[Official] LittleBigPlanet: Play, Create, Share!

LittleBigPlanet E3 2008: Developer Walkthrough

Customize your character, create your own levels, and so much more.

Video: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36540.html

Gamespot have a Q&A and developer walkthough later today on their Gamespot E3 Live stream - I'll update everyone before it starts.

Can't wait to play this in October, it's probably going to be my GOTY - Sorry MGS4 and every other awesome game coming out :( ;) Don't even think Fallout3 or Fable 2 can shift me (super pumped about them), but we'll see!

WhatIfGaming E3 08′: LittleBigPlanet Beta Coming This September

That?s right. This September, most likely near the 1st week, LittleBigPlanet will definitely have the beta launch ready for fans eagerly awaiting the wondrous dreaming spectacle of the infinitely large world that makes it up.

Alex Evans, Co-Founder, Media Molecule: We?re ready for it, and this game just has to get out October. Mark (Healey) is having a boy soon and this bad boy has to be done before theWhatIfGaming: So, no delay?nothing? Solid for October 2008 on Blu-ray disc oAEAE: Yes. There will be no delay and it will be ready tWhatIfGamingng: So the beta will take place SeptemAEAE: You got it. AbsolutWhatIfGamingng: So is it for underground members only or will there be a site for selection or somethAEAE: It will be a public beta, but limited at the same time. We will disclose that info when we?re ready.

We would like to thank Alex Evans for taking the time to speak with us about LittleBigPlanet.

Source: http://whatifgaming.com/whatifgaming-e3-08...-this-september

Edited by Audioboxer

Thanks again, AB!

I'm hoping that LBP will be my GOTY too, it just has so much potential!

Yeah I'll definitely be creating a Neowin level and putting in graphics from the board (like NW logo, ect).

Maybe make DirtyLarry a boss at the end like the dudes in the video above :p

Awman, I'll be importing user pics left, right and center ;)

Yeah I'll definitely be creating a Neowin level and putting in graphics from the board (like NW logo, ect).

LOL

That would be awesome, maybe create a cardboard fail-boat?

>_<

Now I'm worried that you'll be building a photo archive...

Now I'm worried that you'll be building a photo archive...

I already have it, it's in the "Introduce Yourself" section of the board ;)

I already have it, it's in the "Introduce Yourself" section of the board ;)

time to post more images of myself...

not really that phyced for this game, hopefully it'll be a pleasant suprise.

Who could be the final boss in NW LBP? Neobond himself?

time to post more images of myself...

not really that phyced for this game, hopefully it'll be a pleasant suprise.

Who could be the final boss in NW LBP? Neobond himself?

Just the Gamers Hangout.... lol.

either way the standard enemy grunt should be stereotypically whiny 12 year old Xbox 360 fanboys :p

Lol, now that, would be awesome.

This is the game im looking forward to the most, do we know what time this starts in UK time?
10am Sonic Unleashed , Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood , Skate It

11am Flower , Killzone 2 , SIREN: Blood Curse

12pm LittleBigPlanet , Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe , Tom Clancy's EndWar

1pm Crysis Warhead , Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 , Buzz! Quiz TV

2pm Spore , Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II , Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway

3pm Halo Wars , Star Wars: The Force Unleashed , NBA Live 09

4pm Mercenaries 2: World in Flames , UFC 2009 Undisputed , New Xbox 360 Game

5pm Tomb Raider Underworld , Resident Evil 5 , Dark Void

6pm TNA iMPACT! , Bionic Commando , Lego Batman

7pm Fable II , Left 4 Dead , Project Origin

Flower and Killzone 2 before it with SIREN (Y)

I think 11am/12pm is about 7/8pm at night in the UK, I'll confirm it for you.

http://e3.gamespot.com/live.html

Ok can someone really tell me whats the big deal about this game. I know it's all abhout user created content, but whats the point in making a level then playing it though. I can't see the appeal yet, anyone wanna go ahead and explain why this is such a big deal. If spore is anything to go by, expect levels of penis monsters everywhere

Ok can someone really tell me whats the big deal about this game. I know it's all abhout user created content, but whats the point in making a level then playing it though. I can't see the appeal yet, anyone wanna go ahead and explain why this is such a big deal. If spore is anything to go by, expect levels of penis monsters everywhere

The point is playing through other peoples levels, not really playing through your own.

Essentially gives the game a limitless lifespan - The whole SP game the developers are making, some 40-50 levels, is all created by the in-game editor - So essentially someone could make "LBP2" by creating another 40/50 levels if you catch my drift.

Creating levels is there for people who want to offer something to the community and grow their e-penis through their level becoming most popular and highest rated.

I assume you know there is going to be a whole multiplayer network built on LBP?

Create, Share, Play ;)

Video: http://n4g.com/events_e32008/News-170736.aspx

Gamespot have a Q&A and developer walkthough later today on their Gamespot E3 Live stream - I'll update everyone before it starts.

Can't wait to play this in October, it's probably going to be my GOTY - Sorry MGS4 and every other awesome game coming out :( ;) Don't even think Fallout3 or Fable 2 can shift me (super pumped about them), but we'll see!

I alittle premature to say that don't you think? I think other games are showing more promise that they could be GOTY but its far too early to say anything.

I alittle premature to say that don't you think? I think other games are showing more promise that they could be GOTY but its far too early to say anything.

I love platformers and I've seen enough of LBP to know what it contains - I'm a creative person, and I'll spend hours creating content, especially my talked about NW level :woot: I spent a lot of time with spore, and that was just a creature creator, not a creature and level creator.

Just how I feel (Y)

GOTY was an assumption though, as you can see I said "probably" - My GOTY isn't made till the end of the year, only fair to play every title on my list.

Edited by Audioboxer

OMG so in number 1 for my GOTY just now (if it delivers, but cmon, I couldn't be any more certain it will haha).

Live on Gamespot, just watched it. This is nuts :|

The guy built a drum beat box within a LBP level :o

You guys will love watching this clip later tonight :woot: They showed a fairly big chunk of how sharing will work, how it will be easy to find good levels. They showed off a new level, customization and creating again. Spoke about Home and Trophies as well and you got a good look at the front end of the game - The mini space ship you access the create/play planets from. You can even customize the inside of that!

4 player co-op as we know, offline and online and on 1-4 PS3s. Jump in and out any time.

Scoreboards for levels and creators as we know as well - The best levels and creators with the highest rankings will benefit.

They said trophies will be in the game for the play and create element. Meaning trophy ###### will need to do some creating also ;)

My jealously levels for anyone beta testing this are 10x higher than anyone who was jealous I got MGS4 early. FU beta testers, go to hell :p

This WILL ship hardware, count on it!

Edited by Audioboxer

Really annoying that this is PS3 exclusive, might be the game to make me get a PS3 if it delivers.

LittleBigPlanet would be impossible on the 360*

*disclaimer - the above might not be true

For the guy that doesn't get this game:

One of the reason source based games are so huge is because of the community behind them, pumping out map/mods that enhance the game. CS/TF2/ETC.! Now think about the possibilities with LBP given the fact that it's incredibly much easier to produce content.