[VS] Vienna 2 - Spectrum

Man you guys are just total jerks! You just don't understand the work that goes into making these thing obviously. It's really a shame to see people flame a author of his hard work. Start making your own themes if you don't like the one available and then we will see who has the better stuff.

i couldve sworn i saw that theme somewhere else. Wasnt it like called SEXY or something? It was a paid theme on the same site. However it was all blue, or was it one of the WIP on here? Anyways i doubt that someone that can make an amazing theme like that could ruin it so badly with the colors. Its apparent that you have the skill to make very good themes, i dont believe that your judgment could've caused you to kill the theme. My only explaination is that somehow this was ripped from the original them?

i dunno, but i have to say this is one of the FEW themes out there that i would actually use. If you can manage to make it a color like pearl white, or maybe dark blue. this would totally be a kick arse theme.

Man you guys are just total jerks! You just don't understand the work that goes into making these thing obviously. It's really a shame to see people flame a author of his hard work. Start making your own themes if you don't like the one available and then we will see who has the better stuff.

Did you make the theme? Vstyler is a big boy, he can defend himself. Any skinner knows that you can't always have good feedback, you have to expect that some people aren't gonna like some things.. get over it and move on. Speaking of themes, where is all the hard working **** that you provide?

anyway.. about the theme, i don't mind it.. the style is a bit redundant but overall it's not that bad, however, in my opinion the caption bar glyphs suck ass, they seem really quickly done and don't match anything.. and the wallpaper and cursors is what make the whole style very "gay" looking.. the theme itself with a nice dark wallpaper and normal cursor actually looks nice.

Did you make the theme? Vstyler is a big boy, he can defend himself. Any skinner knows that you can't always have good feedback, you have to expect that some people aren't gonna like some things.. get over it and move on. Speaking of themes, where is all the hard working **** that you provide?

anyway.. about the theme, i don't mind it.. the style is a bit redundant but overall it's not that bad, however, in my opinion the caption bar glyphs suck ass, they seem really quickly done and don't match anything.. and the wallpaper and cursors is what make the whole style very "gay" looking.. the theme itself with a nice dark wallpaper and normal cursor actually looks nice.

Go check WC, DA, Maxstyles ... I'd say 99% good feedback...the problem aint the theme. It's the little wannabe punks that hang out on this site. If you doubt me, investigate all other sites...I'm not making it up. Not a single Gay comment, not even CLOSE... SO.. that tells me its not the theme, its not ANYthing except the non appreciative losers that continue to hound me for whatever reason year after year on Neowin.

If i'm wrong, please by ALL means quote some comments from other sites... PLEASE... haha...

Feel SO good to be right....

I'm waiting.... :D please... cmon... lets see some quotes from other sites..???

oh thats right... there AREN't any are there??

I rest my case... mmmkthxbye. ;)

Look who's whining now though?... Talk about ironic.

Fact.

is that all you got? :rolleyes:

vStyler.....

I know you are a good skinner, I know how HARD is to do a damn Skin (I'm on my first damn project since NOV 2005!!!).

BUT Your attitude here disappoint me. Really, you are a good artist in talent but you didn't have the good Artist SPIRIT here.

You have so mush over-reacted to crap critique for nothing, I mean, dude, your reputation is done, you have made "Master Skins", you will get almost 5000 downloads of Vienna 2 in 4 days, the skin is a major hit man! Why then go mad when you get crap critiques?

Whatever what you do, lot of people will like it about the same amount not like it but won't say it, few of them will say they don't like it, and rare group will go further by saying crap stuff like you saw here. Who count the most?

As an artist, you must respect critiques whatever if the critique is well written or if it's crapply written, THAT IS THE ARTIST SPIRIT.

Go check WC, DA, Maxstyles ... I'd say 99% good feedback...the problem aint the theme. It's the little wannabe punks that hang out on this site. If you doubt me, investigate all other sites...I'm not making it up. Not a single Gay comment, not even CLOSE... SO.. that tells me its not the theme, its not ANYthing except the non appreciative losers that continue to hound me for whatever reason year after year on Neowin.

