PSP 421k

Xbox 360 836k

Wii 2.04M

DS 1.57M

1zpqurs.jpg

AVGN-Ricki1.gif

2 ****ing million.

That is ridiculous.

My argument about Wii being a household name earlier?.... take notice guys :laugh: Argue yourselves out of 2million units in a month :p

Really good 360 sales.

PS3 needs a price-cut badly.

PS2 still going strong.

PSP shipping good hardware as always.

DS dominating alongside Wii.

Edited by Audioboxer

Oh the Wii. My brother ended up selling ours from last Christmas after the standard 2 months of Wii Sports. Everybody I know buys one and plays it for about a month. I just wish people could see a couple months down the road.

What is the attachment rate on games per system (for the Wii)? Even with all the holiday sales, the PS3 still is slumping. Sony needs to work out some sort of price cut quick!

Yup, christmas is going to hit the PS3 hard since they're not planning a price cut until april. 360 is completely trouncing the ps3 and by the time their price cut comes it will be in the dead season trailing by miles.

Good news for the Wii though, that's pretty epic sales.

Oi. Don't bring other threads into this one. I already told you my argument about how sales don't correlate to what we're talking about so I don't know how this would change anything. That's an unnecessary comment.

Impressive, though.

-Spenser

Oi. Don't bring other threads into this one. I already told you my argument about how sales don't correlate to what we're talking about so I don't know how this would change anything. That's an unnecessary comment.

Chillax Spenser dude, it's a joke :p

Oh the Wii. My brother ended up selling ours from last Christmas after the standard 2 months of Wii Sports. Everybody I know buys one and plays it for about a month. I just wish people could see a couple months down the road.

What is the attachment rate on games per system (for the Wii)? Even with all the holiday sales, the PS3 still is slumping. Sony needs to work out some sort of price cut quick!

Same reason I sold mine.

360 is smashing the competition in attachment rate at 8 to 1 beating both the Wii and PS3 combined. $400 million USD a month just in 3rd party tittles. People buy a Wii to party, people buy a 360 to play games.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/xbox...s-to-8-1-titles

both my roomates had a wii and sold theres after about 2 months, but we are still holding strong to our 360s. We actually had 5 360s and 4 people living in 1 house. Granted 1 had a dead dvd drive :)

Too bade resale numbers aren't mentioned in counts like this. Bet you Wii leads in that category too. ;)

As interesting as that would be to see, it really wouldn't matter. Ninty (and the other two) have made their money off of the numbers in these reports. I doubt they could care that much if people sold their console away.

-Spenser

As interesting as that would be to see, it really wouldn't matter. Ninty (and the other two) have made their money off of the numbers in these reports. I doubt they could care that much if people sold their console away.

-Spenser

I understand this and the comment was not made to the effect of Nintendo caring. They did get their money, yes... but as many have said: it's only a matter of time until the novelty wears off. Flood the market with resales and well... you get the idea.

Too bade resale numbers aren't mentioned in counts like this. Bet you Wii leads in that category too. ;)

That's would make the retail number even more impressive. They managed to sell 2M and that's with all of the second-hand units selling too.

and that is why it was horrible that M$ entered the market. Nintendo vs Sega was epic, Nintendo vs Sony was epic...enter M$ and their bottomless pockets and gaming goes to #$%^

screw competition and creativity microsoft will just buy everything and ruin console gaming like they ruined pc gaming.

and that is why it was horrible that M$ entered the market. Nintendo vs Sega was epic, Nintendo vs Sony was epic...enter M$ and their bottomless pockets and gaming goes to #$%^

screw competition and creativity microsoft will just buy everything and ruin console gaming like they ruined pc gaming.

you sound so smart writing MS with a dollar sign :rolleyes:

yeah, MS ruined PC gaming, except among the companies to be bought up, they are definately the best company to buy up gaming studios. I'm no EA hater, but I by far preer game studios being owned by MS over EA or Ubisoft.

