Glee (Season 1)

McKinley High School's Glee Club used to be at the top of the show choir world, but years later, it has turned into a haven for misfits and social outcasts. But at McKinley, things for the Glee Club are about to change. From Ryan Murphy, the creator of "Nip/Tuck," comes GLEE, an uplifting comedy musical series with biting humor that features a soundtrack of hit music from past to present. The show follows an optimistic high school teacher as he tries to refuel his own passion for singing while reinventing the school's glee club and challenging a group of underdogs to realize their star potential. WILL SCHUESTER (Matthew Morrison) has offered to take on the Herculean task of restoring McKinley's Glee Club to its former glory with the help of fellow teacher and germaphobe EMMA PILLSBURY (Jayma Mays). It's a tall order when the brightest stars of the club include KURT (Chris Colfer), a nerdy soprano with a flair for the dramatic; MERCEDES (Amber Riley), a dynamic diva-in-training who refuses to sing back-up; ARTIE (Kevin McHale), a geeky guitarist who spends more time avoiding bullies than chasing girls; and TINA (Jenna Ushkowitz), an awkward girl who needs to suppress her stutter before she can take center stage. Will's only hope lies with two true talents: RACHEL BERRY (Lea Michele), a perfectionist firecracker who is convinced that show choir is her ticket to stardom; and FINN HUDSON (Cory Monteith), the popular high school quarterback with movie star looks and a Motown voice who must protect his reputation with his holier-than-thou girlfriend and head cheerleader, QUINN (Dianna Agron), and his arrogant football teammate, PUCK (Mark Salling). Driven by his secret past, Will is determined to do whatever it takes to make Glee great again, even though everyone around him thinks he's nuts. He's out to prove them all wrong from his tough-as-nails wife TERRI SCHUESTER (Jessalyn Gilsig) to McKinley's scheming cheerleading coach SUE SYLVESTER (Jane Lynch) to an ber-hip world that thinks jazz hands and sequined tuxedos litter the road to infamy rather than pave the way to Hollywood dreams.

PRODUCTION COMPANIES: 20th Century Fox Television, Ryan Murphy Television

EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk, Dante Di Loreto

CO-EXECUTIVE PRODUCERS: Ian Brennan, John Peter Kousakis

DIRECTOR: Ryan Murphy

CAST: Dianna Agron as Quinn, Chris Colfer as Kurt, Jessalyn Gilsig as Terri Schuester, Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester, Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury, Kevin McHale as Artie, Lea Michele as Rachel Berry, Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson, Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester, Amber Riley as Mercedes, Mark Salling as Puck, Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina

c2d7ed36146310.gif 04202d36146314.gif 75505e36146326.gif 4a103236146368.gif d16fd436146375.gif b1ae2036146380.gif 5c72dd36146385.gif f0848236146421.gif 3a2af536146479.gif 99584f36146484.gif 38f92c36146490.gif a6f81236146499.gif bda61836146503.gif 3816c836146514.gif 45785d36146523.gif 26170336146530.gif

Edited by Rappy

I don't even have a witty comment for this. I'll just pretend I didn't read all that :p

It doesn't sound amazing :p but someone may like it here on Neowin!

Doh!! Forgot to post here after the first episode.. LOVED the show.. Reminds me of a High School Musical tv show in a sense, but I LOVED IT!!!

Loved the Journey song and such.. Can't wait for the season to start up.. Now I have Chuck, Fringe, Heroes,Glee, Lie To Me!!! Awesome I am finally finding some good tv shows.

Now I just need to fill up the rest of the week with something good.

I thought this show was really good. I loved the pilot. It feels like an ironic comedy similar to The Office only on a smaller scale. It's too bad we don't get to see how it plays out until the Fall. I don't know why they decided to preview the pilot 3 months before it should. A tease? A test run? I just hope Fox doesn't cancel it right off the bat cause I'd like to see how it progresses.

Obviously there's really no "plot" development. I can see that they're episodes will consist of character development and a main "show" for a particular song. The did some really good classics like Grease "You're the one that I want" and "Don't stop believing."

