Dreamweaver CS3 install problems in Vista

Question

I am trying to install the new Drewamweaver CS3, but I have been having problems. I am running Vista Business and had Dreamweaver 8 and Photoshop CS2 installed, but are gone now for the new software. When I go to install Dreamweaver CS3 and Photoshop CS3 it will installed the shared component on each of them, but nothing else. When I try to install it on a XP machine it installs fine. Any ideas what the problem is?

a friend of mine had some issues .. try to run the setup file from a command line prompt with admin rights (elevated)

don't ask me why, but this works. also try copy your CD/DVD contents to the HDD and then run it .. does wonders

run in compatibility mode as XP SP2

Without sounding like i'm complaining, Vista has some real issues. I run Vista Ultimate on my home machine and i'm unable to install Acrobat 8. Acrobat 7 installs without a hitch.

I install Dreamweaver CS3 on my Mac today, so far I love it. I would recommend you contact Adobe and bark up their tree. Maybe they have an installer update.

Without sounding like i'm complaining, Vista has some real issues. I run Vista Ultimate on my home machine and i'm unable to install Acrobat 8. Acrobat 7 installs without a hitch.

I install Dreamweaver CS3 on my Mac today, so far I love it. I would recommend you contact Adobe and bark up their tree. Maybe they have an installer update.

The last couple computers that I've worked on with Vista, I had trouble installing Acrobat Reader 8. I ended up having to copy the temp file before clicking off the error message that comes up saying that it can't access the temp directory, then manually running the msi in that folder.

I have tried everything and Adobe Creative Suite still Won't install on vista except for the shared components.

This is what I have done:

-Copied all the install files to the hard drive

-ran in xp compatibility mode

-Right click on setup.exe and ran as administrator

-disabled as many startup services that I could

-clean out all my temp folders and trash

Try running the following command as admin: regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\jscript.dll

It solved my installation issues with the cursed Adobe installers.

The last couple computers that I've worked on with Vista, I had trouble installing Acrobat Reader 8. I ended up having to copy the temp file before clicking off the error message that comes up saying that it can't access the temp directory, then manually running the msi in that folder.

The problem was UAC was turned off... turn it on and it runs without a problem. My thing here is, isn't CS3 supposed to be Vista compatible..?

I turned off UAC and ran regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\jscript.dll, but still I am unable to install. I had Photoshop CS3 Beta on before, but I didn't unregister it. Could that be the problem? I ran the Photoshop clan up tool a few times also.

I turned off UAC and ran regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\jscript.dll, but still I am unable to install. I had Photoshop CS3 Beta on before, but I didn't unregister it. Could that be the problem? I ran the Photoshop clan up tool a few times also.

Have you tried installing with UAC on?

Without attempting to sound rude, how long did you leave it for? Creatve Suite 3 took an absolute *AGE* to install on my system - we are talking a good 2 hours, and I'm running Vista x64, 2GB of RAM, and a Core 2 Duo E6700....

Without attempting to sound rude, how long did you leave it for? Creatve Suite 3 took an absolute *AGE* to install on my system - we are talking a good 2 hours, and I'm running Vista x64, 2GB of RAM, and a Core 2 Duo E6700....

Only took 12 minutes here... sure something wasnt wrong with your setup?

Nope, I'm deathly serious. I don't know what it was causing it but it took about 2 hours all told to complete it's install. Madness huh? Works like a charm and very snappy now it's on, but it really did take a long time - look like it had hung on several occasions.

Nope, I'm deathly serious. I don't know what it was causing it but it took about 2 hours all told to complete it's install. Madness huh? Works like a charm and very snappy now it's on, but it really did take a long time - look like it had hung on several occasions.

was it an upgrade or clean install? i could probably see an upgrade taking a lot longer

No problems here. Using Vista Ultimate x86, UAC turned on.

BTW is there anyway to remove the other apps that are installed when installing DW CS3 (Adobe Bridge, Adobe Device Central)?

was it an upgrade or clean install? i could probably see an upgrade taking a lot longer

Clean install - I'm not fussed, it works... just couldn't believe it.

My problem with Adobe Dreamweaver CS3. I had Adobe Photoshop CS2 installed and also Macromedia Dreamweaver 8.02 installed. Not too long ago I purchased Adobe Photoshop CS3 it installed perfectly and went through the activation and everything with no problem. I just went and bought Adobe Dreamweaver CS3. When I try to install Dreamweaver CS3 it installs the Shared Components but the other two fail. Just to make this clear I have never had any Betas nor any trials on my computers. I ran Adobe's CS3 clean utility as an administrator and it said all was clean. That didn't work it also made the installer say corrupt database. So I called and they had me delete some kind of "cap" file or something. Now I am at the same problem as before it will only install the Shared Components. I tried that jscript.dll trick, tried running in compatibility mode, tried running from an elevated command prompt - you name it, I tried it. Adobe just keeps having me do all of these tricks and "hacks" to try and get it to work. I am afraid that I am eventually going to have a badly messed up computer. Adobe has always made awesome products and very reliable products. In my opinion they badly messed up with the Dreamweaver installer. Installing a product should be the easy part. I am going to call back tomorrow (Monday) and see if I can get a refund. I will wait untill Adobe comes out with a working installer that doesn't require you to totally change your whole Operating System to get it to install. By the way I am running Windows Vista Ultimate Edition. If anyone has any suggestions before I request a refund I'll give it one more shot. Thanks.

-Jim