Microsoft launches Windows Media Center Internet TV beta

Microsoft is getting official with its Windows Media Center Internet TV feature, which is set to go live in beta fashion tomorrow morning. According to Microsoft, users of Vista Home Premium and Vista Ultimate will soon be able to download a simple update that will enable them to "enjoy a range of television and video content on their PCs and TV sets [with a Media Center Extender of some sort] without a TV tuner in their PC." The streaming content will all be ad-supported "by an advertising platform provided by YuMe," which means that you'll be getting it gratis. The programming reportedly "comes from MSN Video," and just over 100 hours of it will be available when the beta begins. To whet your appetite, a few notables that will be available are "full episodes of TV shows such as 'Arrested Development,' full-length music concerts by artists such as Chris Cornell, Snoop Dogg, Elton John, Pink, John Mayer and the Pussycat Dolls, movie trailers, news segments from MSNBC, and sports clips from FOX Sports."

http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/27/microso...ternet-tv-beta/

Joost has some cool things like transformers episodes and some cool music videos.

not in europe it doesn't

and Transformers and what is it, Gi Joe ? is the only good stuff they have there

The rest is left overs from MTV, cheap documentaries that suck to bad for Discovery or BGC to buy them, bad music videos and old sports stuff, like like races and boxing games from 2005... seriusly...

The only things worth watching there as I mentioned above aren't available here. Well I believe NGC is also availale in the US.

It's strage how they take so long to get good tv and online tv content to europe though. I mean over here you can actually air stuff without filtering out swear words, blur out company names and make sure to delete any scene that could show part of a nake boob.

Anyone got it to work yet? i can't find where i'm supposed to 'opt in' for Windows Media Center updates on my Home Premium edition...and there's definitely no link in my media center already.

Joost has some cool things like transformers episodes and some cool music videos.

Yeah, but the rest of the content is horrible junk. Let's hope that this provides a decent internet television experience.

Makes sense. It's still a beta and Microsoft would have to negotiate terms with every content rights holder/distributer in other countries if it wanted to launch this globally. It was better for them to push out what they could, where they could to get development going rather than wait.

does anyones stream buffers a lot?.. I tries arrested developement and it seems to be buffering a lot.. I dont think its internet spped cause I have 5mbps cable..

yeap mine buffers ALOT, and the sound is horrible at times.