Update for Windows Vista (KB952709)

There were 8 updates for patch tuesday today for me including this one I believe.

This wasn't in the updates I installed from Windows Updates today.

my bad. your right it wasn't included in the patches for Today through windows update. :o

why not? If it enhances performance ?

my bad. your right it wasn't included in the patches for Today through windows update. :o

why not? If it enhances performance ?

I was wondering same, why not a windows update?

unless they know guinea pigs like us will try it out first LOL before releasing to the masses

It installed, but I see this in the event log:

"Windows Servicing identified that package KB952709(Update) is not applicable for this system"

I see this a good bit after installing updates so I'm not sure what installing this did other than waste my time :/

It installed, but I see this in the event log:

"Windows Servicing identified that package KB952709(Update) is not applicable for this system"

I see this a good bit after installing updates so I'm not sure what installing this did other than waste my time :/

You sure you're downloading the right version for you PC? x32/x64?

I get this in Event Viewer

The Windows update "Update for Windows (KB952709)" was successfully installed. (Command line: ""C:\Windows\system32\wusa.exe" "C:\Download\Windows6.0-KB952709-x86.msu" ")

Hopefully the KB will be up soon.

hmm, the lack of a kb article is kinda bad.

I read Vista and Performance in the same line and I'm installing, KB'ed or not!! :D haha.

Not like I ever had poor performance with it, but if it can be better why not!

You sure you're downloading the right version for you PC? x32/x64?

Yep, used 64-bit just like I'm supposed to. Perhaps the update only affects performance if certain software is installed?

interestingly as soon as i installed this update, rebooted my computer, i got the next 6 patches. pretty good day's worth of updates (Y)