Where does your user name come from?

The topic should be enough, but where does your user name come from?

Mine hails from a character in The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor, one of my favorite books.

He also happens to be part of a graphic comic by the same author, where I got my avatar from..

I spaced out a lot in class. Now that I've graduated college and I'm in full-blown work mode, I space out a lot at work. (hence the constant posting during the day Monday-Friday)

I was trying to figure out something that wasn't just my name, so I came up with obake, which is Japanese for "ghost" or "monster." I dunno, sounded sorta neat. Ironically, I've ended up just using my name on nearly every other forum and website I frequent, so I should probably change my user name on here as well.

I tried a bit of rapping when I was 16 and the word "Rappy" stuck tho before then I was Serpentuk after Metal Gear.

Matrix was my favourite character of all time (from ReBoot) so I named myself just that when I started out. Then a friend of mine had XII at the end of his name, so we both took that as our tag and played in a small CS1.5 clan, then when that disbanded we just both kept the XII at the end of our name, no real reason, it was just different I guess. :p

Well, my first one was anonymouse91 and I did that because I didn't like to reveal my identity to sites so therefore 'anonymous' + 'e' and my birth year.

This one was just taken from the mess.be hacker name generator

There was a character in The Matrix with this name, and I liked it (the name, not the character). It was w1ldcat before but that was chosen by someone else and needed changing.

Holy eff, it's been little over a month since the last one and we already have a new thread on it...

Well, if I must make this post somewhat substantial, I just liked the word pixels, especially because my personal website (which hasn't been finished for far too long) is called A Perfect Pixel.

There was a character in The Matrix with this name, and I liked it (the name, not the character). It was w1ldcat before but that was chosen by someone else and needed changing.

Persephone's also a Greek goddess, no?

An in-joke in on a BBS in 1985.

I just dated myself. :whistle:

Queen of the Underworld... :devil:

But seriously, anything greek sounds/looks so cool. Take my gamertag for example... It's just the greek spelling of catastrophe, and it's instantly 10 times cooler. No, I'm not being being sarcastic :laugh:

Oh damn, that was ages ago. I remember being six years old and watching that :D

Yeah man, classic :p

Firstly, haven't we had about 5+ of these "How did you come up with your username" etc threads now?

If I was to tell you how I came up with mine I would have to pull your tongue out.