Prevent Standby exit in XP on mouse movement

Hi,

How do you turn off the Standby release of XP, because whenever the mouse moves even a slight bit, the compu comes out of standby; I want it to do so only with keyboard press.

Thanx.

In Microsoft Windows XP, you can configure Mouse Programming properties so that you can use the mouse to wake the computer from Standby mode. To do so, open the Mouse Programming properties, click Hardware, click Properties, click Power Management, and then click to select the "Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby" check box.

However, in some cases, even if you have not selected this check box, you can still use the mouse to control the Standby

function. To resolve this issue, contact the hardware manufacturer to obtain an updated BIOS that is compatible with Windows XP. The third-party products discussed in this article are manufactured by vendors independent of Microsoft; we make no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding these products' performance or reliability.

taken from http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_standby.htm#xp_wake

just uncheck the box instead of checking it. i can't confirm this as i'm on Vista not XP atm :)