[INS] Insomniacs Clan - Killzone 2 Matches Taking Place Now!

[iNS] Insomniacs Clan

Introduction:

For some time I?ve put some thought into making this topic on Neowin, but have always put it off for one reason or another. The primary reason was the outcome of the Neowin Matches topic which turned into people posting replies on games they wanted to play but never coming back to ever arrange something.

The 360 community however is much stronger on Neowin when there is some structure around it, which is what INS intends to do.

The Clan:b>

So the object behind INS is to create a clan of 360 gamers from the Microsoft sub-forum. We want to emphasise the social aspect behind this clan as opposed to your traditional one where you must puxi> amount of hours in each week. We want to play for fun with a group of likeminded gamers who are interested in playing with people they know. We do ask however those members are active within the clan and don?t sign up simply to be part of something. We want to play games as much as possible, a few times a week is enough, but real life responsibilities obviously come first. We aren?t asking for the best of the best either or that you have 1337 skills, we want to play for fun. Sometimes however to progress our skills we may play against one another and of course sharing game play tips and strategies are part of being a clan which can all be discussed on Neowin and in-gaWhich Games?:?:

INS isn?t interested in playing one game tirelessly and becoming the best clan online. We wish to play the latest and greatest games out, finding one which is fun to play as a clan and then moving onto the next game. There can be a different game every night for instance, which we may play for a few months in order to rank up/unlock weapons, however long before the game becomes boring or something replaces it.

We won?t ask you to buy every new game out just to participate in the clan, if something doesn?t interest you, you can simply back out for the night. This leads us back to our social outlook on the clan as we all have our niche titles which interest us.

We aren?t just looking for FPS gamers either, so don?t count yourself out yet if you?re interested but don?t feel good enough to join. We can play any genre going as long as there is some sort of Clan Rules:

All credit goes to Sethos for writi1:rulesti1:rules

1: You need to be able to play at least once a week. We respect the fact that most people have a job and a family to take care of and won't kick anybody for not having time some weeks, though we still expect people to show some degree of activity and make an effort in joi2:-matches.

2: We are a social clan and therefore we also require you to own and use a microphone when playing. This does not mean you have to act like a radio station but no need to be mute for 3:traight.

3: We will never ask you to buy a game, though we expect members to have an interest in the newer titles and buying them on their own accord. This means when the clan has slowly filled up with people who bought a certain title, we can start focusing on that for a bit. We do jump between quite a few games, some older, some newer - We might even check which games people have and then set up games accordingly. (In case you st4:the game)

4: Be nice to each other. As stated in number 2, we are a social clan. We don't tolerate arguments carried on from the forums or players trying to ruin the fun by smack talking and being an ass. ( Frustrations from being noobtubed for the 5th time and calling Munky an ass for fragsSign Up: )Credit to Sethos for creating the clan websitethe clan website

So we are now accepting people into the clan via Playfire's website. The link is here. We figured this would be the best way to start the clan off as many people created a profile over summer already, and as its easy way to accept and manage members but we also have access to our own private forum. It's a free solution for now until the clan has matured enough for us to create our own website. I've already got some ideas which I'll put down on paper soon to work with and will update the topic when I can. So sign up for Playfire, create your profile and joUpdate33;

Update

TJ, clan is just the name people know these gaming groups by. We of course won't be like those kids on CS with racist comments or smack talking/1337 attitudes. Neowin :yes:tter than that :yes:

Mail, we will be playing both UK and US times. It is fine if you can only play during reasonable hours here in GMT, there is no strict rules that you must stay up all night to game. If you want to take part in transatlantic games then that is by all means fine. It won't always be possible for myself or Sethos to stay up until 3am to play with our American friends. However, over the xmas period for example we will be doing so likely.

To the othernecessary is necessary when gaming in gaming groups like we want to achieve. If you aren't always able to use the microphone then that is ok. If it was more regular than not, or you don't use mic at all its too much of a problem. Sorry, we don't want to make the rules too strict, but as gamers you realise how important communication is online, especially when it matters most if you're the last man standing. We will be putting the NXE features to full use here no doubt and most of all we want to have fun talking whilest gaming. If you have a problem with another member in a group I'd suggest settling your differences or just forgetting about the topic if thats not possible. We want to make a tight group of online friends here who can learn and game together without issues.

