Can i have more than 2 energy plans in systray batery popup

Hi to all.

Wel, is the title say, Windows Seven show only two energy plans on systray popup, this is very anoyng to my and i supose to much other people, so, Exist a way to add three or more energy plans to the popup????

sinttuloe.jpg

Also could by cool to have display brightness slider in systray popup :D

Sorry my bad english :D

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

This really annoys me too, even more so because I can't actually choose which plans go in there. The second plan that appears there just seems to be completely random. They should just have a checkbox next to each power plan in the main window saying "Show this plan in the notification area", or something like that.

Also, in the main window, why are additional power plans hidden by default? There's lots of space to display them and the only reason I would click More Power Plans would be to access additional power plans. It's stupid!

This litle part of the OS is one of the most useless at this moment when it can by one of the most usefull :(.

I hope finel Windows 7 change it.

They should just have a checkbox next to each power plan in the main window saying "Show this plan in the notification area", or something like that.

I want some like this too :D.

I dont know windows Vista/7 GUI API, i will read some about it to make my own battery systray control. Must be easy, just read registry and call some APIS.

I will try to make some like this

post754371240043848.jpg

Edit: And one important thing, brillance control in the popup :D

My idea is to show group of plans grouped by base plans that could be Max save, equilibred and Max performance.

I dont know anything about Windows Vista Presentation foundation, so if anybody know fell free to help xD. In two or tre days i hope i can habe some preview of my idea.

Sorry my bad english

Edited by Cheerpipe

Is i said, the first release of my application:

Original Windows Seven Power Popup.

sinttuloe.jpg

My Systray Power Popup.

sinttulogfv.jpg

And, what is the enhancement????

This power popup work almost exact the same way as the original but this can show all your power plans (not only two), add a LCD Dimmer control :D, i just love to change my screen luminosity from my systray, and add a option to acces Windows Presentation Mode Settings in one click.

For last, it is only one exe and it fully support Windows Multilanguaje Interfaz. So, enjoy in your own languaje :D.

This is a 6 hours work, so it can have some bugs.

TODO:

* Image and Icon for low level battery and critical battery status (this week).

* Calculating battery time remain, now only show battery charge percent (sorry, i have HP laptop, maybe this week i will try to get a notebbok that support battery time remaing on Vista/Seven).

* Show notifications on connect, disconect AC/Battery, and on low and critical battery status.

* autostar with Windows Option.

NOTE: I will this for Windows 7, but i think it must work on Vista. It will not work in Windows XP.

Post you comments and bugs please :D.

Changelog:

1.0.1 Added text alerts "Your current plan might reduce system performance", "Your current plan might reduce battery life" and "Your current brightness setting might reduce battery life"

1.0.0 Initial release.

Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N0TPVXZM

Sorry my bad english, i speak spanish.

Well done Cheerpipe but i have a request.

You can do a version without screen luminosity options because in my pc it give me an error "An error occurred opening the lcd device" ??

Thanks

Well done Cheerpipe but i have a request.

You can do a version without screen luminosity options because in my pc it give me an error "An error occurred opening the lcd device" ??

Thanks

In fact, it is a litle bug, because this feature is activated/deactivated if is suppoerted. My latest compiled exe have this fixed, plus low battery alert and batery/AC power connection and desconnection detection.

Maybe tomorrow i upload the new version.

Only small annoyances are the double colon ( :: ) after 'Current power plan' and when you click the power icon to open, and then again to close it, it just reopens it.

These are nothing major, but just letting you know.

Only small annoyances are the double colon ( :: ) after 'Current power plan' and when you click the power icon to open, and then again to close it, it just reopens it.

These are nothing major, but just letting you know.

Checking....

One think

• 7 months later...

There is a fix! A free 3rd party app named 'Power Plan Assistant for Windows 7' does it all, and does nice! Program's capabilities:

Power Plan Assistant allows a user to:

1. Switch between the Windows? built-in power plans (all power plans, including custom plans, not just 2 of them, as it is when operating via system Power icon);

2. Easily observe which power plan is currently active (dynamic application icon in a taskbar notification area changes in accordance with an active power plan, does not matter where it has been changed - in a Control Panel, system Power icon or in the Power Plan Assistant itself);

3. Instantly power off the display on user's demand (why wait at least one minute for it to be powered off, wasting the energy?). The display can be waked up then by pressing any key or moving the cursor;

4. Switch the power plans automatically:

- to 'Power Saver' (to preventively save the energy if the battery level goes low);

- to 'High Performance' (on plugging in);

- to 'Balanced' (on plugging out).

Download link: http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4883-pow...-windows-7.html

Cheerpipe's program looked good, pitty its gone (and so appears the author too).

tuxplorer: I sent the author of it a e-mail, asking for a suggestion (switch to Power-Saver upon unplugging rather then Balanced) and a little polite message saying his program was more Trialware then Donation-ware.

• 2 years later...