Joss Whedons "Dollhouse"

Dollhouse_logo.png

Dushku plays a young woman named Echo, a member of a group of people known as "Actives" or "Dolls" who have had their personalities wiped clean so they can be imprinted with any number of new personas, including memory, muscle memory, skills, and language, for different assignments. They're then hired out for particular jobs, crimes, fantasies, and occasional good deeds. In between tasks, they are mind-wiped into a child-like state and live in a futuristic dormitory/laboratory, a hidden facility nicknamed "The Dollhouse". The story follows Echo, who begins, in her mind-wiped state, to become self-aware.

Beyond Dushku's character, the show will also revolve around the people who run the mysterious "Dollhouse" and two other "Dolls", Victor and Sierra, a man and woman who are friendly with Echo. Although the Actives are ostensibly volunteers, the operation is highly illegal and under constant threat from Paul Smith, a determined federal agent who has heard a rumor about the dolls on one end and an insane rogue Active on the other.

Preview Clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W3IRhS_UNg.swf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIebI_QZhVs.swf

Promos

Dollhouse.jpg

Eliza.png

Eliza2.jpg

Airing : January 2009 for 13 Episodes @ 8pm EST Only on Fox

The premise to the show sounds cool. And, I've always loved Whedon's stuff (Buffy, Angel, Firefly, etc).

But, looking at the cast members, I just get this feeling that the show is going to be filled with ditsy wannabe-actors and the show is going to suffer for it.

the basic premise seems like a tv show version of the Island. Yeah there's a huge basic difference, but it's also very much the same.

ill check it out, looks a bit like big brother though :D

Yeah lets hope it gets given a good chance.

• 3 months later...

Dollhouse Shuts Down For Now

News has spread that Joss Whedon's new FOX series Dollhouse has temporality shut down production for two weeks. The story was first reported by Zap2it.com's Korbi Ghosh, who was told by a representative from 20th Century Fox (who are producing Dollhouse) that Whedon had asked for the time to regroup and focus on the writing room, on the heels of directing two of the first three episodes of the series.

Ghosh was told by the Fox rep, "We have every confidence that [the extra time] will allow Joss to make the show the best it can possibly be. It's very rare that you have a head writer who is also directing two episodes in a row. But we are happy that Joss is directing, because this is his vision."

However, TVWeek.com's Josef Adalian is now raising questions about whether that's the whole story. While he quotes a spokesperson from 20th as saying the show has the "luxury of extra time,", since it doesn't premiere until January, Adalian goes on to say that there is concern about Dollhouse from some Fox executives.

Adalian says a source familiar with the situation tells him that there are concerns inside the network regarding "the fundamental underpinnings of the show." These concerns include worry over whether Eliza Dushku's main character is someone easy to root for ? the series focuses on her character Echo, who exists in a childlike state until she is programmed with a temporary new personality by those who run "the Dollhouse" of the title. Adalian says the concern is whether an audience can invest in a character who has "no free will or ability to do much beyond what she's told to do."

The other concern Adalian reports is that the early episodes are confusing and hard to follow. A second pilot episode was shot for Dollhouse, after Whedon acknowledged elements that could use clarification in his first pilot. However, the TVWeek report says that some network executives feel at least some of these early concerns have continued in subsequent scripts.

Dollhouse will resume production on September 25th.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gotta love that marketing. Terminator. Follow the trend! get some summer glau wet and half naked. Scratch that, lets go with totally naked :)

Ima need this in high res asap. Rappy you must tear apart the interwebs. These are some background worthy wallpapers :)

Edited by Xero

Gotta love that marketing. Terminator. Follow the trend! get some summer glau wet and half naked. Scratch that, lets go with totally naked :)

Ima need this in high res asap. Rappy you must tear apart the interwebs. These are some background worthy wallpapers :)

You can be assured I am working on it!

Wow, was that...just...awful. I guess I'll have to wait for a Whedon produced ad before I decide whether Dollhouse will be worth a watch. Based on this ill-conceived marketing 101 drivel (the "grindhouse" revamp DIED in theaters for a reason). I wouldn't give either show the time of day. :(

I have high hopes for this show. Joss Whedon has won my trust with Firefly. He'll sure as hell have it with Dollhouse. I can't wait to see it! :)