iPhone soon open to any network in Germany?

iPhone now for you?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. @Internationals: Would you buy an iPhone in Germany (have/DIY imported) to avoid the hard SIM Lock & Network exclusions?

• YES
    • Probably yes
    • Undecided
    • Rather not
    • No
    • N/A, I'm German
  2. 2. @Germans: iPhone now for you?

• YES, no matter what a Hard SIM Lock free one costs!
    • Yes, very likely, although a sky high price will stop me
    • Yes, if price stays about the same
    • Undecided
    • No, don't like it
    • No, don't want to fork out that much money
    • N/A, I'm not German
  3. 3. @Germans who might will adopt it: Want the iPhone @ Vodafone or... ?

• T-Mobile for me
    • Vodafone here I come!
    • E-Plus!
    • O2!
    • Some cheapo carrier
    • N/A, not German/not going to adopt it for sure

Vodafone Germany has seeked for a restraining order against T-Mobile Germany yesterday.

Vodafone's?order aims?at T-Mobile's exclusive deal with Apple, Inc. and appearently tries to take down?said exlusive deal.

Vodafone does not however use the right to restrict T-Mobile from putting it on their shelves.

T-Mobile has two weeks to contradict against the order.

Not until then a law suit might begin.

Vodafone Germany CEO, Friedrich Joussen, is affraid that other popular?cell phone manufacturers,?such?as?Nokia?or?Sony?Ericsson,?could follow Apple's principe to offer their products to exclusive carriers only.

Background:

Vodafon itself has been in talks with Apple, Inc. itself in order to become the exclusive carrier for Apple's smartphone in Germany, the agreement didn't come about, though, because Vodafone refused to share their gains?created?by?iPhone?plans with Apple, Inc.. T-Mobile is conjectured to share one third with Apple, Inc..

Vodafone is offering an alternative phone with similar capabilities, the Samsung SGH-F700 (Vodafone brand name "Qbowl"), which comes with 2 plans, one of them including unlimited calls & texts to all networks?as?well?as unlimited data for €99.95/month (~USD 146.60).

Source: Chip.de (German)

Translation: Glassed Silver (Falk MeyeUPDATE:

/i>UPDATE:

It's for sure?now T-Mobile must now sell the iPhone without Hard SIM Lock as soon as possible.

Vodafone hasn't decided on offering the iPhone themselves as for now, the CEO said it's for the plain injustice. German Laws don't allow su

Source: netzwelt.de

Glassed Silver:mblssed Silver:mbl

Edited by Glassed Silver

Update -> *bump*

UPDATE:

It's for sure now T-Mobile must now sell the iPhone without Hard SIM Lock as soon as possible.

Vodafone hasn't decided on offering the iPhone themselves as for now, the CEO said it's for the plain injustice. German Laws don't allow such exclusive deals.

Source: netzwelt.de

Glassed Silver:mbl