Half-Life 2 - Does still make dizzy?

Half-Life 1 HL 2 (ep 1) are the only games that have given me severe migranes, motion sickness (to point I had to rest/sleep) etc.

From what I remember reading on the subject, the POV of the game is different from all the others in that its slightly above Gordon's head.

I remember about reading that in the console that: sv_cheats 1; fov 90 makes a huge difference or eliminates the problem for some people.

I loved HL Ep 1 (and played it all the way through as I loved the story) but I'm afraid that EP 2 is going to make me dizzy again.

Has anyone that has played the game and gotten motion sickness, confirm that when FOV 90 is used that it stops the problem?

Portal, when I'm going ridiculously fast from portal to portal, but apart from that, no. Half Life 2, or the episodes, have never made me dizzy. A little on edge, seriously ****ed off (see: Episode 2's Final Battle), and even upset, but never dizzy :p

I have a friend that has the same problem. Half Life 2 makes him dizzy, but Portal doesn't. :s But anyways, all three Orange Box games now allow you to change FOV using the video settings dialog box.

Oh and Episode Two's ending is the most epic out of all three HL2 games. You won't be disappointed (but you might cry :ninja:).

I have a friend that has the same problem. Half Life 2 makes him dizzy, but Portal doesn't. :s But anyways, all three Orange Box games now allow you to change FOV using the video settings dialog box.

Oh and Episode Two's ending is the most epic out of all three HL2 games. You won't be disappointed (but you might cry :ninja:).

I have to admit, it was definitely emotionally impacting. The way valve did the scene though was definitely well executed.

Episode 2 is bloody amazing. I'd say it was worth the wait. You need to get it :p

I have to admit, it was definitely emotionally impacting. The way valve did the scene though was definitely well executed.

Episode 2 is bloody amazing. I'd say it was worth the wait. You need to get it :p

any word on when the next episode in suppose to be release?

Half-Life 1 HL 2 (ep 1) are the only games that have given me severe migranes, motion sickness (to point I had to rest/sleep) etc.

From what I remember reading on the subject, the POV of the game is different from all the others in that its slightly above Gordon's head.

I remember about reading that in the console that: sv_cheats 1; fov 90 makes a huge difference or eliminates the problem for some people.

I loved HL Ep 1 (and played it all the way through as I loved the story) but I'm afraid that EP 2 is going to make me dizzy again.

Has anyone that has played the game and gotten motion sickness, confirm that when FOV 90 is used that it stops the problem?

I'm afraid that taking your user name into account, you will keep feeling "dizzy."

the pov doesn't change the height, it changes how much you see, if it's making you dizzy messing with it should help.

Don't read my blog ;)

I just played through the last level of Half-Life? 2: Episode Two and didn't feel any sort of dizziness. I guess it's different for most people. There is an option to change the field of view in the advanced video settings. Play around with it until you're okay to play the game without getting dizzy.

The only game to ever affect me like that is Portal. I can't play for more than a few levels at a time because the constant flipping around just makes me ill :x

But it's totally worth it :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

I played HL-2 EP 2 about 3 hours straight last night. I was perfectly fine. I opened a console and typed in default_fov 90. That said, I would have turned it off within 10 minutes otherwise - at which point I used to feel sick. Thanks Valve! :(

It used to be at a point where before I would almost feel like throwing up. I'd have a giant migrane and have to sleep for a few hours. That's not cool and no game should ever do that. Uber-scary rides in amusement parks would never come close to making me feel that way.

That's strange. I've never once felt ill from play any of the games in The Orange Box.

But as others above said, you can alter the view. You can even down-grade the framerate if you feel it's too high for you.

Wow, I thought I was the only one. I get that way after playing for about an hr or so. Even if i change my framrate, resolution, it just doesn't matter.

I also have this problem and it sucks cause I bought the orange box but can't play hl2 'cause I get sick really fast. The worst part is that this is like the ONLY fps/game in which I have this problem, I can go a whole day with other games and don't get sick at all, but hl2 I can only play for like 5 mins :(

I'll try the fov thingy to see if it fixes it for me... I hope it does.

I've honestly never heard of this issue until now. Perhaps some of you contacting Valve and discussing the issue is a good bet? They may even make an option to adjust the camera control in Ep 3.

• 3 weeks later...
I've honestly never heard of this issue until now. Perhaps some of you contacting Valve and discussing the issue is a good bet? They may even make an option to adjust the camera control in Ep 3.

June 9, 2008 - Portal And Half-life 2: Episode 2 Update Released

Updates to Portal and Half-Life 2: Episode 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

- Added a new advanced video option that allows the user to easily change the field of view to any value they wish between 75 degrees and 90 degrees