Sanctuary

Sanctuary.png

Sanctuary stars Canadian actress Amanda Tapping as Dr. Helen Magnus, an English exobiologist who seeks to help so-called 'monsters' by running the titular 'Sanctuary for All'. She recruits Dr. Will Zimmerman (Robin Dunne), a forensic psychiatrist, to assist her in reaching people and gaining their trust so they can be helped. Other Sanctuary staff include Henry Foss (Ryan Robbins), a weapons designer & computer expert; and Ashley Magnus (Emilie Ullerup), Helen's daughter and self-proclaimed monster hunter.

Did anyone else watch this? I thought it was really good, took a little while to get going but when it did it was rather good a bit like xmen but a poor mans version :p but still watchable!

yaah this show needed a thread. anything with amanda tapping should have advertising.

but yeah i thought it weas great. as long as they keep up the ideas for a 13 episode season it should be good.

oh she can't do an english accent.... at all

yaah this show needed a thread. anything with amanda tapping should have advertising.

but yeah i thought it weas great. as long as they keep up the ideas for a 13 episode season it should be good.

oh she can't do an english accent.... at all

Thats what she was trying to do? :p

He accent was really bad but I really like the concept and hope they keep the ideas flowing.

Yeah, the accent surprised me but it was kinda hot. :wub:

I'll keep watching this series since a lot of sci-fi actors are going to come in it. Dualla from BSG was in episode 1 as ex-girlfriend moving out of the apartment. :cool:

Yeah, the accent surprised me but it was kinda hot. :wub:

I'll keep watching this series since a lot of sci-fi actors are going to come in it. Dualla from BSG was in episode 1 as ex-girlfriend moving out of the apartment. :cool:

I thought I had seen that girl some where before!

I thought this weeks episode was rather good but its so sad that nearly everything on the show is CGI even the characters themselves don't look real at times!

It's an interesting show but it's too short. Amanda Tapping's accent was a pleasant surprise. My brain, conditioned from years of SG-1 episodes, was trying to "decipher" her real accent. It made her English accent even more fake. No offence to her though... she's a wonderful actor. Also, the sets don't look real so I assume they use a lot of green screens.

It's an interesting show but it's too short. Amanda Tapping's accent was a pleasant surprise. My brain, conditioned from years of SG-1 episodes, was trying to "decipher" her real accent. It made her English accent even more fake. No offence to her though... she's a wonderful actor. Also, the sets don't look real so I assume they use a lot of green screens.

They do heres a set picture...

Sanctuary%20Behind%20The%20Scenes%202.jpg

Hahahaha! I knew it. You can't blame them though. Perhaps they'll use real sets when they get a bigger budget.

Hahahaha! I knew it. You can't blame them though. Perhaps they'll use real sets when they get a bigger budget.

If it goes that far...

• 4 weeks later...

Sanctuary gets a Second Season!

Fear not, all forms of creatures, the "Sanctuary for all" will remain open for another season.

TVGuide.com has learned exclusively that Sci Fi channel has greenlit production on a second season of Sanctuary, ordering 13 new hours of the series.

"Sci Fi will continue to trail blaze the television landscape by further exploring the many worlds of Sanctuary through its unique green screen environments," said Mark Stern, Executive Vice President of Original Programming at Sci Fi. "Technology and great storytelling makes Sanctuary a fantastic addition to Sci Fi's 2009 lineup."

Sanctuary was created by Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis scribe Damian Kindler and stars the first lady of sci fi, Amanda Tapping, who also serves as executive producer. The show shoots the majority of its content using green screen environments and technology much like films Sin City and 300.

The show centers around Tapping's character ? the 157-year-old Dr. Helen Magnus ? a brilliant scientist who holds the secrets of a clandestine group of creatures known as "abnormals."

Magnus works alongside forensic psychiatrist Dr. Will Zimmerman (Robin Dunne), a techie Henry (Ryan Robbins) and her badass daughter Ashley (Emilie Ullerup), to help protect these threatened creatures as well as investigate the science and mystery behind their existence.

More than three million viewers tuned in to the premiere of Sanctuary on October 3, 2008 making it the highest rated original series premiere on Sci Fi since Eureka debuted in July 2006.

Sanctuary is slated to begin production in Vancouver early next year for a 2009 premiere.

Are you excited to see more Sanctuary?

• 8 months later...

:o she looks GOOD I wonder if she was actually on the conference floor I would love to see/meet her. Every year I wish I went to Comic Con. next year I'm definitely going anyone else wanna come? lol :)

yeah I kinda wanted to but I kinda forgot to buy the ticket lol. I think you have to buy them quite far in advance but yeah next year if I have the money.

I was writing for a film blog last year that paid for everything but I left them a few months back :( otherwise I could of been there this year!

I am thinking Neobond could fund an expedition...all the traffic I bring to this site ;)

haha I knew alot of people who went this year! hence the photos ;)

I was gonna say, you seem to be everywhere these days. :shiftyninja: