Nice conversation window touch in Messenger 2009

Most people think the colorization in the conversation window is bugged. But, today, I noticed this. A mate of mine installed Messenger 2009 and changed his contact list header background.

Suddenly, I could see it in his conversation window!

Sure, it still is bugged that it doesn't autocolor the default window, but this is such a nice touch I just had to post it.

My window:

post-151800-1221850610_thumb.jpg

Mates window:

post-151800-1221850623_thumb.jpg

They certainly have style at Microsoft! Way to go!

I know you can change the contact list header, and I know it has been posted numerous times.

But that all your buddies with Messenger 2009 can see your header in their conversation window with you, is new.

as long as your contact list does not consist or 13-16 year olds or jonas brothers fans ... i'm fairly certaing the header won't bother you at all :p

Hey! :D

I'm 16 years old, have a simple landscape as background, my nickname is just my name and I still know how to spell when chatting with people...

We're not all evil!

I'm very sceptical about this feature. It doesn't really make it clear anywhere that your contacts will be able to see the picture you set apart from a small greyed-out notice at the top of the Scene-selection window that I didn't read when I was first playing around with scenes and I doubt many other people did either.

sorry to be noob but where do you add picture too header from default look kinda thing can't seem to find it ?

In the top right of the contact list window, there's a little paint button, when you click and open it, under the scene section select custom, and then browse :).

And I personally don't like this feature simply because I like everything to be uniform.

@RebelSean:

Do you know if they plan on making this feature an option. So we would be able to disable or enable it?

As I know a lot of people who wouldn't like it.

Also, they need to make it more obvious, because many people I have spoken to think it is a bug as their conversation window's don't change automatically to their colour FIRST & then show the contact's colour when they themselves have changed theirs. (although, I myself understand that the reason why other conversation windows are blue by default is because the recipient's WLM is blue by default).

I'm not sure as of right now cJr. It all depends on how many people opt to have it as an option. I agree with your point as well.

And I personally don't like this feature simply because I like everything to be uniform.

Yeah, same. I even have msg+ to force everyone to use the same font and colour. Everything looks so neat and tidy.