IE 8 reacting slowly

Installed IE8. Works fine and I'm pretty impressed by it so far, *BUT* it seems a bit sluggish, UI-wise. When I want to open a new tab (Ctrl-T) it takes up to 4-5 seconds to actually get the new tab going and ready to accept input. I'm just wondering whether you guys have the same/similar problems (IE also takes considerable time to fire up the first time)

This is on Windows Vista Home Premium, AMD 5600+, 2gb ram, ATI Radeon 4670. Running in the background is AVG Free 8.5, which I disabled for testing but it didn't have any impact on IE's reaction time.

I've had no such slow response times; for me it's pretty snappy. I have a Athlon X64 3000+ (1.8 Ghz, single core) and 2 GB RAM.

try disabling the Java ssv plugin

for me, that was the cause of slow IE8.

Open IE8 -> Goto- Tools->Manage Add-ons-> higlight "Java Plug-In's SSV Helper 2" -> Disable it.

Post# 27 : https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?show...amp;p=590739132

It's already disabled. In fact, apart from Flash and Silverlight I disabled all plugins and addons... this is really driving me round the bend. IE8 takes approx. 8 seconds to load, new tabs up to 5 seconds. That's just too much.

Another side-effect I've just noticed: when I don't wait for a new tab to fully load (i.e., "Connecting..." is still visible) and I, then, click on a link IE8 offers to download the shortcut. LOL.

Open Task Manager, then open IE8, see CPU usage, note IF some process/plugin takes higher CPU usage when IE8 loads.

i spotted Java ssv plugin "jp2ssv.dll" to take full 100% CPU, for startup & for new tabs.

The cause of IE8 slowness for me is having too much Resticted Sites.

(Read that its because of some LCIE thing)

Its because I installed IE-SPYAD which added the entries in.

I removed the added entries and IE8 runs all better.

There are also reports of Spybot S&D's Immunize affecting IE8.

To remove all sites added by Spybot's Immunize:

1. open regedit

2. go to this key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap

3. delete the following sub-folders: Domains, EscDomains, Ranges

4. go to this key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P

5. delete the sub-folder History

(Read that its because of some LCIE thing)

Its because I installed IE-SPYAD which added the entries in.

I removed the added entries and IE8 runs all better.

Thanks, removing the Spybot immunized sites did it for me! :D

1. open regedit

2. go to this key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap

4. go to this key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\P3P

I just started up Spybot, went to the immunize tab, and clicked on Undo.

1. open regedit

Thanks! I'll give this a shot later. I did have Spybot installed once, so this could be it!

Thanks again!

Worked like a charm.

In addition, I had to remove the same folders in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

This is great! IE8 all snappy and fast. Wonderful. :-)

Cheers