Windowblinds kills Cleartype

See the screenshot attached below. The menu text and text in the Start menu are not Cleartype aliased, while everything else is. Any suggestions?

windowblinds551bugwb1.th.png

Take a closer look. The font in the Start Menu is rendered using the normal text smoothing, which IMO looks like crap. This same problem also extends to Explorer:

post-99705-1187993637_thumb.png

Notice the difference in text rendering methods with the Favorite Links and the text labels for my hard drives.

The three areas I circled in green are using sub-pixel rendering. You can tell by the coloration to the left and right of the pixels. Font colors that aren't black on white or are white on black don't work quite as well with subpixel rendering, because they don't use all three pixels. But those in green are subpixel-rendered.

Not sure why, but the main section of your window (where the drives are) is not sub-pixel. You can see the shades of gray being used.

Don't have a solution, but helping point out the problem for others looking at the thread.

post-36818-1187994912_thumb.png

^^ Thanks for the clarification. :yes:

I just tried my (newly purchased) copy of Windowblinds on my laptop with Vista. Same problem. I'm guessing this is a Vista-only problem? I'm pretty sure this problem won't surface on Windowblinds XP.

Thanks. :yes:

I also noticed a few window flickering issues with Windowblinds on XP. Don't know if it's video card drivers related or not.