24" Vs 2x20"

so im buying this new computer, and i have a choice, i can either buy a samsung 24" and i looked at the 20"'ers and they cost on avrege half of it, for ordinary work, and casual gaming sometimes, what would you prefer?

P.S

this post is about screens, not penis.

I'm running two 20" SyncMaster 206BW (samsung) and i think they are just big enough for me. I wanted to do tri-screen, but 2 wide screen monitors is good enough. It also helps to know what you will be using 2 monitors for, or if you can handle doing everything on one?

im using a 15.4 screen now, anything would be an insane jump.

i want something that i could play some games on, and do some serious work on.

what screens would you recommend? 20" (no wierdish company's nobody can find please, the usual suspects pls, i don't want to be chasing my warranty in china)

i don't do commercial work, but school and stuff, i guess i thought of it just because i think its cool after thinking about it after your post.

so im buying this new computer, and i have a choice, i can either buy a samsung 24" and i looked at the 20"'ers and they cost on avrege half of it, for ordinary work, and casual gaming sometimes, what would you prefer?

P.S

this post is about screens, not penis.

There's nothing quite like the spaciousness of a large monitor. Good for everything.

For what you want to do, I think dual screens would be a waste. Two smallish screens vs. one large, spacious one.

I'd go with a 24" display unless you absolutely have the need for dual displays. I find that working with dual displays can be a bit awkward especially if they are not the exact same type of display. Your graphics card would also have to work harder driving two displays and that's not going to be a good thing if you're planning on playing games.

maybe you should also consider 2 22", I personally find it's the happy medium (20" is a bit small....and 24" would be awesome but it's pricey....)

Isn't 22" just a lower quality 20" at 1680 x 1050 just the same?

Edited by Alex Suraci

Isn't 22" just an lower quality 20" at 1680 x 1050 just the same?

From what I have seen, yes. I find that on most 22-inch displays at 1680x1050 that text and the overall picture quality isn't as sharp compared to a 20-inch display at 1680x1050.

I would disagee with everyone and say get a 24 inch, and a 20 inch. I know it wasn't an option but for me having the 24 inch on one side and then turn the 20 inch horizontal is perfect for editing documents, email, etc.

If that doesn't suit you a single 24 will do just fine, just make sure you have a video card that can push it. Laptop integrated won't work.

I would do 2x22" over the 20s. I currently have two 22" and about to pick up two 24" LCDs but im deciding I should buy a 30" LCD or just buy more 22/24 inch LCDs. decisions, decisions.

I personally just got a 20" to replace my old 15". Sometimes I had my old 17" CRT hooked up at the same time, and I have to say, dual screens is brilliant. That being said though, I found the upgrade from 15" to 20" to be significant and am loving widescreen. I think 24" is ridiculously big for a PC screen in my opinion unless you watch movies or TV on it in a big room as well. I've found that 20" is big enough to watch movies & TV from my bed in my room.

So, out of your two choices, I'm going to do the useful thing and not suggest saying "Get 2x 24" or "Get 1 20 and 1 24" because it's plain daft people advising on things that are out of reach for you. Personally it winds me up when you ask for advice on something and say "I can have this or this" and then someone suggests something way out of budget. Or even if you say "I can spend no more than ?100, what's the best I can get" - you always get people saying "For the extra ?20 you can gethisb>" - doesn't matter if ?100 is the limit does it?

Anyhoo, I'm rambling. I'd suggest the 2x 20" option. 1 20" screen is perfect for my needs which are pretty similar to yours + I watch a bit of TV, a movie here n there and program. You could always just get 1 20" screen for now, see how you like that and if you feel you still need extra screen real estate, get the second one.

Isn't 22" just a lower quality 20" at 1680 x 1050 just the same?

they actually have 22" lcd's at 1920x1200

24" is the most common sized lcd at 1920x1200 but i've seen a fair few 22" or 21.5" lcds at 1920x1200

to OP will you benefit from a higher resolution? i'm currently on a 22" 1680x1050 and its pretty awesome i'm considering getting a 24" 1920x1200 or a 22" 1920x1200 still deciding (before the market crash i was looking at either a 28" for $700 aud or a 30" for $1200 aud now they both cost far 2 much :()

I'm running on a 24" iMac right now, and got... at the beginning it's huuuuuge! Then you get used to it. But I feel like there's something to see everywhere, like, you cannot get a big portrait of what you're seeing because your eyes are too close, your vision is limited and the monitor is really big... I don't know if you understand what I'm saying lol

But still, I'd suggest it. It's awesome, just maybe text is too small (1920x1200), but everything is so crystal crisp! You need an ultra top performer graphics card though if you want to use the native resolution in your games. Running a game with more than 2 megapixels, even with low settings, require a lot of performance.

I don't know if I would really appreciate having two monitors on one computer. It's something I've never tried, but you know, the fact that the interface is separate with a plastic or aluminum border doesn't make it in my mind.