NVIDIA ForceWare 174.53

NVIDIA has new drivers up for download! (The driver is WHQL and only supports GeForce 9800GX2 and 9600GT, check post for modified infs).

Release highlights:

# Added support for GeForce 9800 GX2 GPUs.

# Added new PureVideo HD features for GeForce 9800 GX2:

* Dynamic Contrast Enhancement

* Dynamic Blue, Green & Skin Tone Enhancements

* Dual-Stream Decode Acceleration*

* Microsoft Vista Aero display mode compatibility for Blu-ray & HD DVD playback*

Download for Windows Vista

English: 32-bit | 64-bit

International: 32-bit | 64-bit

Release notes

Download for Windows XP

English: 32-bit | 64-bit

International: 32-bit | 64-bit

Release notes

Modified inf to add support to all GeForce 6/7/8/9

English:

For Windows Vista 32-bit | 64-bit

For Windows XP 32-bit | 64-bit

International:

For Windows Vista 32-bit | 64-bit

For Windows XP 32-bit | 64-bit

Edited by Tantawi

Sure possible, but I need the original inf file first (too lazy to download the whole package from NVIDIA!), email it to me on eltantawi AT gmail .com and I'll update the first post with the modified version.

Sure possible, but I need the original inf file first (too lazy to download the whole package from NVIDIA!), email it to me on eltantawi AT gmail .com and I'll update the first post with the modified version.

Ok No problem, maybe tomorrow ;)

No new drivers for us for nearly 3 months. :/

3 Months? Strange, I just got a driver update a couple of weeks back with the Crysis 1.2 update. v169.44, IIRC.

Yeah, it's wierd that they would take so long to release new drivers, and then make them only for the 9 series. I mean honestly, who even has 9-series cards?

I don't like installing beta drivers.

Then you don't get the right to complain about not having new drivers :p :p

I don't like beta o/s', I guess we're all different! ;)

Citrus : Actually, I was just talking to a couple of people yesterday about buying a 9600GT, so...

So this driver is only for the 9 series?

Yep. If nVidia keep this up (release official betas only or their 9xxx series) then its like a kick to the face for all 8xxx customers. There hasn't been a real update for the 8xxx series card for many months. Only a "official driver for crysis 1.2" or some other crap like that. Give me a driver that actually HAS a change log. After reading up on the guru3d forums you can see how many people have issues and nothing is done each driver release, the bug submitting tool on their site is also useless as they never email back stating that they are looking into the issue etc.

I don't like installing beta drivers.

then never ever install any driver again, since all drivers can be considered a beta

then never ever install any driver again, since all drivers can be considered a beta

Not exactly. A 'beta' driver probably undergone less testing than a 'final' one. Not always, of course, but most times!

^ Not the case with NVIDIA (N) "final" drivers seems to be always buggy more than any beta!

Right. Ok. Whatever. You are opinionated and quite the book of knowledge aren't you.

I choose not to run Beta drivers / software on my PC's.

So when nvidia releases the final driver and it's actually designed for my 8800GTS; I'll install it. Otherwise I won't.

Right. Ok. Whatever. You are opinionated and quite the book of knowledge aren't you.

So when nvidia releases the final driver and it's actually designed for my 8800GTS; I'll install it. Otherwise I won't.

While overall he's not correct, he is somewhat right... most nVidia drivers are only released in beta form. I assure you that almost all of them are just as stable as final releases, however. I believe all of nVidia's final drivers are simply beta versions that have been certified -- no changes what-so-ever from the beta their based off of.

drivers are never final, its always work in progress, WHQL doesn't mean anything anymore