For those of you unsure, I'd ask you to think how much you really are prepared to play. We aren't asking you to play every night of the week. Maybe 3 nights, i.e over the weekend and maybe once during the week. It'll be arranged day by day obviously when we can let each other know either during a gaming session or on the forums. Its really not too much trouble as we managed to get along fine during the summer months and time we played Battlefield. If you were ever part of that you'll understand and see its quite easy to still arrange games with 1 or 2 members down. New games will be our priority of course as everyone wants to play the newest games out, but we can also switch it up and go back to an Update #2)

Update #2

We've decided to change the name of the clan to Insomniacs as some people didn't like the ATF meaning. Also because it's a little more original to our members and their playing habbits along with an easier to use tag when it comes to multiplayer games and their options (INS/IN5).

We'll be updating the topic again later with detail(Y)n how to sign up (Y)

Thanks goes to Sethos for his contribution o(Y)aking this topic (Y)

Edited by DrunknMunky

Looks like you guys are going to be staying up real late again to be able to play with anyone from over here. :laugh: You ready to pull more all-nighters DM?

I could be down for this since I'm out of work for the next two weeks starting Saturday.

And does this mean you'll finally give-in and play WaW??? ;)

don't use the word "clan", clan just brings to mind annoying brats on CS servers that think blatant racism and adding z's to their name makes them cool.

but other than that, how would one join this club?

I'm in, just don't expect me to allways be able to talk, though I do listen :p

and hopefully it won't be just the latest games being played since the only "new" game I currently have is GoW and currently I won't be able to many new ones for a while unless things change.

I came into this thread eager to find some info about a new version of ATF, the old fighter plane game. I'm sad now :(

I'd apply but I'm more of a seasonal gamer, depending on my workload that is :/.

I'm down. I have a close knit group of friends that I typically play with but they don't play as often as I do. I could always use more good people to play with.

I'm down. I have a close knit group of friends that I typically play with but they don't play as often as I do. I could always use more good people to play with.

same here, so i'm in as well.

Updated the original post with some answers to your Q's.

Some things have yet to be discussed between Sethos and I, but I will be updating the topic tomorrow again most likely.

good initiative, and i'd like to join, but my online is sporadic, i admit to being more of a single player type. however, if it's a couple nights days a week i'll be more than happy.

Not too sure on the name, but good idea (Y)

I won't commit though, as I don't really play online enough just now :laugh: Only thing I play enough if TF2 on the PC just because the learning curve isn't steep :p

However I'll try play some more games with you guys outside of a clan if Sethos doesn't hate me enough to say no! :laugh:

don't use the word "clan", clan just brings to mind annoying brats on CS servers that think blatant racism and adding z's to their name makes them cool.

but other than that, how would one join this club?

but that is fun :D

I used to be a heavy clan gamer, but I don't really play competitively anymore, I like the name of it!

It would be better if it were ATD however: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Drugs.

That's just me though ;) lol

I used to be a heavy clan gamer, but I don't really play competitively anymore, I like the name of it!

It would be better if it were ATD however: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Drugs.

That's just me though ;) lol

Yeah but its named after the ATF in the USA.

Not quite original I thought at first, and could be other clans out there already named like this. :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bureau_of_Alc..._and_Explosives

I'll do it. I finish work on Dec. 23rd so i'll have my evenings back!

Any game that you guy's play I'll be able to most likely, CoD:WaW, Gears, etc. Might not be the best but I've never played in a proper clan before, seriously on Halo 3 with friends but nothing more :p

I'm all up for it though, should be great if it takes off. I just wana play competitively online again :( Been ages since I've played Halo 3 online XD

Really like the idea, just need a new name...

http://www.atfclan.com/

But that site above is a clan, and they also stand for Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms. They have also been a clan for 10 years from just reading about them.