If i'm wrong, please by ALL means quote some comments from other sites... PLEASE... haha...

Feel SO good to be right....

I'm waiting.... :D please... cmon... lets see some quotes from other sites..???

oh thats right... there AREN't any are there??

I rest my case... mmmkthxbye. ;)

Fact.

i understand where you're coming from, there are alot of ###### making stupid comments here that are completely untrue. When someone comes in and just says "it looks gay" thats obviously untrue and they are just being a moron. HOWEVER, when you look at sites like wincustomize the situation is totally flipped because rather then being honest about half the stuff on the site, people make comments that are completely untrue and thus the good comments can't be taken seriously either. Look at something like this

http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.aspx?ski...244&libid=1

The skin MAY have taken a long time to complete.. and MAYBE the author put alot of hard work into it, however do you think it's deserving of a comment like " 100% the best!!!! and this is your first Skin!! NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Absolutely not, the truth is that the skin is horrible, but not many people at the "other" sites are very honest either and that's the point i'm trying to make, as much as people tell you that your theme is amazing on other sites are just as untrue with their comments at times.

Absolutely not, the truth is that the skin is horrible, but not many people at the "other" sites are very honest either and that's the point i'm trying to make, as much as people tell you that your theme is amazing on other sites are just as untrue with their comments at times.

Everyone has different tastes in skins, just becuase one person thinks it's "horrible" doesn't make it true, or represents everyone else's opinions. If you don't like a certain skin, that's fine, there are many I don't like personally, but the derrogatory remarks are quite discouraging.

I sometimes wonder if the same skins that get a bad reaction here would get the same remarks if they were an .msstyle.

Everyone has different tastes in skins, just becuase one person thinks it's "horrible" doesn't make it true, or represents everyone else's opinions. If you don't like a certain skin, that's fine, there are many I don't like personally, but the derrogatory remarks are quite discouraging.

I sometimes wonder if the same skins that get a bad reaction here would get the same remarks if they were an .msstyle.

i agree that everyone has different tastes, and my saying that skin is horrible is just my opinion, not to be taken as fact, however my point was to basically show that you can't accept these statements as fact even when they are positive, just because some people on some sites say your theme is the best thing since sliced bread, doesn't mean that's a fact. I like stardock as a company, i think they are doing some great things that nobody else can seem to begin to compete with.. but in my opinion the whole wincustomize community is garbage, which is what i think gave stardock and windowblinds a bad name, because of the past everyone has come to expect bulky bloated themes and skins because wincustomize has always displayed just that and i think it's hard for people here to get past that and actually look there for a good skin, even though they DO exist. I just think that the majority, a LARGE majority of people who post there choose to be "nice" instead of being "honest" or giving constructive critisism. Just because something is downloaded 5000 times, doesn't mean jack when those 5000 people have used it once and moved on to something else, which is what i can only imagine happens with some of those completely unusable themes. I don't agree with some comments that were posted here about themes, such as "feeds more troll food", it doesn't help anything, but neither does saying "wow, awesome job, best theme i've ever seen" when in fact it's OBVIOUS and very much a fact that the skinner doesn't have a clue about skinning.

now about the msstyles comment.. it would make a difference, but not as much as you think.. windowblinds has come a long way but i dont need to tell you that, you already know. But still there are just some people who refuse to pay to skin something, which is understandable as well.