I think what turned me off from prioritising was the fact it looked alot like HSM but I will get round to it as the Summer is going to be sparse.

letting my wife watch it now.. She had to work and didnt get to see it when it came on.

lmao I love the one of the Cheerleader coach.. I can just hear her saying LOOOOOSSSSEEERRR

7ade8737193584.gif

you know that hulu desktop isn't a bad little program.. I am pleasantly surprised by it :p

• 1 month later...
I have seen the season premiere of Glee! And it is so deeply dorkily awesome. It picks up a day or two after the pilot left off, with Mr. Schuster (Matthew Morrison) back at school. The glee kids are dorky in the parking lot, and Kurt still gets thrown in the dumpster, sans Finn?s participation. The main focus of the episode is the Glee kids? attempt avoid the humiliation of performing ?Freakout? at a school assembly. Their performance is necessary because they must win regionals or be disbanded, and they need twelve members to make regionals. It is the Cheer coach?s avowed mission to prevent them from achieving this. Jane Lynch is astonishing.

I don?t want to give too much away, so I?ll just give you some hints:

There are 5 musical numbers. The conflict between the Cheerios and the Glee Club is laid out really well. Schuster?s wife is still a vicious entitled bitch, but towards the end of the episode she shows a glimmer of becoming interesting. Rachel busts a cap in the Celibacy Club?s ass. The romantic subplots are moving quickly. The glee kids have a secret rehearsal and perform a number that leads to the line, ?That was the most offensive thing I?ve seen in 20 years of teaching, and that includes an elementary school production of Hair.? I love Jane Lynch. There are three new members of the Glee Club. Most of the post-pilot preview material is in this episode, though not quite all. It ends with Lynch plotting to take New Directions down. It?s all amazing.

After the preview, the panel came out. Dianna Agron (Quinn), Matthew Morrison, Lea Michele, Cory Monteith, Ian Brennan, and another producer were there. (They didn?t have namecards so I have no idea who the other producer was. Sorry.) The actors mostly discussed their audition processes and the differences between acting for the stage vs. acting for television. The cast members will also embark on a ten city tour in about three weeks. They?ll be in Hot Topic doing meet and greets. If you want to know if they?re coming to your town, follow Glee on Fox on Twitter.

Obviously the music is a major component of the show. They don?t ever spontaneously burst into song because the producers think that might alienate viewers. Rather, they sing in rehearsals or performances or just in their rooms at home, and there are cuts to scenes of their daily life. In the beginning they had planned on 3 or 4 songs an episode, but some episodes have as many as 7. They?ve recorded over 60 tracks, and we?ve been promised both Barbra Streisand and the Rolling Stones in an upcoming episode. Some big musical stars guesting in upcoming episodes include Kristin Chenowith, Josh Groban, Debra Monk, Victor Garber, and Eve.

Brennan talked about the process of making the show. It?s written thematically rather than plotwise. They discuss where there characters are in their emotional journeys, then come up with songs, then come up with a plot. And although this has made at least two really great episodes so far, anyone who remembers Popular should maybe be a little worried. I mentioned above that the romantic storylines move quickly in the first episode, and it looks like that pace will continue. When Ryan Murphy pitched the first couple episodes to Fox, the execs said That?s a lot of story, and Murphy said, That?s the only way I know how to do it. Brennan says that if a writer has a good idea, it goes in the script. They aren?t saving anything for future episodes. Again, anyone who loved Popular should be worried.

But for now, the show looks incredible. Smart, funny, touching, insane, absurd, realistic, and a thousand other adjectives all rolled up into a little ball of joy. When the panelists were asked to give a short description of the show, there were a few comparisons to Election, which is apt, but honestly Glee isn?t like anything on TV right now. Monteith said he?d heard it described thusly: ?It?s like if High School Musical had been punched in the stomach and had its lunch money stolen.? I don?t know anyone who wouldn?t love watching that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't wait, i loved the pilot, im a sucker for musicals like this. I liked it so much i had to purchase their version of Dont stop Believing on iTunes.

Edited by Swarley