[Rumour] Nikkei : New Wii Fit this Fall and new Mario game this year

This new version of Wii Fit is apparently going to have online functionalities and improved accuracy for the measurements. A transcription of the article from Nikkei Shimbun (paper) also confirms the name "Wii Fit Plus".

As for the new Mario game, it's only mentioned that it's supposed to hit on the second half of this year.

Source : http://www.nikkei.co.jp/news/main/20...V30052009.html

Time for the Nintendo leaks...

A new Mario already? Oh dear, a little too soon if it's one of the main series games.

Galaxy & Sunshine were both in development for much longer than this (depending of course when they started).

It would mean we'd already have another Zelda by now if they were pumping up production of 1st party games, and obviously that hasn't happened, so..:/ I call BS tbh.

A new Mario already? Oh dear, a little too soon if it's one of the main series games.

Galaxy & Sunshine were both in development for much longer than this (depending of course when they started).

It would mean we'd already have another Zelda by now if they were pumping up production of 1st party games, and obviously that hasn't happened, so..:/ I call BS tbh.

Actually, it could be a New Super Mario Bros 2 for DS, rather then a console based Mario title.

Actually, it could be a New Super Mario Bros 2 for DS, rather then a console based Mario title.

I actually hope for a "New Super Mario Bros" type game but based on SMW and on the Wii instead of the DS

Another Zelda... hmmm...

Twilight Princess is still arguably the best game produced for the Wii, period. Super Mario Galaxy and Mario Kart Wii were both very entertaining (and brilliantly designed, to boot), but Zelda still has them beat. An incredibly rich world...

I actually hope for a "New Super Mario Bros" type game but based on SMW and on the Wii instead of the DS

The thing is, New Super Mario Bros isn't anything like SMB 1-3 anyway, a) it's in 3D b) the world/level system is different, even compared 3 and c) there's even newer mushrooms then in 1-3. Plus, NSMB had mini-games whereas 1-3 didn't. So, a game "based on SMW" probably wouldn't be like SMW at all :p It'd be SWM in name alone, I'm guessing. Either way, I wouldn't mind seeing a 3D NSMB on the Wii that's based off of the Mario Galaxy engine (in a similar fashion to NSMB DS based off of SM64 DS).

As Munky said, it is way too soon for another Mario game to be released for the Wii. For the DS that is different though.

I call BS on that one, as for the Wii Fit it may be true. With EA's active being better than the Wii Fit, Nintendo will have to make it better to compete.

SMG 2 looks great.

The graphics even have a slight bump over the first.