Iron Man 2 release date 7th May 2010

http://www.marvel.com/news/moviestories.57...Avengers_Update

Robert Downey, Jr. and Jon Favreau Suit Up For Marvel Studios' "The Avengers" and "Iron Man 2"

As part of his four picture deal with Marvel Studios, Robert Downey Jr. is appearing as Tony Stark in "The Avengers" motion picture, as well as reprising his starring role as the larger-than-life leading character in "Iron Man 2." Jon Favreau will return to direct the sequel to the blockbuster "Iron Man," which to date has grossed over $578 million worldwide, as well as executive produce "The Avengers."

Academy Award? nominee Downey was most recently seen in the summer comedy blockbuster "Tropic Thunder" starring opposite Ben Stiller and Jack Black. Before "Iron Man," he was best known for his film roles in "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang," "Wonder Boys" and "Chaplin," the film for which he was nominated for an Oscar?.

In addition to directing the first "Iron Man," Favreau has previously directed "Elf," "Zathura: A Space Adventure" and "Made." He is also well known for writing and starring in "Swingers." He will next be seen acting in "Four Christmasses," "I Love You Man" and "Couples Retreat."

Don Cheadle Will Star as Rhodey in "Iron Man 2"

Marvel Studios is pleased today to confirm that an agreement has been finalized with award-winning actor Don Cheadle to take on the role of Colonel James "Rhodey" Rhodes in Marvel's "Iron Man 2" due in theaters on May 7, 2010. In casting Cheadle, Marvel replaces Terrence Howard who appeared in the role of Rhodey in Iron Man.

Cheadle is also signed on to perform the same role in "The Avengers" and subsequent installments of the "Iron Man" franchise.

"We are very excited about working with the extraordinarily talented Don Cheadle as we expand the role of Rhodey in 'Iron Man 2.' It has already become apparent as we prep the movie for production, that the dynamic between Robert and Don will take 'Iron Man 2' to new heights," said Kevin Feige, President of Marvel Studios.

Cheadle is best known for his Oscar? nominated lead performance in "Hotel Rwanda" as well as his role as Basher Tarr in the "Ocean's" franchise, "Crash" and "Swordfish."

Based on Marvel's iconic Super Hero, "Iron Man 2" continues the story of this summer's box office blockbuster IRON MAN, the first feature film produced independently by Marvel Studios. "Iron Man 2" will be produced by Marvel Studios' President, Kevin Feige, and executive produced by Louis D'Esposito, Jon Favreau, Stan Lee, David Maisel and Denis Stewart.

In a movie event, "The Avengers" will bring together the super hero team of Marvel Comics characters for the first time ever, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, the Hulk and more, as they are forced to band together to battle the biggest foe they've ever faced.

The highly anticipated sequel to "Iron Man" will be released in theatres on May 7, 2010 and "The Avengers" will be released July 15, 2011. Both films will be distributed by Paramount Pictures.

Yea, you bet they'd stress how "excited" they are to work with Don Cheadle, since clearly he is no match for Terry Howard in this role. It's a downgrade, not an upgrade, and fans know it. This isn't Hotel Rowanda.

I don't know what everyone is griping about. I think Cheadle's a great actor. Plus it barely counts as a supporting role so it's not like the whole movie is focus on his character for the viewers to really take notice in the small change. I'm sure he'll handle the role just fine. I'm more excited about seeing Iron Man again.

Can't wait!!

They are better not screwing it tough =_=

It's rumored to have WarMachine in it. And I like more WM than IM lol.

• 1 month later...

Tim Robbins Cast?

Tim Robbins will play Tony Stark's father Howard in the Iron Man sequel, according to Latino Review.

The Shawshank Redemption star will reportedly appear in flashback sequences that tie in with forthcoming Marvel films The Avengers and Captain America.

In the comic books, Howard Stark is the founder of Stark Industries. After his death, his son Tony inherits the company before taking on the guise of Iron Man.

Director Jon Favreau and leading man Robert Downey Jr. will return for the sequel.

• 3 weeks later...

Mickey Rourke is "Crimson Dynamo"

Marvel has just announced today that Mickey Rourke is in talks to join Jon Favreau's Iron Man 2! Rourke is in discussions to play a villain described as Tony Stark's Russian alter ego, a heavily tattooed bruiser who is in the arms trade and battles Iron Man in his own nuclear-powered armored suit. While it hasn't been confirmed, considering Marvel and Paramount are keeping the script (which is still being written) under lock and key, speculation is that the villain is Crimson Dynamo. No other details were revealed about the highly anticipated sequel at this time. How about that for a casting announcement?!

This is the second major casting news for Rourke today, following confirmation that he also joined Sylvester Stallone's The Expendables. This is easily the greatest acting comeback we've seen in years. As for the villain, the original Crimson Dynamo first appeared in Tales of Suspense #46 in 1963. There have been 12 various Crimson Dynamo incantations over the years, so it's likely this one is being written specifically for the cinematic Iron Man universe. While we were already very excited about Iron Man 2, this news makes it even more highly anticipated, if possible. Paramount will debut Iron Man 2 on May 7th, 2010.

HOLY CRAP!

Rockwell will play a British villain named Justin Hammer, a multibillionaire businessman and a rival of industrialist of Tony Stark.

Also expect Whiplash to be cast soon as well, infact Variety are reporting that Rourke will play Whiplash and not Crimson...crazy casting day!

"The highly anticipated sequel to "Iron Man" will be released in theatres on May 7, 2010 and "The Avengers" will be released July 15, 2011. Both films will be distributed by Paramount Pictures."

marked calendar on those 2 days!

Marvel Studios is really starting to get on my nerves, check this out.

I saw ['Iron Man' and 'Iron Man 2' director] Jon Favreau at the Scream Awards and we had a conversation. He said, ?I hope things are working out for you because we?re writing stuff for you.? Then all of a sudden last week I talked to my agents and manager and things aren?t really working that well.

There was a huge kind of negotiation that broke down. I don?t know. Maybe I won?t be Nick Fury. Maybe somebody else will be Nick Fury or maybe Nick Fury won?t be in it. There seems to be an economic crisis in the Marvel Comics world so [they're saying to me], ?We?re not making that deal.?

Source[/b]fury/"]Source

If they are too cheap to cast Jackson as Nick Fury I'm going to be really ****ed off. Replacing War Machine is one thing, Nick Fury, wtf! Not only does he look picture perfect for the role, much like Downey, but if history has taught us anything, Downey couldn't be better suited and same goes for Samuel. Besides look at how much money the last one made.

Recasting Samuel L. Jackson, I think, would be a huge mistake. I've been looking forward to Iron Man 2 since I heard about it, but right now, I'm not feeling very confident in this movie. Marvel has been making a lot of questionable decisions lately.

If they are too cheap to cast Jackson as Nick Fury I'm going to be really ****ed off. Replacing War Machine is one thing, Nick Fury, wtf! Not only does he look picture perfect for the role, much like Downey, but if history has taught us anything, Downey couldn't be better suited and same goes for Samuel. Besides look at how much money the last one made.

FYI - Jackson gave his consent for Nick Fury to be re-designed in his likeness.....the original Nick Fury was Caucasian, the Iron Man movie version of Nick Fury portrays the Nick Fury re-design from The Ultimates #1 (March 2002). If they stuck to the original Nick Fury, Jackson would have no business portraying Nick Fury.