I remember I tried to get NSA going, which stands for No Strings Attached, meaning none of the BS that usually goes along with the clans and normal gaming idiots.

Feel free to use it, or feel free to talk over any other names with me, I actually have a few under my sleeve from over the years. I sometimes use ECF or DJF, which means East Coasts Finest or Dirty Jerseys Finest. I am thinking since we are a global site, the WWF, or World Wide Finest, is kind of kick ass. ;) And also obviously a pretty funny play on the wrestling thing.

We could also use NWN and have it stand for No ******s Or N00bs and join the mindest of most of the gaming community :rofl:

Sorry, did not get much sleep.

Edited by Colin-uk

Reading the first post with the new edit I'm going to say this and leave it at that. Settling differences is something that is very difficult for anyone to do as I know many other members including and as we all know including me are very headstrong and more than likely don't forgive easily. Now, if anyone is willing to go out and understand that I am willing to play with you guys even without a microphone (well with a microphone to listen no to talk). As I've mentioned earlier in this topic I'm really willing to play and am down for whatever game it might be if I have the game to play. You guys can make the call.

Although, I believe that clan/group name should be different as I'm sure many memembers are not for Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms such as I but that is just me of coruse.

So lastly, I'm throwing it out there. Sorry for anything I've said that has offended anyone.

Some good games to start the gaming for the clan/group would be:

• Call of Duty 4
  • Call of Duty 5
  • Halo 2
  • Halo 3
  • Gears of War
  • Gears of War 2
  • Need For Speed (maybe?)
  • Rock Band 2
  • PSU

Why don't you just play and talk normally UNDERxOATH? We're gonna need people who are skilled and can communicate. I'm sure people will be willing to play with you or anyone for that matter as long as no-one abuses their ability to talk through the mic - such as trash talking, slamming your own team members etc.

Sounds good, i've only ever managed to catch a few games with some of you guys and always enjoyed it!

I wouldnt say i'm the best gamer but i'll always give it a try :)

I don't usually talk much on Mic's just for the fact you always get some idiot but i am happy to talk when needed and i will always listen.

I'll be away alot over christmas but i'm happy to play before and after most days of the week, uk time and around 20:00 +

gamertag = skivie

Really like the idea, just need a new name...

http://www.atfclan.com/

But that site above is a clan, and they also stand for Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms. They have also been a clan for 10 years from just reading about them.

I remember I tried to get NSA going, which stands for No Strings Attached, meaning none of the BS that usually goes along with the clans and normal gaming idiots.

Feel free to use it, or feel free to talk over any other names with me, I actually have a few under my sleeve from over the years. I sometimes use ECF or DJF, which means East Coasts Finest or Dirty Jerseys Finest. I am thinking since we are a global site, the WWF, or World Wide Finest, is kind of kick ass. ;) And also obviously a pretty funny play on the wrestling thing.

We could also use NWN and have it stand for No W A N K E R s Or N00bs and join the mindest of most of the gaming community :rofl:

Sorry, did not get much sleep.

Yeah the clan name isn't set in stone as far as I know. Sethos and I were playing around with names for quite a while last night. We were also thinking of Insomniacs because we usually play at night, and in the case for some of us Europeans, really late at night :rofl:

We knew ATF was taken already but because this clan is purely for social/small time gaming, it wouldn't cause a problem, as we won't be playing in pro tournaments. Also because the tag isn't usable in most games where 2 characters 1 number is needed. This is where Insomniacs is better because we can use INS or IN5.

We wanted to stay away from the typical Neowin/NW tag because it's almost an invite for any member to join. While we aren't being strict on who joins, we don't want people to sign up just to say they are a part of something, but then never participate in any games. It's just a waste of our time and I don't want the clan to end up like the Neowin Matches topic.

As for what games we'll play, to give examples it'd be things like Call of Duty, Halo, Gears, Left 4 Dead, Battlefield etc. Shooters will probably the most popular because we can have more players on the same team. For those that play the niche titles like Rockband and GH those are obviously welcome, but there isn't much competitive gameplay there.