A wave of Ultimate Extras to come by Q2/Q3 2008?

I was talking with a friend of mine in I.T. at the company I work for, and he has a friend who works at Microsoft and is on the Windows Development Team or whatever title you'll give them.

Anywhom, I brought up Vista Ultimate and its "extras", and he told me that because of the ''unexpected" flood of Vista issues microsoft had to divert it's resources elsewhere and have SP1 cover more than internally-planned. Also, believe it or not, supposivly the Driver and Application Compatibility issues (Which technically was not Microsofts' fault and thus didn't need to do anything) made Microsoft very unhappy since it gave many software/hardware developers more than enough time to prepare, and basically forced Microsoft basically play hound-dog to all those companies.

He mentioned that come Late Q2 to Early Q3 of 2008, Microsoft will have a "wave" of Extras coming covering functionality, aesthetics, and even performance (seems a bit unfair if performanc extras will only be for Ultimate users though).

Take it the way you want it, which is probably with a grain of salt, but hey salt can be tasty.

What nX07 is true...I had a private chat too 2 weeks ago & asked about windows 7 & mobile , live platform updates....since as nX07 said, resource were relocated for partners & team along...but for sure Live platform is coming bold.

Windows 7 - nothing will be shown public until beta & only in RC build most of the full features will be available (anyway tats for good)

Mobile UI & engine, core are making a revamp.. :-)

What nX07 is true...I had a private chat too 2 weeks ago & asked about windows 7 & mobile , live platform updates....since as nX07 said, resource were relocated for partners & team along...but for sure Live platform is coming bold.

Windows 7 - nothing will be shown public until beta & only in RC build most of the full features will be available (anyway tats for good)

Mobile UI & engine, core are making a revamp.. :-)

Let's see if my guruparan translator works....

You're talking about Windows 7? nx07 is talking about Windows Ultimate Extras.

Translator bonked out soon after initialization.

Well I don't really buy this friend of a frioend stuff.

But that performance thing could be the game mode thing that was supposed to be in Ultimate, where it pretty much shuts down the OS and more or less turns the computer into a console when playing games.

Well I don't really buy this friend of a frioend stuff.

But that performance thing could be the game mode thing that was supposed to be in Ultimate, where it pretty much shuts down the OS and more or less turns the computer into a console when playing games.

First time I've ever heard of this. That would be a very nice feature. I actually wondered about something like that a while back.

I too had a private chat with a team member. He mentioned new Ultimate Extras are soon to come, like this new checker's game (preview below). EXCITING!

LOL! Looks fun, but I bet it's buggy. ;)

I too had a private chat with a team member. He mentioned new Ultimate Extras are soon to come, like this new checker's game (preview below). EXCITING!

post-86742-1198044673_thumb.jpg

(not factual)

I'd rather get a free USB flash drive and use Home Premium. :p

^^^^^

That would be a nice feature indeed, but it should at least be available to Home Premium users as well.

It was only ever meant for Ultimate.

It was only ever meant for Ultimate.

Really? I thought it was going to be a Vista "feature" originally. At least, from what I remember of the betas, it was planned as such at one time. I haven't heard this talked about in quite some time though and was really bummed that nothing ever came of those rumors last time. I really hope that this is something they're working on and not just an internet pipe dream. That said, if it ever does see the light of day and comes to fruition I can easily see them limiting this functionality to Ultimate along with an enhanced version of Xbo-- er... Windows Live as well.

Really? I thought it was going to be a Vista "feature" originally. At least, from what I remember of the betas, it was planned as such at one time. I haven't heard this talked about in quite some time though and was really bummed that nothing ever came of those rumors last time. I really hope that this is something they're working on and not just an internet pipe dream. That said, if it ever does see the light of day and comes to fruition I can easily see them limiting this functionality to Ultimate along with an enhanced version of Xbo-- er... Windows Live as well.

I mean I could be wrong, but I thought that was one of the things that was supposed to be in Ultimate from the beginning.

post-86742-1198044673_thumb.jpg

(not factual)

:laugh:

Post of the week. :star:

I mean I could be wrong, but I thought that was one of the things that was supposed to be in Ultimate from the beginning.

Well I've got a copy of Ultimate and was beginning to wonder where the added value is, so, hopefully you're correct. It'd be nice to get something for nothing. (Again.) I'm tellin' ya, beta testing is the way to go.