI isn't exactly needed

ye but xbox target auidence is mainly teenagers and students (i have reason to believe) none of my mates who have a 360 have a HD TV so an HDMI port would be useless....

ok well evan if your referring to a student in collage umm they are adults you know so i wouldant say the major audience is teenagers. i dont own an Xbox 360 but i got a friend with 1 i am 24 so you know alot of adults play the 360. and HDMI is on 98% of all new Tvs sold since early 2006

:laugh:

daddy's got the HDTV :p

nah, honestly, this thing is future proof now xD

u dont have to buy an HDTV NOW... ;)

why does everything "elite"/"leet" have to be black, that's boring, i want my white back!

Glassed Silver:mac

I'm a student an I've got an HDTV :huh: I've also got my own car and my own apartment, which I pay for out of my own pocket :D

Granted, I'm not going to a $30,000 university either :p And I have a pretty good job :whistle:

So who's Sony aiming for, the family man? The one who wants to blow more on their offering than MS or Nintendo's? :blink:

So who's Sony aiming for, the family man? The one who wants to blow more on their offering than MS or Nintendo's? :blink:

erm, yes..

it was openly stated by Sony that the first playstation was aimed at the 20-something plus bracket, and not kids

i have read / seen nothing that says that they are not still marketing at this demographic, it can be seen all over its marketing style.

The weird 'This is living' movie with the hand grenade is a prime example

i held of on buying the xbox360 wanted to see which would take it xbox or ps3 and well it seems xbox is goin for it this time, so im thinkin of getting the elite

HDMI isn't as great as people think. Component is better for splitting colours

Component is better for splitting colors? What the hell are you talking about? HDMI is better than component in every way.

That black looks horrible. It's a very flat black...like primer black for automobiles. I wish it came out in random colors...like green, or blue, even transparent would be a hot item.

If they wanted to know black...should've went with the gloss black finish.

Question, so has it been confirmed that the black elite is here to stay? Or is the 'black' a limited edition? I mean, will they just change over to white after the black ones sell out. I looked around but most of the people who said it was a limited edition said so before the official announcement.

The target audience is males aged 16-34 if I remember right.

And I thought it wasn't a limited edition but I'm again confused since they very possibly could just change the premium to 120GB & HDMI and stop selling black ones. S_X?

Question, so has it been confirmed that the black elite is here to stay? Or is the 'black' a limited edition? I mean, will they just change over to white after the black ones sell out. I looked around but most of the people who said it was a limited edition said so before the official announcement.

I'm dead certain it would be here to stay. I cant seem them marketing black accessories for a console thats going to be around for 2 months or whatever. As it is they have black controllers, battery packs, play and charge kits and basically everything coming out so they seem dedicated to the cause.

Interesting....maybe I will stop at one tomorrow to check on this :p though by now they were all probably informed not to sell already :( not that i guess i want to buy one...ill wait till i get a hdtv maybe

That black looks horrible. It's a very flat black...like primer black for automobiles. I wish it came out in random colors...like green, or blue, even transparent would be a hot item.

matt finish is nice, electronics manufacturers should do more stuff in matt, love it ;)

and then you would get fanboys world wide saying "you copied the PS3"

The thing for me is:

DSUB VGA -> DVD Upscaling, full HD-DVD support.

Component -> Much better colors for me (specially on black), no sync frame rate issues (particularly noticeable in Dead Rising over VGA) but no DVD Upscaling.

HDMI -> DVD Upscaling, full HD-DVD support, colors equal or better to component, no sync frame rate issues.

So, for me, HDMI is combining the best of both worlds.

matt finish is nice, electronics manufacturers should do more stuff in matt, love it ;)

:yes:

Matte black = sexy

Gloss black = :x (though I don't mind it on my Samsung LCD :D)

:yes:

Matte black = sexy

Gloss black = :x (though I don't mind it on my Samsung LCD :D)

It's true. I have a PS3 and I hate the glossyness of it. Attracts dust WAYYY to easily. :p