Limbo of the Lost Dev Steals Assets From Other Games

?Limbo of the Lost (PC), the latest adventure title from the three-man team at Majestic Studios, appears to have stolen multiple assets and environments from Bethesda's two-year-old open-world RPG The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC, PS3, 360).?

While Oblivion arrived in 2006, Limbo of the Lost was just released this past May. GamesPlasma originally noticed the uncanny similarities between the two and has provided multiple comparison shots.

source

Edited by castor_troyuk

Looks like they didn't even try and rehash it, they just copied it straight over... They could have some serious legal issues on their hands now :/

1000th post :D

WOW

They didn't try hiding it at all really. They're going to be so screwed it's not even funny. Looks like all they did was slap signs and snow on everything. The character even looks completely out of place in all the shots. Just look at the snow on the ground. You can tell it wasn't meant to be there.

"Dude...it's too obvious we stole this area from Unreal Tournament. Throw some snow around, they'll never notice. Dude...everyone will recognize these doors and walls from Wolfenstein. Slap a sign on it, they'll never notice. Trust me"

:p

So far the list is:

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion,

Diablo II

Painkiller

Unreal Tournament 2003

Unreal Tournament 2004

Thief: Deadly Shadows

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Crysis

Return to Castle Wolfenstein

World of Warcraft

scenes from the 1997 film Spawn

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

:):)

The really surprising thing is that it took them 6 years to make that game. I know there's only 3 people that worked on it, but that's still a very long time - if you're stealing assets like that, you could knock a crappy game together in a matter of weeks.

Obviously, their thievery skills are about as good as their programming skills.

Seems they have a Behind the Scenes video to accompany the making of the game

Latest addition to the list is Beetlejuice :o

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p...p;postcount=653

I've been following this for almost a week, I'd have thought people here woulda made a bigger deal of such blatant plaigarism

Edited by castor_troyuk

sorry to rebump this again, but someone has completed this disasterpiece

Did they get sued yet? :huh:

Not yet, they're still MIA. Apparently they're on vacation.

You guys realise that chances are, this was all done deliberately? I mean games this ****ty get released all the time, yet everyone's focusing on this one and that'll probably quadruple sales of it.