How to remove MobileMe (OS X)

anything preinstalled on the prefpane cannot be removed. sorry. you can only remove the settings-whatever of apps installed by you that put them there.

It's annoying it just appeared out of nowhere, must be the 10.5.5 updated that did it.

Thanks for the quick replies guys, reminds me of the old Neowin days.

Edited by KeR

Bear in mind that if you remove the Pref Pane from the system, anything that calls for the MobileMe Pref Pane (lots of apps have MobileMe/.Mac suff built-in) might get you into problems.

It's annoying it just appeared out of nowhere, must be the 10.5.5 updated that did it.

yea, it did. i just noticed it yesterday when i synced my address book with gmail... never saw that before. i guess itd 10.5.5 aswell...

but then again... its just the preferences. ive never used the child lock (is it called like that on en english osx version?) aswell...

as long as you can get rid of the idisk, you should not worry too much about what has its tea in the prefpane. ;)

as for the idisk, the easiest way to remove it is to drag it out of the window :p First thing I did on my new Macbook Pro....as for the MobileMe icon in pref pane.....well i don't care about it that much so I didn't look into it