Can someone help me with my networking errors?

Whenever I go into the networking section of 7 or when I start up I get a bunch of errors. Some of the errors are:

Com+

Cryptographic Services

Diagnostic Service Host

Peer Networking Identity Manager

SSDP Discovery

SPP Notification Service

They all stop working. When I go to the action center to get the problem response I just get a "Page cannot be displayed".

This can sometimes mess up things with network sharing and I have to restart to fix it.

Anyone else having this trouble? Anyone know possible fixes?

My wifi card is a TRENDnet TEW-443PI card and router is a d-link DIR 628 I believe.

I've always had this problem but it really started getting bad after I started my computer and 7 started this repair thing. I don't know what happened because I left the room while my computer was starting but when I came back it said something happened and it was doing this repair thing.

It also keeps saying my network is limited access. So now it's telling me that I cannot access any of the computers on the network (even my own)

Any help would be appreciated.

Has this always happened since you installed Windows 7? If so, it's probably a device driver that you are missing or need to update.

Another thing you could do would be to go to Control Panel (all) | Troubleshooting and see if that does anything. It's a new feature that I haven't tried much yet.

Good luck.

Have you updated drivers?

http://www.trendnet.com/downloads/list_sub...;SUBTYPE_ID=972

One other thing you could do is uninstall and reinstall the drivers. This why I remove all hardware that is not needed to instakk OS then install the Extra hardware

http://www.trendnet.com/asp/download_manag....asp?iFile=9271

Edited by charles48864

Has this always happened since you installed Windows 7? If so, it's probably a device driver that you are missing or need to update.

Another thing you could do would be to go to Control Panel (all) | Troubleshooting and see if that does anything. It's a new feature that I haven't tried much yet.

Good luck.

Yes it has. I have changed the drivers twice. One was suggested from MS and it was Athros I believe but I recently switched to the Trendnet one to see if they would fix the problem.

I'll try the control panel stuff.

I asked over at MS beta board but all I got was:

- Get a new card

- Find the problem fix it and then REINSTALL 7

I don't feel must like reinstalling an OS over something that could very well be driver computability related.

Yeah, but they have three different driver/utilities on it. Which one would you recommend I use?

http://www.trendnet.com/downloads/list_sub...?SUBTYPE_ID=969

When you run devmgmt.msc, do you get any errors or warnings? If yes, fix it so you don't have them anymore. Then reboot and check it again.

If no, go to the network adapter drivers and uninstall all of them. Then reboot. Hopefully Windows will auto-detect the NICs after that and fix everything.

If that doesn't work, run sigverif to make sure you have signed device drivers pertaining to the NICs.

What card do you have A1.1R or A

I would think you would need the FCC.

FCC / A versions

File Name:UtilityDriver_TEW-441PC_443PI(v1.3b10)_FCC.zip

Was this a clean install of windows7?

Edited by charles48864

Whenever I go into the networking section of 7 or when I start up I get a bunch of errors. Some of the errors are:

Com+

Cryptographic Services

Diagnostic Service Host

Peer Networking Identity Manager

SSDP Discovery

SPP Notification Service

With those errors on startup, your installation of Windows 7 is totally screwed. As in registry corruption or file corruption. Copy off any data you want to keep to CD/DVD or flash drive. Re-install Windows 7 or OS of your choice. During installation, delete the partition and then re-create it. Oh, and make sure you install Avast antivir software as soon as the install completes. :)

If you have made changes in your TCIP Stack I would also do this. I would think the startup problem is tied to 7 trying to set the network.

1.Click on Start button.

2.Type Cmd in the Start Search text box.

3.Press Ctrl-Shift-Enter keyboard shortcut to run Command Prompt as Administrator. Allow elevation request.

4.Type netsh int ip reset in the Command Prompt shell, and then press the Enter key.

5.Restart the computer.

You need to be set to Administrator to do this and all it will do is reset your TCIP Stack to default.

None of the drivers seem to work.

wguimb suggested doing a reinstall. Do you think that will fix it? I am not too optimistic about it. I still kinda think it has to do with drivers. 7 RC is supposed to be coming out soon right? Next month?

Have you check Devices and Printers Folder? Can you see it there?

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/Devic...ce/default.mspx

http://www.atmasphere.net/wp/archives/2009...nd-device-stage

One other thing when you installed win7 what network setting did you pick? Home, work, ect

It was my home. And the issue has been going on since I first started 7. It just recently got worse. I know that Windows want the Athros drivers and if I try to install drivers from Trendnet I have to have the device installed on my computer with the Athros drivers. Or else the installation for the trendnet drivers won't start.