SP3 Autoupdate - Problem

Yes...another SP3 related problem. I appreciate your thoughts.

So day before yesterday I powered off our computer and saw that the autoupdate had stuff to download. I assume it's SP3. Yesterday we go to use the computer as always and pwr it up...seems fine until the screen goes totally blank where you'd normally see the Windows screen. I tried booting into safemode, but the keyboard doesn't work at all either. I don't know if the mouse works since I cannot see a pointer on the blank screen.

My thoughts after a while were that maybe the Logitech keyboard wasn't being recognized. It's connected via usb connection and not the...other type. I thought maybe getting an older keyboard might help that issue, but didn't get a chance to try it out. Got frustrated and just left it.

Had to wait to get to another computer to post problem...thanx for your review.

Update:

Got the keyboard and mouse working. Used the ps/2 connections instead of usb.

However it still doesn't load up and loading in safe mode hangs up. Last known good config also hangs up.

Update:

Got the keyboard and mouse working. Used the ps/2 connections instead of usb.

However it still doesn't load up and loading in safe mode hangs up. Last known good config also hangs up.

I suspect is some kind of driver problem..

I know it's not easy for everybody to just install windows XP and then SP3, but it's the best way..

Normally this kind of stuff happens when you have a corrupted registry with spyware or just to much bloated and sp3 changes things that other software uses and that kills the start of windows when everything is being loaded..

Ok well since last post I decided to remove the HD and back it up using another computer and an enclosure. After backup, I reformatted the HD and reinstalled in the computer. Changed the bios setting to boot from cd first and inserted the XP disk that came with the computer. Now the install gets hung up at: "Setup is opening Windows" blue screen. It just sits there forever. Left it for a few hours thinking it may just need time. But nothing. I thought the disk might be bad for some reason so I tried it in another computer and it seemed to work just fine.

Any ideas? Thx.