The Wb can recolored to ANY color, one click. Other than that, If you don't like it..just don't use it.

sweet. can we choose one color though? or do we have to pick multiple?

also this isnt WB style is it? how do you go about installing VS themes for vista? im really interested.

kthxbai lol

i agree that everyone has different tastes, and my saying that skin is horrible is just my opinion, not to be taken as fact, however my point was to basically show that you can't accept these statements as fact even when they are positive, just because some people on some sites say your theme is the best thing since sliced bread, doesn't mean that's a fact. I like stardock as a company, i think they are doing some great things that nobody else can seem to begin to compete with.. but in my opinion the whole wincustomize community is garbage, which is what i think gave stardock and windowblinds a bad name, because of the past everyone has come to expect bulky bloated themes and skins because wincustomize has always displayed just that and i think it's hard for people here to get past that and actually look there for a good skin, even though they DO exist. I just think that the majority, a LARGE majority of people who post there choose to be "nice" instead of being "honest" or giving constructive critisism. Just because something is downloaded 5000 times, doesn't mean jack when those 5000 people have used it once and moved on to something else, which is what i can only imagine happens with some of those completely unusable themes. I don't agree with some comments that were posted here about themes, such as "feeds more troll food", it doesn't help anything, but neither does saying "wow, awesome job, best theme i've ever seen" when in fact it's OBVIOUS and very much a fact that the skinner doesn't have a clue about skinning.

now about the msstyles comment.. it would make a difference, but not as much as you think.. windowblinds has come a long way but i dont need to tell you that, you already know. But still there are just some people who refuse to pay to skin something, which is understandable as well.

Critique is one thing, Saying its " some gay crap gang banged by some other gay comment" is totally unacceptable which is why I took offense to begin with, and why I went ballistic to begin with. I didn't acheive the status I have from being intolerant of criticism I assure you Joe.

As for bloated, bulky themes, you must not have visited in a while as far as I know 1 pxel strokes don't constitute bulky... at least as far as my work goes. I cant speak for anyone else. Also.. 5,000? try 150,000.. they can't all be wrong can they?

Don't go by the past, i urge everyone to have a look for themeselves.

have another look my man.

Not bulky These are master skins, I assure you my free stuff is far from bulky also.

Peace.

.statix any vista VS can be converted using Skinstudio and yes you can recolor any theme to a single color.

i wasn't referring to your skins as being bulky.. i'm simply saying that windowblinds has/had a reputation of just having bloated/bulky themes, up until WB5, most of the themes were simply unbearable, and i think that's where alot of comments come from.. alot of people still have that mindset because it's been that way for so long. I agree that alot of comments here are unacceptable, and you have every right to take offense to it. Also i never said you being intolerant of criticism.. you've faced more of it then anyone :)

Maybe it's just me, but i honestly don't consider wincustomize a credible site, as i said half the people would rather just lie then tell the truth, and regardless of how many downloads you have on wincustomize, they are just downloads, usability is the key. This is not directed at you john, but i can't tell you how many skins i've downloaded for WB because i thought it looked cool, and then deleted it immediately because it was completely unusable.

Well, I'll agree with that but I can't concern myself with what others are doing, If people have a stereotype of WB \ in general I implore them to put aside their prejudice and give it another look, Compared with VS production thesedays WB is light years ahead, Sure, as in any artistic community there are going to be winners and losers.. talent and effort versus just effort.

Perhaps it's time Neowin opened it's eyes, took another good look and evaluate skinners on an individual basis as opposed to lumping said artist's into an age old mindset. Frankly most of the VS being released today for XP or Vista are of pretty low quality, overblown glass, lack of creativity, recolors, same old same old.. and i HAVE looked recently.

I can say without reservation that some of themes by Wincustomize's top themers in every way compete with, if not put to shame what is being produced via Visual styles artists these days.

Clear your mind, find out for yourself, I promise you that using your noggin to put aside some of the newer aspiring artists ( who hopefully one day will be competent ) that there are many diamond's in the rough and it's only improving.

If people here cannot judge objectively and without malice what is good from bad perhaps customization isn't their forte.

To those who feel that childish cheapshots engender their ulterior motives think again.. It makes you look insecure and lacking in confidence and is why your posts have been removed.

To those who have supported me, via valid criticism of both a positive or negative nature I am especially grateful.

have a great weekend.

Edited by Winswy