As for nintendo vs Sony being epic.... Nintendo is barely mentioned anymore because while their consoles sell, no gams for it sells, people don't buy the gams, just the consoles, and they don't use them after they play them. Eversince consoles went 3D, Nintendo has been pretty much crap, their consoles are undrpowered, and IMO theystarted by making games 3D just to be 3D, without any thought to good gameplay. Mario 64 was total crap compared to any previus Mario game. Though with the latest Mario and Zelda they're starting to get back on track I guess. But still when it comes o modern gaming, Nintendo isn't a name that comes to mind.

So far I'd say all the best games this generation, as well as the most, are on the microsoft console. It also doesn't seem like MS has an interest in buying everything. Then they would have snapped Bizarre and Bioware before Ubi and EA respetively among other studios. They even released Bungie to partially owned studio.

In fact with this and the stupid $ thing, you just sounds like one of those MS hater who hates MS just for the sake of hating without having any real reason for it, except for being among the "cool" kids who hates MS.

you sound so smart writing MS with a dollar sign :rolleyes:

yeah, MS ruined PC gaming, except among the companies to be bought up, they are definately the best company to buy up gaming studios. I'm no EA hater, but I by far preer game studios being owned by MS over EA or Ubisoft.

As for nintendo vs Sony being epic.... Nintendo is barely mentioned anymore because while their consoles sell, no gams for it sells, people don't buy the gams, just the consoles, and they don't use them after they play them. Eversince consoles went 3D, Nintendo has been pretty much crap, their consoles are undrpowered, and IMO theystarted by making games 3D just to be 3D, without any thought to good gameplay. Mario 64 was total crap compared to any previus Mario game. Though with the latest Mario and Zelda they're starting to get back on track I guess. But still when it comes o modern gaming, Nintendo isn't a name that comes to mind.

So far I'd say all the best games this generation, as well as the most, are on the microsoft console. It also doesn't seem like MS has an interest in buying everything. Then they would have snapped Bizarre and Bioware before Ubi and EA respetively among other studios. They even released Bungie to partially owned studio.

In fact with this and the stupid $ thing, you just sounds like one of those MS hater who hates MS just for the sake of hating without having any real reason for it, except for being among the "cool" kids who hates MS.

Yeah I haven't heard that a million times, "you are so smart using a $ sign in M$".

Why does that make me dumb?

If you were around in the 90's or are any kind of gamer with respect for the culture you would be in agreement with me.

M$=the suck

Honestly do I need to spell out why?

Yeah I haven't heard that a million times, "you are so smart using a $ sign in M$".

Why does that make me dumb?

If you were around in the 90's or are any kind of gamer with respect for the culture you would be in agreement with me.

M$=the suck

Honestly do I need to spell out why?

I was definately around in the 90's and I still disagree. I've probably been gaming far longer than you.

Microsoft made a more popular console than Sony and they're doing better for it. I don't know how giving the consumers more choice is a bad thing. It's not like they've forced anyone to buy an Xbox. Obviously you haven't been paying much attention as of late, but Microsoft hasn't bought anything recently in the way of development studios and in fact, they've been letting studios they own go independent from them.

If you don't like it, I guess it sucks to be you, but I and many other think Microsoft is one of the better things to happen to console gaming in a long time.

-Spenser

You know, writing complete nonsense just makes you look dumb. Microsoft brought competition to the market, not the contrary.

So, any examples of M$ (yeah, clever) ruining console and PC gaming? Please, do share.

Um right. You do know if MS didn't go into the console market, then we'd only have the PS3 has the main gaming console?? (ignoring the wii).

Which means it would have been more expensive than it was at launch (if thats even possible), and would probably still be at that price.

Competition is a good thing.

You know, writing complete nonsense just makes you look dumb. Microsoft brought competition to the market, not the contrary.

So, any examples of M$ (yeah, clever) ruining console and PC gaming? Please, do share.

+1, please bobby, prove to us why you make such moronic statements.

XBOX Live says hi.